Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observation from Bengals vs. Ravens game
(11-19-2018, 12:06 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I listened to the game driving from Tennessee to Ohio but this is what Im.certain of.
Bill Lazor personal groupings and lack of imagination is hurting the offense

1. bad decision on not going for it on 4th and 8 under 4 minutes.
Bullock has made how many pressure kicks on the road over 50 yds?
as a result great field position for Ravens
if you dont convert 1st down starting position for Ravens is at the 30 something

2. Cody Core should never see the field.
your really gonna include him in a do or die package?
Tate would have caught it on 4th down

3. John Ross needs to lineup everywhere he can to keep the defense guessing
XYZ...... direct snap...bubble screens...jet sweep looks.

4.Matt Lengl...6'7 frame. use him please.

5..FREAKING JEFF DRISKEL RAN A SMOKING 21 MPH LAST WEEK ON A RUN.
BEST AMONG QBS THIS YR...
HOW BILL YOU STUPID BLOCKHEAD. LET DRISKEL EXECUTE SOME READ OPTIONS
LOOK ACROSS THE FREAKING FIELD AT THE QB FOR THE RAVENS.

6. uptempo works. trust me.

7. if you pull your OGs they can help kick out out LB awaiting in the hole.
helps the running game.

8. Andy Dalton can execute a pump fake. Ravens CB are aggressive and will bite.

9.Gio Bernard is weapon. dont put him inpredictable downs distance.
defenses will key on him.

10. olineman are allowed to double at the point of attack..just a reminder

Lazor was mediocre in Miami and he's mediocre here too. We have 2 Top 10 to 15 WR's in the league. Many OC's would have a high scoring offense from that.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - The line is that bad.

Honestly, overall the line could be worse than last year. That's hard to fathom too. Dalton has to get the ball off in 2 seconds because it's so bad.

But, it's worst at run blocking. Maybe the worst run blocking line in the league.

No it’s not. Not even close.

Mixon is averaging 4.6 Yds per carry this year. Last year it was 3.5. That’s a huge difference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lazor was mediocre in Miami and he's mediocre here too. We have 2 Top 10 to 15 WR's in the league. Many OC's would have a high scoring offense from that.

I guess we disagree. No Eifert, No Green, No Malone, No OL, No Running game = one of the least talented offenses in the NFL IMHO.

The Lazor offense scored 21 points today severely limited with talent against a top 3 defense in the NFL.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess we disagree. No Eifert, No Green, No Malone, No OL, No Running game = one of the least talented offenses in the NFL IMHO.

The Lazor offense scored 21 points today severely limited with talent against a top 3 defense in the NFL.

The defense helped them with an int to setup a short field, and stopped Bal on a 4th down to give us good field position. And Malone has never been a factor so that’s not much of an excuse.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No it’s not. Not even close.

Mixon is averaging 4.6 Yds per carry this year. Last year it was 3.5. That’s a huge difference.

Mixon makes a lot of yards off of cutbacks. I was at the Saints game and there were no holes for where the play is designed to go and he makes an insane cutback to get yards.

His yards aren't due to good blocking.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 09:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I liked when Billings slammed Yanda

Looked like Billings was going to get the sack that Hubbard got. Had Jackson escaped Hubbard, Billings was right there. Unfortunately, Billings wasn't anywhere stopping the run plays. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The defense helped them with an int to setup a short field, and stopped Bal on a 4th down to give us good field position. And Malone has never been a factor so that’s not much of an excuse.

Nor has Eifert. He's a guy that's missed over half of his games in his career. When you sign him, you gotta expect he'll miss time.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mixon makes a lot of yards off of cutbacks. I was at the Saints game and there were no holes for where the play is designed to go and he makes an insane cutback to get yards.

His yards aren't due to good blocking.

The line is miles better than last year. The running game is better, and they’re keeping Dalton cleaner. They’re not good by any means, but far better than when we were trotting Ced, Bodine, and Fisher out there.

Reply/Quote