Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakland: Concerned?
(09-03-2015, 11:37 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: We can say anything we want but how about we go out west and punch someone in the mouth?

When was the last Bengals team to ever go out and punch someone in the mouth? When Krumrei(sp?) was here?

I would love for that to happen but that is not the way Marvin Lewis coaches.

I wish other teams were afraid of the Bengals. I wish other teams knew they were in for a real knock down drag out fist fight, but that just isn't Marvin Lewis.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
They have a tough schedule so they sure as hell better beat the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
On paper we should win this game. But we don't play on paper. We play on grass.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:14 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: When was the last Bengals team to ever go out and punch someone in the mouth? When Krumrei(sp?) was here?

I wish other teams were afraid of the Bengals. I wish other teams knew they were in for a real knock down drag out fist fight, but that just isn't Marvin Lewis.

2009 vs the bears?

2013 vs the jets?

2014 vs the broncos? defensively at least.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:14 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: When was the last Bengals team to ever go out and punch someone in the mouth? When Krumrei(sp?) was here?

They spanked the Seahawks in Seattle in 2011.  Demolished 2 QBs, and stuffed Lynch repeatedly.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:40 AM)EatonFan Wrote: On paper we should win this game.  But we don't play on paper.  We play on grass.

And the A's infield dirt. Ninja
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Amari Cooper will give our secondary a good scare but we ultimately come out on top.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I am surprised Oakland is ranked so low on everyone's power ranking list. I think they could be potentially scary. I am not ready to call them a playoff team or anything but they could give people a run for their money. They did last year without any firepower. I am undecided on how I feel about us playing in this game, mainly because I could see us walking into this and losing.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis has, what, 5 wins (in 12 games) on opening day games, right?

Yeah, I'm a little worried about Oakland's game. I'm NOT worried about the season, though. I fully expect the Bengals to fight for the division title AND a first round bye.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:42 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I think Amari Cooper will give our secondary a good scare but we ultimately come out on top.

Yeah.  He's gonna torch Dre a time or two.  He burnt Newman for 40 yrds in the preseason.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Don't sleep on Oakland this year they might not be the bottom dwellers we're all used to seeing.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:42 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I think Amari Cooper will give our secondary a good scare but we ultimately come out on top.

That's only if Carr is willing to air it out. Last year he only averaged about 5 yds per attempt..
Reply/Quote
Don't know why so many people are so high on the Raiders.

Last year they only won 3 games.

Their defense ranked dead last in points allowed.

Their offense was actually able to score more points than one other team, but they were still dead last in yards gained.

They may have one or two good players, but overall they are a disaster of a team. A total dumpsterfire.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know why so many people are so high on the Raiders.

Last year they only won 3 games.

Their defense ranked dead last in points allowed.  

Their offense was actually able to score more points than one other team, but they were still dead last in yards gained.

They may have one or two good players, but overall they are a disaster of a team.  A total dumpsterfire.

because people actually think past trends means what the future will be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 04:04 PM)type_stripe Wrote: That's only if Carr is willing to air it out. Last year he only averaged about 5 yds per attempt..

He didn't have a reason to go deep, Amari is that reason. Expect him to take shots deep. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 06:18 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: New here, thanks for having me!

When the average NFL fan of a good NFL team see's a game with Oakland on the schedule, they usually circle that one as the game I might be able to miss for work, family etc. Even as a Bengals fan, I always feel good about playing them.

But like every year, Week 1 provides an air of uncertainty. This year, I believe it is accentuated with young Derek Carr seemingly budding, his new plethora of weapons (Cooper, Crabtree), and the human heat-seeking missile Khalil Mack. History also doesn't seem to favor us in Oakland, although I don't believe that matters too much.

As a Bengals fan, is there reason for genuine concern for this matchup? We definitely have a better roster, and better matchups across the field. But I'm always afraid of that Week 1 upset.

I am not really concerned as i think we will win but i am pretty sure it will be tough with all the
reasons you made. Plus Del Rio is a good coach that should get that Defense much better.

Marv never seems to get us ready as we should in game 1 or after a bye week either.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 03:45 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: because people actually think past trends means what the future will be.

Wink
Reply/Quote
I watched the Rewind of their preseason game with AZ. Carson got alot of pressure and was sacked a few times, but he was also able to move the ball on them. AZ's RBs are not really as good as Hill, and I don't think their OLine is as good as ours, but they still seemed to rush pretty well against them. If Whit and Andre can keep Mack at bay when they line him up as a DE, we should be fine. If Hue dusts off his game plan that he had for Denver last year, we should win this running away. Let's hope it works out that way.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:40 AM)EatonFan Wrote: On paper we should win this game.  But we don't play on paper.  We play on grass.

In Oakland they also play on Baseball dirt.
Reply/Quote
I feel like dre k will give amari fits
Reply/Quote