Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT in rd 1 & OC in rd 2
w/ the signing of WR Crabtree I now see the Rat Birds drafting OT McGlinchey....so he'll be off the board....
I was thinking we would "most likely" go OT in rd 1 w/ Wynn then OC in rd 2....

I've now changed my rd 1 pick to 6' 5" 296 lbs Connor Williams in 1 not Wynn....
I just think Williams will be ranked higher on the Bengals board b/c they'll see him as having a higher ceiling as a RT.....whereas Wynn 6' 3" 313 lbs  would probably have to play OG or perhaps OC...

still think in rd 2 we'll pick the best OC on the board...probably be Ragnow....

these are probably our 2 weakest spots & there will be value there for us at both picks....
no reaching.....
i'd say both picks would grade out as A's

fix this O-line EARLY....
then go more ground & pound....AFC North football.....
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 12:10 AM)Steve Wrote: w/ the signing of WR Crabtree I now see the Rat Birds drafting OT McGlinchey....so he'll be off the board....
I was thinking we would "most likely" go OT in rd 1 w/ Wynn then OC in rd 2....

I've now changed my rd 1 pick to 6' 5" 296 lbs Connor Williams in 1 not Wynn....
I just think Williams will be ranked higher on the Bengals board b/c they'll see him as having a higher ceiling as a RT.....whereas Wynn 6' 3" 313 lbs  would probably have to play OG or perhaps OC...

still think in rd 2 we'll pick the best OC on the board...probably be Ragnow....

these are probably our 2 weakest spots & there will be value there for us at both picks....
no reaching.....
i'd say both picks would grade out as A's

fix this O-line EARLY....
then go more ground & pound....AFC North football.....

I am mixed regarding Williams he is a risk
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yea Williams and Wynn seem closer in measurables and style than people think.  I think both are just as questionable as a RT and will be an intense study I'm sure.  

I also wouldn't pin a need pick on Newsome as he isn't shy about taking a BPA.  I think McGlinchy is gone by 21 being the only NFL ready tackle, but it takes one team to see a higher value in sombody else.
Reply/Quote
Wynn > Connor Williams everytime even at RT...

Wynn has ten times better feet and hands and is not coming off of injury. He could play RT just fine even if he would be a better RG.

Connor Williams reminds me of a less athletic Ogbuehi.

Would take Kolton Miller over Connor Williams.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wynn > Connor Williams everytime even at RT...

Wynn has ten times better feet and hands and is not coming off of injury. He could play RT just fine even if he would be a better RG.

Connor Williams reminds me of a less athletic Ogbuehi.

Would take Kolton Miller over Connor Williams.

Amen, brother.  Too many people get caught up in "prototypical measurables", and forget that things like spirit, drive, technique, determination, and will to win are what make a football player a football player.  I've got Wynn over Williams at any of the 5 spots, all day every day.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 06:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Amen, brother.  Too many people get caught up in "prototypical measurables", and forget that things like spirit, drive, technique, determination, and will to win are what make a football player a football player.  I've got Wynn over Williams at any of the 5 spots, all day every day.

For sure Sunset. Wynn has everything you want in an O-lineman, smarts, great feet, great hands, great bend, good physicality
and most important like you said has great spirit, drive, technique and determination. Exact opposite of Ogbuehi who quits on
plays who Connor reminds me of.

Can have all the talent in the world but without the drive it doesn't matter.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals need anything this year, it’s a low risk/ safe bet starting Olineman. I think either McGlinchy, Wynn, Hernandez, Price, or Daniels fits this bill. Now if Williams falls to Cincy at 46, I’d be cool with it, but only if the Bengals take one of those safe bets in the first.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 01:46 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am mixed regarding Williams he is a risk

there's just not many OT's in this draft that grade out high....
but we need a RT.....Fisher & Ced can't handle it....
I see no way OT McGlinchey will make it to 21

if we pick OC or OG in rd 1 then we better get a RT in rd #2....then coach them up asap
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 08:18 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: If the Bengals need anything this year, it’s a low risk/ safe bet starting Olineman. I think either McGlinchy, Wynn, Hernandez, Price, or Daniels fits this bill. Now if Williams falls to Cincy at 46, I’d be cool with it, but only if the Bengals take one of those safe bets in the first.

unless the Bengals can pull a rabbit out of their hat & find a starter off of our bench.....
we still need a starting RT, RG & OC

Hernandez is a fantastic OG....Wynn will be a OG or an OC in the NFL they say...arms are too short to play OT....
there will be a few RT available in rd 2 we could pick....or maybe just pick Connor Williams at 21.....
not sure....?
we shall see ....imo, the only "low risk" OT in this draft is McGlinchey....& he should go around pick 15-16....imo, no lower than the ravens....
I have faith in our war room....I think after the draft most Bengals fans will be happy....
#1 b/c the O-line will be addressed EARLY....
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 06:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure Sunset. Wynn has everything you want in an O-lineman, smarts, great feet, great hands, great bend, good physicality
and most important like you said has great spirit, drive, technique and determination. Exact opposite of Ogbuehi who quits on
plays who Connor reminds me of.

Can have all the talent in the world but without the drive it doesn't matter.

most ppl say Wynn's arms are too short to play OT in the NFL.....
he'll be an OG or even an OC
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 06:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Amen, brother.  Too many people get caught up in "prototypical measurables", and forget that things like spirit, drive, technique, determination, and will to win are what make a football player a football player.  I've got Wynn over Williams at any of the 5 spots, all day every day.

sounds to me like you're all about faith....
 be like saying a guy who's only 5' tall could play Center in the NBA b/c he's got a BIG heart..... Hilarious

the "experts" say Wynn's arms are TOO SHORT to play OT in the NFL.....he will play OG or maybe OC....
I like Wynn....but he most likely won't be playing RT in the NFL unless it's in a sever pinch.....b/c the starting RT is injured...

i'm just repeating what "they are saying"....
if you disagree, fine.....that's your opinion.....we shall see....
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 03:57 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yea Williams and Wynn seem closer in measurables and style than people think.  I think both are just as questionable as a RT and will be an intense study I'm sure.  

I also wouldn't pin a need pick on Newsome as he isn't shy about taking a BPA.  I think McGlinchy is gone by 21 being the only NFL ready tackle, but it takes one team to see a higher value in sombody else.

Wynn is 6' 3" 313.....w/ short arms
Williams is built more like a TE, 6' 5" 298....
yes, he needs to add weight but his arms are longer.....you need that for an OT
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 12:11 PM)Steve Wrote: Wynn is 6' 3" 313.....w/ short arms
Williams is built more like a TE, 6' 5" 298....
yes, he needs to add weight but his arms are longer.....you need that for an OT

They are actually not longer

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/2/28/17063896/2018-nfl-combine-complete-weigh-in-results-for-the-offensive-line

For the record I like both players though 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 12:58 PM)Goalpost Wrote: They are actually not longer

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/2/28/17063896/2018-nfl-combine-complete-weigh-in-results-for-the-offensive-line

For the record I like both players though 

Price had the shortest arms on that list, fwiw. I think Wynn could handle tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If there’s worry of not having favorite C available at 46, get the C at 21 (or more ideal trade back 10-15 picks) and get Tyrell Crosby at 46 to play RT or RG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 12:05 PM)Steve Wrote: sounds to me like you're all about faith....
 be like saying a guy who's only 5' tall could play Center in the NBA b/c he's got a BIG heart..... Hilarious

the "experts" say Wynn's arms are TOO SHORT to play OT in the NFL
.....he will play OG or maybe OC....
I like Wynn....but he most likely won't be playing RT in the NFL unless it's in a sever pinch.....b/c the starting RT is injured...

i'm just repeating what "they are saying"....
if you disagree, fine.....that's your opinion.....we shall see....

Looks like the joke is on you.  Wynn's arm length 33 3/8"  Connor Williams' arm length 33".

Perhaps you should check the stats, before shooting off your mouth next time?   Hmm

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 02:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like the joke is on you.  Wynn's arm length 33 3/8"  Connor Williams' arm length 33".

Perhaps you should check the stats, before shooting off your mouth next time?   Hmm

Connor “t-Rex arms” Williams

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 02:44 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Connor “t-Rex arms” Williams

I trust those numbers, they came directly from their draft profiles on NFL.com

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
i think there is ZERO chance that the Bengals go OT at #21. They traded for Glenn for a reason, and that's because this year's tackle group isn't worthy of first round consideration.

The "safe' picks in the draft on the O-line are Daniels, Wynn, Hernandez.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 08:18 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: If the Bengals need anything this year, it’s a low risk/ safe bet starting Olineman. I think either McGlinchy, Wynn, Hernandez, Price, or Daniels fits this bill. Now if Williams falls to Cincy at 46, I’d be cool with it, but only if the Bengals take one of those safe bets in the first.

I agree with this (maybe minus Daniels). I think certain prospects could be good fits but you can't go into a draft saying we're going to take a tackle in round one and a center in the second round if the talent doesn't line up. If McGlinchy isn't there then take the best player available of another position (interior line, pass rusher, etc.)
Reply/Quote