Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OTA's
While many teams have just cancelled OTA's because the veterans don't want to practice, it seems the Bengals are expecting a large crowd, in part due to Jessie Bates. On board with showing up Reader, Hilton, Bell, Hubbard, and Joe's response was "Hey man, I want to throw"
This is what happens when you fill the locker room with leaders instead of whiners. Let the pessimism begin.....
https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-expecting-a-crowd-at-next-week-s-start-of-otas
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: While many teams have just cancelled OTA's because the veterans don't want to practice, it seems the Bengals are expecting a large crowd,  in part due to Jessie Bates. On board with showing up Reader, Hilton, Bell, Hubbard, and Joe's response was "Hey man, I want to throw"
This is what happens when you fill the locker room with leaders instead of whiners. Let the pessimism begin.....
https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-expecting-a-crowd-at-next-week-s-start-of-otas

It's good. The things people will do to keep a job too. Joe
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: While many teams have just cancelled OTA's because the veterans don't want to practice, it seems the Bengals are expecting a large crowd,  in part due to Jessie Bates. On board with showing up Reader, Hilton, Bell, Hubbard, and Joe's response was "Hey man, I want to throw"

I hope they have the OTA's, but modify some things they do to avoid injury as much as possible. I hope they all show up and are ready to work mentally and physically.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This honestly might be the most exciting and encouraging thing I've seen this off-season. Stuff like this is how winners are made. It reveals the character and desire to win of both players and staff. I was already eagerly awaiting the beginning of the season, but this gets me even more pumped and hopeful for a successful year!
Reply/Quote

ive been waiting to hear something on this.. Im happy our millionaires are showing up to practice. lol

It baffles me how this is unfolding around the league.        
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope they have the OTA's, but modify some things they do to avoid injury as much as possible. I hope they all show up and are ready to work mentally and physically.

Practice harder than you play and then playing is easier.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope they have the OTA's, but modify some things they do to avoid injury as much as possible. I hope they all show up and are ready to work mentally and physically.

They said the emphasis will be installs and working with the position coaches, so I don't see a whole lot of injuries happening there unless it's something freak.
Reply/Quote
It's good they waited to make a decision as the teams that were quick to opt out are now looking around at all the teams that are participating, and are looking like they were played for fools.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

I always look forward to your posts because you just have to take a shot at people every time. Keep positively contributing!
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:33 AM)wcu Wrote: This honestly might be the most exciting and encouraging thing I've seen this off-season. Stuff like this is how winners are made. It reveals the character and desire to win of both players and staff. I was already eagerly awaiting the beginning of the season, but this gets me even more pumped and hopeful for a successful year!

Same, love how eager our young leaders are. Pay Bates BTW.

With the way Joe and our new guys are wanting to come together and make this team GREAT I could see it coming to fruition.

The coaching HAS to get much better, but damn do I like this team, can't deny. Rock On
Reply/Quote
GREAT NEWS, the young guys need to gel and for Joe to get all reps he can while rehabbing the knee!
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
Advantage of having a young team!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 05:51 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I always look forward to your posts because you just have to take a shot at people every time. Keep positively contributing!

Which poster did I take a shot at?
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: While many teams have just cancelled OTA's because the veterans don't want to practice, it seems the Bengals are expecting a large crowd, in part due to Jessie Bates. On board with showing up Reader, Hilton, Bell, Hubbard, and Joe's response was "Hey man, I want to throw"
Great news. Regarding leaders, I’ve noticed a concerted effort in the type of players they’ve drafted and brought in have leadership qualities or backgrounds (team captains) and lately targeting from winning programs (Clemson/LSU).
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2021, 11:23 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Great news.   Regarding leaders, I’ve noticed a concerted effort in the type of players they’ve drafted and brought in have leadership qualities or backgrounds (team captains) and lately targeting from winning programs (Clemson/LSU).

Yep, Taylor said from the start he was going to fill the locker room with leaders and winners, guys who knew what it takes to win at the every level, and that's exactly what he's done.
Reply/Quote
cant practice scared or they will play scared.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, Taylor said from the start he was going to fill the locker room with leaders and winners, guys who knew what it takes to win at the every level, and that's exactly what he's done.

cept the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2021, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, Taylor said from the start he was going to fill the locker room with leaders and winners, guys who knew what it takes to win at the every level, and that's exactly what he's done.

Now that you say that, I do remember him saying that.  It went in one ear and out the other, as I took it - like I do most of those types of interviews - as rhetorical fluff, but it seems pretty obvious in comparison to past regimes.  And I could see how that might take a bit of time to reap rewards from such a maneuver, but this season seems to be a proverbial "crossroads" of a season for them (ie him/Zac). 
Reply/Quote

It was reported the Bengals cut a deal with the players to do 11 on 11 at walkthrough pace to limit injury possibility, which is probably why turnout is expected to be so good. 
Reply/Quote
The Bengals defense definitely needs OTAs and reps together. They have what 5 returning starters and a completely new corner group.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote