Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT in rd 1 & OC in rd 2
(04-07-2018, 08:18 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: If the Bengals need anything this year, it’s a low risk/ safe bet starting Olineman. I think either McGlinchy, Wynn, Hernandez, Price, or Daniels fits this bill. Now if Williams falls to Cincy at 46, I’d be cool with it, but only if the Bengals take one of those safe bets in the first.

Or two or three.

And they are all risks:  The two safest OL picks from what I've heard are McGinchley and Wynn.  And even they have holes.   McGinchley struggles with speed/ quickness guys - that are now found on both the weak and strong side.

Wynn reportedly is more of a zone blocking guy who doesn't the push that someone like Hernandez is going to get.  And the Bengals are going in the power scheme direction.

Hernandez reportedly has short arms and is not as good moving laterally as Wynn, but is a beast in the power game.

Honestly the safest prospect I've read reviews on is Ragnow.   And he is projected anywhere from the mid first round to the mid third round.

So hard to call, but If I'm trying to be safe I'm taking Ragnow in the first (unless McGinchley is there) and someone like Crosby or Brown if they are available at 46.

Which I think will be moot.   I think the Bengals take the best defensive player (unless McGinchley is there).  And if Payne is there I think they will take him over McGinchley.   But my expectation is that neither will be there. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 11:55 AM)Steve Wrote: most ppl say Wynn's arms are too short to play OT in the NFL.....
he'll be an OG or even an OC

(04-08-2018, 12:58 PM)Goalpost Wrote: They are actually not longer

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/2/28/17063896/2018-nfl-combine-complete-weigh-in-results-for-the-offensive-line

For the record I like both players though 

(04-08-2018, 02:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like the joke is on you.  Wynn's arm length 33 3/8"  Connor Williams' arm length 33".

Perhaps you should check the stats, before shooting off your mouth next time?   Hmm

(04-08-2018, 02:44 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Connor “t-Rex arms” Williams

LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 11:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: i think there is ZERO chance that the Bengals go OT at #21.  They traded for Glenn for a reason, and that's because this year's tackle group isn't worthy of first round consideration.  

The "safe' picks in the draft on the O-line are Daniels, Wynn, Hernandez.

McGlinchey is a safe, quality first round selection in the 20's (at least IMO). I'd prefer him over Fisher at RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 12:05 PM)3wt Wrote: Or two or three.

And they are all risks:  The two safest OL picks from what I've heard are McGinchley and Wynn.  And even they have holes.   McGinchley struggles with speed/ quickness guys - that are now found on both the weak and strong side.

Wynn reportedly is more of a zone blocking guy who doesn't the push that someone like Hernandez is going to get.  And the Bengals are going in the power scheme direction.

Hernandez reportedly has short arms and is not as good moving laterally as Wynn, but is a beast in the power game.

Honestly the safest prospect I've read reviews on is Ragnow.   And he is projected anywhere from the mid first round to the mid third round.

So hard to call, but If I'm trying to be safe I'm taking Ragnow in the first (unless McGinchley is there) and someone like Crosby or Brown if they are available at 46.

Which I think will be moot.   I think the Bengals take the best defensive player (unless McGinchley is there).  And if Payne is there I think they will take him over McGinchley.   But my expectation is that neither will be there. 

Nice post, Bambino left out the safest prospect lol

What is nice about Wynn is he is very smart and could play in any scheme from what i have seen.

Hernandez is more physical but it is not like Wynn cannot play physical.

Ragnow and Wynn i think are the safest prospects for us.

McGlinchey i would be fine with but he did play next to Quinton Nelson. Could of helped him a lot.

I doubt we take Payne over McGlinchey though after signing Baker and having Billings and Glasgow waiting in the wings.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post, Bambino left out the safest prospect lol

What is nice about Wynn is he is very smart and could play in any scheme from what i have seen.

Hernandez is more physical but it is not like Wynn cannot play physical.

Ragnow and Wynn i think are the safest prospects for us.

McGlinchey i would be fine with but he did play next to Quinton Nelson. Could of helped him a lot.

I doubt we take Payne over McGlinchey though after signing Baker and having Billings and Glasgow waiting in the wings.

McGlinchey didn't play next to Nelson when he was at RT in 2015. He was a very good RT that year. It's not all Nelson.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 02:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: McGlinchey didn't play next to Nelson when he was at RT in 2015. He was a very good RT that year. It's not all Nelson.

Ah, didn't know that. Makes me like McGlinchey more that is for sure and i already liked the guy for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 03:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ah, didn't know that. Makes me like McGlinchey more that is for sure and i already liked the guy for us.

Looks like Bengals might be interested too...
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/31/17182826/bengals-met-with-notre-dame-offensive-lineman-mike-mcglinchey

Worth mentioning too that the Bengals have selected someone in the first two rounds whom they have met with beforehand.
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/983331583800291328
Very good reason to keep track of player visits leading up to the draft.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/5/17080570/nfl-draft-2018-cincinnati-bengals-pro-day-combine-visit-tracker

When it comes to players the Bengals have met with that could be Round 1-2 prospects...
Vita Vea
Quenton Nelson (combine)
Da'Ron Payne
Mike McGlinchey
Frank Ragnow
Billy Price (combine)
Taven Bryan
Hayden Hurst
Sam Hubbard (combine)
Arden Key
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 03:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Looks like Bengals might be interested too...
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/31/17182826/bengals-met-with-notre-dame-offensive-lineman-mike-mcglinchey

Worth mentioning too that the Bengals have selected someone in the first two rounds whom they have met with beforehand.
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/983331583800291328
Very good reason to keep track of player visits leading up to the draft.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/5/17080570/nfl-draft-2018-cincinnati-bengals-pro-day-combine-visit-tracker

When it comes to players the Bengals have met with that could be Round 1-2 prospects...
Vita Vea
Quenton Nelson (combine)
Da'Ron Payne
Mike McGlinchey
Frank Ragnow
Billy Price (combine)
Taven Bryan
Hayden Hurst
Sam Hubbard (combine)
Arden Key

Awesome, i like all these guys besides Arden Key in the first two rounds. Nelson won't be there though. Of all these players i
would like it best if we went with McGlinchey and then somehow Ragnow fell to us at 46 and we grabbed him. O-line = Fixed.
Reply/Quote