Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Obama makes the moral case to end pp organ trafficking
http://thefederalist.com/2015/08/05/obama-killing-humans-and-harvesting-their-organs-is-an-atrocity-that-must-end/

Quote:President Barack Obama told a group of young African leaders on Monday that harvesting organs from humans that are killed as part of an African ritual was “craziness” and a “cruel” tradition that needed to stop. He warned of dehumanizing marginal groups of humans and of the problems that arise when “you are not able to see someone else as a human being.”

Quote:“Young people, you can lead the way and set a good example. But it requires some courage because the old thinking, people will push back at you and if you don’t have convictions and courage to be able stand up for what you think is right, then cruelty will perpetuate itself,” he said. He added, “If there’s one thing I want YALI leaders to come out with, it’s the notion of you are strong by taking care of the people who are vulnerable, by looking after the minority, looking after the disabled, looking after the vulnerable. You’re not strong by putting people down you’re strong by lifting them up. That’s the measure of a leader.”
A moral case in your favor if you are pro-life and belief a fetus to be a person.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-06-2015, 08:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: A moral case in your favor if you are pro-life and belief a fetus to be a person.

When is a baby a person then? By your standards
(08-06-2015, 08:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When is a baby a person then? By your standards

I don't have any particular standards on the matter. Citizenship requires birth. Viability occurs around the third trimester. There are a number of other milestones involved there. I'm not a biologist, lawmaker, or a philosopher so I've never attempted to set my own standard.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-06-2015, 08:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When is a baby a person then? By your standards

When it's born, by law.  Why don't you do us the courtesy of answering your own question?
(08-06-2015, 08:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't have any particular standards on the matter. Citizenship requires birth. Viability occurs around the third trimester. There are a number of other milestones involved there. I'm not a biologist, lawmaker, or a philosopher so I've never attempted to set my own standard.

Was just asking you as a man. Nothing else. There was no scheme to throw it back at you in a debate. Was just curious how you felt.
(08-06-2015, 08:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: When it's born, by law.  Why don't you do us the courtesy of answering your own question?

That's my baby at conception. I was the guy who posted the ultrasound photos of my girls on my desk and in my car.
(08-06-2015, 08:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://thefederalist.com/2015/08/05/obama-killing-humans-and-harvesting-their-organs-is-an-atrocity-that-must-end/

These argument are becoming comical.
(08-06-2015, 08:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Was just asking you as a man. Nothing else. There was no scheme to throw it back at you in a debate. Was just curious how you felt.

And I truthfully have no opinion one way or the other. My position on abortion leads me to be pro-choice whether it is a life at conception or birth, which is why I've never really felt the need to have a personal position on when it is a life.

(08-06-2015, 08:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And I truthfully have no opinion one way or the other. My position on abortion leads me to be pro-choice whether it is a life at conception or birth, which is why I've never really felt the need to have a personal position on when it is a life.

Fair enough. I just wanted to make it clear I had no motives behind my question.
Another day, another worthless Planned Parenthood thread from Lucie. Nothing to see here folks.
(08-06-2015, 09:18 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Another day, another worthless Planned Parenthood thread from Lucie. Nothing to see here folks.

That's a exactly what the germans who lived in the town around the concentration camps. They just pretended to be ignorant of what was really going on.... You should watch Night Will Fall

So yeah ... Nothing to see here .
(08-06-2015, 09:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's a exactly what the germans who lived in the town around the concentration camps.    They just pretended to be ignorant of what was really going on....   You should watch Night Will Fall

So yeah ...  Nothing to see here .

There is nothing to see her because nothing Obama said had anything to do with donating fetal tissue or abortion or Planned parenthood.

There is nothing to see here but proof of what comical lengths Anti-abortion advocates will go to twist the truth to try and fit their position.

The only comparison to anything Nazi-like is the way you are trying to use blatant propaganda lies to support your argument. 
(08-06-2015, 09:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's a exactly what the germans who lived in the town around the concentration camps.    They just pretended to be ignorant of what was really going on....   You should watch Night Will Fall

So yeah ...  Nothing to see here .

LOL, planned parenthood now analogous to the Nazi party.

Godwins law ftw.
(08-06-2015, 09:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is nothing to see her because nothing Obama said had anything to do with donating fetal tissue or abortion or Planned parenthood.

There is nothing to see here but proof of what comical lengths Anti-abortion advocates will go to twist the truth to try and fit their position.

The only comparison to anything Nazi-like is the way you are trying to use blatant propaganda lies to support your argument. 

Yeah he lectures Africans on human organ trafficking but then supports is here. The sad part is that it's mostly blacks being killed and traffcked here.

Black lives matter unless it's American black baby lives.
(08-06-2015, 10:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: LOL, planned parenthood now analogous to the Nazi party.

Godwins law ftw.

No that would be eveyone standing by and acting like its no big deal to kill babies of the poor. The Germans who lived near concentration camps dId the same ... And then once they were caught they denied knowledge. Much like the people who are ignoring the deaths today.
(08-07-2015, 02:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah he lectures Africans on human organ trafficking but then supports is here.    The sad part is that it's mostly blacks being killed and traffcked here.    

As far as I know Obama and every other politician in the United States supports organ donation.

And what Obama was opposing in Africa was killing people instead of fetus.
(08-07-2015, 02:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No that would be eveyone standing by and acting like its no big deal to kill babies of the poor.    The Germans who lived near concentration camps dId the same ... And then once they were caught they denied knowledge.     Much like the people who are ignoring the deaths today.

C'mon man.  You can do better than this.

Comparing people having a voluntary medical procedure to murdering people in gas chambers?

And then claiming that people are ignoring it when no one is ignoring it?
I'll say it again. Is there a specific reason we can't consolidate all of lucy's PP threads? Literal spam.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-07-2015, 09:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man.  You can do better than this.

Comparing people having a voluntary medical procedure to murdering people in gas chambers?

And then claiming that people are ignoring it when no one is ignoring it?

Because comparing anything to the Nazi's makes a stronger point...duh :snark: