Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OTA Week 2 Updates
Marvin Jones looks back. Even got treated to a nice little video which shows he hasn't lost a step.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Why-Lewis-doesnt-like-new-PAT-Wilder-tries-FB-Rex-dabbles-in-slot/95239f5d-6831-45a6-a03c-72e740974e73

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Marv-on-the-loose-again/90374361-89fb-437f-89b5-961dd8b86051

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/17444/bengals-marvin-jones-hue-jackson-nfl-ota-receiver-rotation-sprints-back
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He looks GREAT out there.  Very excited about his speed and quickness.
Reply/Quote
He definitely did look good. Got in and out of breaks smoothly, had that speed. Opening play of 11-on-11 he beat Kirkpatrick down the sideline.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Any word on how McCarron or Pryor has looked?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 01:41 AM)Shady Wrote: Any word on how McCarron or Pryor has looked?

One of our best writers tweeted that McCarron has looked really good. 
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 05:29 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: One of our best writers tweeted that McCarron has looked really good. 

Things i read i thought interesting

Rex Burkhead splitting time at RB and WR Hue determined to get him on the field.

Andy Dalton watched 2 of his WRs catch balls while laying on their backs with WR Coach. So he gave it a try too.. (caught all the ones i saw in the video lol)

Jones Looking Good.

Fischer already getting work @ 4 different OL spots. but mainly RT
Reply/Quote
And for the Rex Burkhead fans, Hue had a nice thing to say about him:

Running back Rex Burkhead meets with the backs and position coach Kyle Caskey, but Jackson hasn’t forgotten how Burkhead bailed him out of a jam in the Wild Card Game when Jackson lined him up as a slot receiver in the first half of the game he didn’t have Jones (foot, ankle) or A.J. Green (concussion) and Burkhead had two catches that included the longest by a Bengals receiver that day. So Burkhead lined up in the slot often on Tuesday.

"He can do a little bit of everything. He can run the ball, too. But he can catch it, protect,” Jackson said. “He’s one of the better players on our team so we’ll find things that we can do with him.”
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:41 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: And for the Rex Burkhead fans, Hue had a nice thing to say about him:

Running back Rex Burkhead meets with the backs and position coach Kyle Caskey, but Jackson hasn’t forgotten how Burkhead bailed him out of a jam in the Wild Card Game when Jackson lined him up as a slot receiver in the first half of the game he didn’t have Jones (foot, ankle) or A.J. Green (concussion) and Burkhead had two catches that included the longest by a Bengals receiver that day. So Burkhead lined up in the slot often on Tuesday.

"He  can do a little bit of everything. He can run the ball, too. But he can catch it, protect,” Jackson said. “He’s one of the better players on our team so we’ll find things that  we can do with him.”

I guess I am one of said "Burkhead Fans".  I was a little surprised at Hue's comments regarding how Rex lit up the Bengals defense while posing as Wes Welker on the scout team.  Did they not realize that he had the fastest short shuttle in the entire draft the year he came out?

The kid has great quickness for a guy his size.  He's very durable and has fantastic hands.  I would love to see him more involved in the game plan. 
Reply/Quote
Smile 
Some great news about MLJ. Dude looked extremely fast in and out of his cuts in that vid.

If he carries on what he was doing in 2013 we will be instantly better in the passing game
let alone AJ and Eifert being back with Kroft and Alford as added playmakers for us.

Burkhead is really quick and has great hands. Doubt Wilder makes the team unless he can
outplay Peerman on ST's and be our backup FB.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Some great news about MLJ. Dude looked extremely fast in and out of his cuts in that vid.

If he carries on what he was doing in 2013 we will be instantly better in the passing game
let alone AJ and Eifert being back with Kroft and Alford as added playmakers for us.

Burkhead is really quick and has great hands. Doubt Wilder makes the team unless he can
outplay Peerman on ST's and be our backup FB.
The problem with all those guys is keeping them healthy. 
Reply/Quote
Tiger Nate, I agree, health is #1. TBS, If for some cruel twist of fate, we have injuries again, it just seems like there are way more weapons to step this year...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Things i read i thought interesting

Rex Burkhead splitting time at RB and WR  Hue determined to get him on the field.

Andy Dalton watched 2 of his WRs catch balls while laying on their backs with WR Coach. So he gave it a try too..  (caught all the ones i saw in the video lol)

Jones Looking Good.

Fischer already getting work @ 4 different OL spots.  but mainly RT
Just out of curiosity, why do some people keep spelling Fisher's name with an extra C randomly stuck in the middle? Is there some sort of inside joke I don't know about?
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 06:53 PM)3wt Wrote: The problem with all those guys is keeping them healthy. 
As always brother...
(06-03-2015, 07:20 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger Nate, I agree, health is #1. TBS, If for some cruel twist of fate, we have injuries again, it just seems like there are way more weapons to step this year...

For sure, gotta knock on wood but still, hard to believe we will end up as Mo as our leading WR
without even him or one of these young fellas getting better. As much as i am down on Marv our
HC and AD there was not much to work with in the passing game Offensively last Playoff game.

Need to run the damn ball in these situations with Mr. Hill.
Reply/Quote
McCarron looks healthy - so by comparison's sake he does look good. After all, he couldn't throw at this time last year! Pryor has seen his reps diminish (at least in the one OTA a week we can see) now that the starters are involved, but that makes sense. I haven't seen any "wow" type plays, though.

Marvin Jones told me Rex is one of the team's best athletes, so they like seeing him moved around.

Xeno: Thanks for checking the video!
Joe P: It's not an inside joke - I think most people are used to spelling Fisher, "Fischer"
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
GREAT to hear that MLJ is back. We missed his skills.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 06:48 AM)orangeandblackblood Wrote: GREAT to hear that MLJ is back. We missed his skills.

Indeed. And missing both him and Eifert was doubly worse.
Reply/Quote
Im interested in the Burkhead developments.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 01:48 AM)jowczarski Wrote: McCarron looks healthy - so by comparison's sake he does look good. After all, he couldn't throw at this time last year! Pryor has seen his reps diminish (at least in the one OTA a week we can see) now that the starters are involved, but that makes sense. I haven't seen any "wow" type plays, though.

Marvin Jones told me Rex is one of the team's best athletes, so they like seeing him moved around.

Joe P: It's not an inside joke - I think most people are used to spelling Fisher, "Fischer"

Thanks Jim. I'm looking forward to seeing McCarron in preseason action.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 01:48 AM)jowczarski Wrote: McCarron looks healthy - so by comparison's sake he does look good. After all, he couldn't throw at this time last year! Pryor has seen his reps diminish (at least in the one OTA a week we can see) now that the starters are involved, but that makes sense. I haven't seen any "wow" type plays, though.

Thanks for the inside Jim. It would be nice to have a decent backup QB in case AD
does not improve. I bet he will though, with some of these weapons back.

It kind of surprises me that MLJ, one of our best athletes on the team would say that
about a guy lots have said is slow on the old board. Rex is very quick, always has been
and works as hard as anyone. I think he will make an impact this year wherever they
put him, most likely on ST's or as the 3rd back, or as a Slot receiver. We all saw how
well quickness really helps in the Slot with players like Welker and such.
Reply/Quote
How has Geno Atkins' looked?
Reply/Quote