Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oddsmakers give Lazor the best chance to be the head coach
(01-05-2019, 08:32 PM)Benton Wrote: I'd disagree. This job is super appealing.

You're out of the super large media hot seats (Dallas, NY, etc), you have the leagues most patient owner, you have only moderate fan goals (win a freaking playoff game and do better than .500 in prinetine) and you've got several quality pieces in each side, including a servible qb.

I wonder how we'd feel if our new HC actually stated in a press conference that he took this job because there is no pressure because the owner and fans have low expectations.  I would get a bitter laugh out of the honest press conferences and post-game banter, that's for sure.

"I didn't come here to win.  No one comes to Cincinnati to win."

"This year was disappointing, but I know I'll be here for at least a decade."

"We won 7 games, to Bengals fans that's like fans of a real team winning 12 or so games."

"Why are you even interviewing me when you know ESPN is only going to print stuff about the Patriots and Cowboys?"

"Sure, it would be nice to have a real GM and a real practice facility, but it would also be nice to have a wife who wasn't so old and ugly...amirite guys?!"

"This team hasn't won a playoff game in like 30 years...all I have to do is beat a 6 seed and then get blown out by a real team and they'll make a statue of me."

"I'd love to look at the tape of the last game, but unless it was filmed on reel-to-reel I won't be able to watch it at our facility."

"Is Dalton a good QB?  Who cares, let's talk about the Jets or something."

"The NFL is rigged against me."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bill Lazor is hilarious.

He was fired by the Dolphins for being an awful OC

Then, as the OC of the Bengals he lead the 2017 Bengals to the worst offense in all of football (32/32)

Now this year in 2018, 26th/32, so bottom 1/5th of the league in offense again

He has never shown an ability as a coach/coordinator to be even average, at any of the roles he has had.

And, our poor fans are doing what they always do...and already talking themselves into him being a fine choice as HC - 'Because he is not Marvin'

Wake up
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 04:02 PM)Trademark Wrote:
And if the first 3 on the list or Vance gets the job I’m finding a new team

That would be completely idiotic, Lazor wasn't even a good OC this year, what would make someone think he could be a good HC.
Reply/Quote
Hehe...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hehe...

Oh.  Okay.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hehe...

You’re the man!

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:58 PM)McC Wrote: Oh.  Okay.

Sorry, Friday excitement got the best out of me.

(01-11-2019, 04:58 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You’re the man!

Not at all lol.

I was right about Hue and Lazor, but Hue is still out there...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 04:36 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Seems extremely premature to have odds-on favorites at this stage when they haven't finished interviewing yet.

Its going to be Zac Taylor and I truly believe he will make us a winner.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:09 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Its going to be Zac Taylor and I truly believe he will make us a winner.

I like the sound of that.  I believe it too. 

Hey, call the family and confirm, if you're still in touch.  The suspense is killing us all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry, Friday excitement got the best out of me.

Not at all lol.

I was right about Hue and Lazor, but Hue is still out there...

Yeah, the oddsmakers are ********, thought so myself...

They need to give Hue some shit before they let him go for ditching us for the Stains.
Reply/Quote
except lazor just got shown the door lol

hue met with bengals brass today so that little gem should be dropping soon....
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: except lazor just got shown the door lol

hue met with bengals brass today so that little gem should be dropping soon....

The odds makers lost some money.

Reply/Quote