Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama to transexual "look your in my house, it's not respectful"
(06-25-2015, 01:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I really hope your trolling.   If not that name is ridiculous.    Can we just settle on one name a short name.

Not trolling, and why do you think you only typically see LGBT and sometimes LGBTQ?

Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Trans
Qu**r
Intersex
Questioning
Asexual
Pansexual
Allies
2-Spirit
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-25-2015, 01:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not trolling, and why do you think you only typically see LGBT and sometimes LGBTQ?

Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Trans
Qu**r
Intersex
Questioning
Asexual
Pansexual
Allies
2-Spirit

Question for anyone. What is the PC difference between Qweer and Gay?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-25-2015, 01:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Question for anyone. What is the PC difference between Qweer and Gay?

Qweer is a generic term that means odd by definition.  I remember being a kid and my grandmother singing an old song that went as such:

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy diveyA kiddley divey too, Wooden shoe!"

If the words sound qweer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey,Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy."

So, in my 6 year old mind it meant weird, or odd and my use of the word was not accepted in the 1940's context as I had expected.  Whoops!  Nothing like being accused of using a dirty word and spouting out the excuse "My grandmother taught me it!"
(06-25-2015, 01:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not trolling, and why do you think you only typically see LGBT and sometimes LGBTQ?

Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Trans
Qu**r
Intersex
Questioning
Asexual
Pansexual
Allies
2-Spirit

Pansexual? Come on man. Now your just making up stuff. 2-Spirit.... Is that an Indian thing like a spirit animal?

This is all just over the top. Who is getting paid to make this list?
So we can call them qweer again?  

I find it funny q u e e r is blocked out yet swear words are not on this board .  

I thought we weren't allowed to use q u e e R anymore ... Kinda like using coloured
(06-25-2015, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Qweer is a generic term that means odd by definition.  I remember being a kid and my grandmother singing an old song that went as such:

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy diveyA kiddley divey too, Wooden shoe!"

If the words sound qweer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey,Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy."

So, in my 6 year old mind it meant weird, or odd and my use of the word was not accepted in the 1940's context as I had expected.  Whoops!  Nothing like being accused of using a dirty word and spouting out the excuse "My grandmother taught me it!"
The was also a time Gay had a different meaning:

"Don we now our Gay appareal" probably doesn't mean the same thing it did when the song was written
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-25-2015, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The was also a time Gay had a different meaning:

"Don we now our Gay appareal" probably doesn't mean the same thing it did when the song was written

Depends on how old the song is.  That song is probably from a time when men wore high heels, tights, and wigs SO it may very well have been totally gay, brah.
(06-25-2015, 01:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Question for anyone. What is the PC difference between Qweer and Gay?

(06-25-2015, 02:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So we can call them qweer again?  

I find it funny q u e e r is blocked out yet swear words are not on this board .  

I thought we weren't allowed to use q u e e R anymore ... Kinda like using coloured

There are those that identify as qu**r. Not going to lie, this is one area where my more rural sensibilities come out in comparison to my wife, but I just see those that identify as such trying to have a label for not having a label...
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-25-2015, 02:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Pansexual?   Come on man.   Now your just making up stuff.    2-Spirit....   Is that an Indian thing like a spirit animal?  

This is all just over the top.   Who is getting paid to make this list?

Pansexuality

Two-Spirit

(06-25-2015, 02:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There are those that identify as qu**r. Not going to lie, this is one area where my more rural sensibilities come out in comparison to my wife, but I just see those that identify as such trying to have a label for not having a label...

True,  I have to say I can't understand or identify all the intricacies and labels involved.  Then again, I don't understand chemistry but I'm not all like:  "-ate, -ite, -ide?  What's the deal with all these goofy labels!  Cut it out!"
(06-25-2015, 02:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There are those that identify as qu**r. Not going to lie, this is one area where my more rural sensibilities come out in comparison to my wife, but I just see those that identify as such trying to have a label for not having a label...

Then you have to add in the Tumblr labels...
(06-25-2015, 02:14 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Then you have to add in the Tumblr labels...

Do you HAVE to?  I mean, are the liberals going to make everyone take a test on all these terms, or something?
(06-25-2015, 02:14 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Then you have to add in the Tumblr labels...

Oh dear God, no. Tumblr, the land of labels and trigger warnings for everything.

(06-25-2015, 02:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you HAVE to?  I mean, are the liberals going to make everyone take a test on all these terms, or something?

yes, every freshman in college will be forced to take it. 

(06-25-2015, 02:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh dear God, no. Tumblr, the land of labels and trigger warnings for everything.

This post has triggered 2/3rds of Tumblr and they haven't seen it yet
(06-25-2015, 01:26 AM)Benton Wrote: So... once?

Mellow
Making a joke that transsexuals make that decision once in their life.
(06-25-2015, 02:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Wouldn't more be twice?
You being your witty self, joking that many people make that "change". 
(06-25-2015, 03:35 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Is there a transgender person getting a sex change more than once?

The quote function got ****** up here but whatever, I don't feel like fixing it. But this was me understanding that Benton meant that a person only goes through that once in their life.
(06-25-2015, 09:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Go back and read the orginal question, then reread your question and tell me does your question still make sense.

Hint: What is MORE than once?
So I did and yes it does.  If I'm wrong, I'd like to know where the miscommunication was?

Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Trans
Qu**r
Intersex
Questioning
Asexual
Pansexual
Allies
2-Spirit

I generally call them by their first name if I know them. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-25-2015, 02:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So we can call them qweer again? 

Well, they "took back" ownership of qweer, so I think you can use it.

However, you'd have to be careful as I believe qweer only applies to a subset of the LGBTQXYZ123ROYGBIV....If you call a lesbian qweer, you're probably offending them.
(06-25-2015, 02:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Pansexuality

Two-Spirit

So Pansexual is banging anything and everyone. And 2 spirit is an Indian who cross dresses?

Seems like someone is getting paid to come up with new words
(06-25-2015, 05:27 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, they "took back" ownership of qweer, so I think you can use it.

However, you'd have to be careful as I believe qweer only applies to a subset of the LGBTQXYZ123ROYGBIV....If you call a lesbian qweer, you're probably offending them.

It's just ridiculous. Seems we need a new vocabulary list every couple months of wprlds we can't say.
(06-25-2015, 05:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's just ridiculous.   Seems we need a new vocabulary list every couple months of wprlds we can't say.

It doesn't really bother me because I rarely, if ever, used any of these words or hear anyone else do so.  So what's comical is these groups make a big deal about the words as if they're even remotely commonly used, while ignoring pretty much the only people that use these words aren't going to stop because these groups say they're offensive.

To me it kind of boils down to a bunch of 60's activists born 20-30 years too late.