Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observation from Bengals vs. Ravens game
(11-18-2018, 07:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All elite players get double teamed though. You don’t think Aaron Donald doesn’t? I’m sick of that excuse. And I’m a massive Geno fan.

I agree either he should still make plays or at least Dunlap should win one on one or someone else on the D-line.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All elite players get double teamed though. You don’t think Aaron Donald doesn’t? I’m sick of that excuse. And I’m a massive Geno fan.

Donald has 34 solo tackles. Atkins has 29.

Geno has 16 Tackle Assists. Donald has 11.

There's not much difference in those stats.

Atkins has 6 sacks. Donald has 12.5. That's the huge difference, but in the run playing part...it's not different.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:43 PM)mon4078 Wrote: This team has a lot of needs
1 Must get O-line help
2 need at least 2 linebackers
3 Need a big D tackle that can draw double teams and stuff the run
4 It is time to start looking at the QB spot (I have been a fan of Daltons but might be time for a change)
5 And probably the most important need all new coaches

What has happen to Dunlap this year he has disappeared?

(11-18-2018, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So has Geno. Hasn’t had a sack since early October. Enough with the excuses you’re getting paid elite money you need to produce.

The defense has played a ridiculous number of snaps this season, especially over the last quarter.  Everyone's legs are worn down, and it shows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Donald has 34 solo tackles. Atkins has 29.

Geno has 16 Tackle Assists. Donald has 11.

There's not much difference in those stats.

Atkins has 6 sacks. Donald has 12.5. That's the huge difference, but in the run playing part...it's not different.

That’s for damn sure. We could have a couple more wins if Geno had those numbers right now.

I’m just so frustrated with our dline. We all knew our Oline was going to be bad, same with the LBers, the dline was supposed to be the strength of the team.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What game can't you say that about this year? We constantly get beat at the line of scrimmage. Constantly!

Yup, We lost this game up front and that's been the norm the last 3 years pretty much especially on O.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s for damn sure. We could have a couple more wins if Geno had those numbers right now.

I’m just so frustrated with our dline. We all knew our Oline was going to be bad, same with the LBers, the dline was supposed to be the strength of the team.

It literally looked like we'd have a dominant D-Line.

One of the issues is that our LB's are so bad that the QB finds an open TE or RB to throw to before we get a sack, but the D-Line has underperformed too.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It literally looked like we'd have a dominant D-Line.

One of the issues is that our LB's are so bad that the QB finds an open TE or RB to throw to before we get a sack, but the D-Line has underperformed too.

Guys I’ve never hear of are putting up 100+ yds on us on the ground every week. The run d has been atrocious. And that’s not just on the LBers.

Reply/Quote
It appears we judge 'progress' as only giving up 400 yards to a rookie QB and Ross getting 2 catches.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
ML was so busy with the Defense he hardly had time to clap. I am sure that costs us at least 10 points
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:54 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: ML was so busy with the Defense he hardly had time to clap. I am sure that costs us at least 10 points

Probably why fat ass missed his FG. Not enough encouragement. It’s like Bengals kindergarten.

Reply/Quote
I liked when Billings slammed Yanda
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our kicker lost the game by missing the 51 yard field goal. Double whammy, they got the ball at 41.

Overall is was a great effort by AD, Core and all WR's need to be receivers first, then special teams. No excuse our WR's other than AJ and Boyd are this bad.

But we already knew for a fact that Randy is a complete tossup when trying 50+ yard kicks.

This is just a statistical fact.

7/14 in his career from 50+.

If you're relying on Bullock to hit a 50+ field goal in order to win, then you've already lost.

He's still reliable inside 50, which is nice. That's why we kept him. But games like this are why it was so frustrating when we kept him over Jake Elliot. Because we were basically admitting that we had no interest in attempting 50 yard field goals.

Not that Elliot is having a particularly stellar season either, but it's just the mentality there that bothered people.
Reply/Quote
Was Hue on the sidelines or in the booth?

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was Hue on the sidelines or in the booth?

Sideline. He had white crusty stuff in the corners of his mouth. It was disgusting.

*no I’m not joking

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 10:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sideline. He had white crusty stuff in the corners of his mouth. It was disgusting.

*no I’m not joking

Well at least we know how he got the job. Unfortunately today's game was followed by me online except for part of the 2nd half. 

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The defense has played a ridiculous number of snaps this season, especially over the last quarter.  Everyone's legs are worn down, and it shows.

Not only from number of snaps, but we are missing several from the rotation from injuries, meaning everyone has to play more snaps...
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:24 PM)lone bengal Wrote: 1. Lazor‘s play calling is very concerning how many times did we run it on 2nd and 10 today for no yards ?
2. Every week we waste timeouts. Joe Mixon was uncovered in the red zone and we called a timeout. At the end of the game Dalton had no clue the play clock was at zero.
3. Numbers wise the defense improved but it’s kind of sad we knew Jackosn was goning to run the ball and we still couldn’t stop him. Lost to a QB who had 150 yards passing and one int which is sad.
4. Need to cut bait with Burfict next year guy is a shell of himself can’t stay on the field due to either suspensions or health.
5. Auden Tate can’t be worse than Cody Core right ? Had one catch on the first drive and never seen from again.

Running on 2nd and 10 is not a bad thought at all if the O-line can block....
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We probably still have the worst offensive line in the NFL.

They may not be giving up as many sacks as last year, but that's because they're getting the ball out quicker...not because of better blocking. And the run blocking is HORRIBLE.

Mixon never got to the line before being hit. It’s hard to fathom.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I listened to the game driving from Tennessee to Ohio but this is what Im.certain of.
Bill Lazor personal groupings and lack of imagination is hurting the offense

1. bad decision on not going for it on 4th and 8 under 4 minutes.
Bullock has made how many pressure kicks on the road over 50 yds?
as a result great field position for Ravens
if you dont convert 1st down starting position for Ravens is at the 30 something

2. Cody Core should never see the field.
your really gonna include him in a do or die package?
Tate would have caught it on 4th down

3. John Ross needs to lineup everywhere he can to keep the defense guessing
XYZ...... direct snap...bubble screens...jet sweep looks.

4.Matt Lengl...6'7 frame. use him please.

5..FREAKING JEFF DRISKEL RAN A SMOKING 21 MPH LAST WEEK ON A RUN.
BEST AMONG QBS THIS YR...
HOW BILL YOU STUPID BLOCKHEAD. LET DRISKEL EXECUTE SOME READ OPTIONS
LOOK ACROSS THE FREAKING FIELD AT THE QB FOR THE RAVENS.

6. uptempo works. trust me.

7. if you pull your OGs they can help kick out out LB awaiting in the hole.
helps the running game.

8. Andy Dalton can execute a pump fake. Ravens CB are aggressive and will bite.

9.Gio Bernard is weapon. dont put him inpredictable downs distance.
defenses will key on him.

10. olineman are allowed to double at the point of attack..just a reminder
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Mixon never got to the line before being hit. It’s hard to fathom.

Yes - The line is that bad.

Honestly, overall the line could be worse than last year. That's hard to fathom too. Dalton has to get the ball off in 2 seconds because it's so bad.

But, it's worst at run blocking. Maybe the worst run blocking line in the league.
Reply/Quote