Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oddsmakers give Lazor the best chance to be the head coach
(01-05-2019, 04:02 PM)Trademark Wrote:
And if the first 3 on the list or Vance gets the job I’m finding a new team

Agreed. No one currently associated with this franchise should be HC.......Ever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't want him as our HC either, but I can see why he might be under consideration.  He was the only one with a voice big enough to sit Paul Alexander down, and assume control of a desperate situation.  Likely was a major contributor on the "Alexander must go" movement, and has been waiting patiently for some new stock at OL to give his offensive plans a fighting chance.

Everything wrong with the offense this year wasn't all Bill Lazor's fault, anymore than Andy or AJ going down for the season was their own fault.  The offense of the Bengals didn't fall off the earth, until the defense did as well.

Like I've said, I'm not hoping for Lazor to get the job of HC;  I just don't have any ill feelings toward the guy.  More things that went wrong this season were out of his control, than the number of things that he could have done better, himself.

You know, the more I think about it, I wouldn't be opposed to lazor. I mean, I remember being excited that the guy had worked with some outstanding coaches (Gibbs, holmgrem, etc). And I can't really fault him for the crap show by the defense, not having an ol, etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't want him as our HC either, but I can see why he might be under consideration.  He was the only one with a voice big enough to sit Paul Alexander down, and assume control of a desperate situation.  Likely was a major contributor on the "Alexander must go" movement, and has been waiting patiently for some new stock at OL to give his offensive plans a fighting chance.

Everything wrong with the offense this year wasn't all Bill Lazor's fault, anymore than Andy or AJ going down for the season was their own fault.  The offense of the Bengals didn't fall off the earth, until the defense did as well.

Like I've said, I'm not hoping for Lazor to get the job of HC;  I just don't have any ill feelings toward the guy.  More things that went wrong this season were out of his control, than the number of things that he could have done better, himself.

That's fair

And I understand he's had his hands full with the horrible Oline and then the injuries started piling up. Having said that I still haven't been impressed with how he's handled the diversity. Ignoring Mixon for large parts of games and not getting him more involved in the passing game. I think he did Ross no favors, when Driskel came in he did him none. Tried to make him a pocket passer.

I don't think he's a horrible OC I just don't think he's anything special.
Reply/Quote
Funny, they don;t have my favorite listed Todd Monken from TB.. I think we hire him but i can see ways we end up going inhouse. For example maybe we off Eric the job but he takes another job , and maybe our 2nd choice Taylor and chooses somewhere else, I can totally see us going internal as our 3rd choice instead of totally reaching out of organization in our 3rd choose.

No team can assume when they offer a job that the coach is going to take it.. with 8 openings no doubt some teams are not going to get their first maybe their second choice
Reply/Quote
You people really believe this crap?

Thought that betting site gave the best odds to Hue, then Vance, then outside guys and Lazor was second last?

You guys need to be more optimistic.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 05:04 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Most of those would be a big F you to the majority of the fans. At least the ones I know.

And that's different since Mike Brown took over how?   Ninja
Reply/Quote
How do you like this list:
10 Vance Joseph
9. Jim Caldwell
8. George Edwards
7. John DeFilippo
6.Shane waldron
5. Hue
4. Pete Carmicheal
3.Dan Campbell
2.Matt Campbell
1.Eric Bienienemy
Either way this job is not very appealing.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 07:34 PM)firstand10 Wrote: How do you like this list:
10 Vance Joseph
9. Jim Caldwell
8. George Edwards
7. John DeFilippo
6.Shane waldron
5. Hue
4. Pete Carmicheal
3.Dan Campbell
2.Matt Campbell
1.Eric Bienienemy
Either way this job is not very appealing.

I'd disagree. This job is super appealing.

You're out of the super large media hot seats (Dallas, NY, etc), you have the leagues most patient owner, you have only moderate fan goals (win a freaking playoff game and do better than .500 in prinetine) and you've got several quality pieces in each side, including a servible qb.
Reply/Quote
Not this year but next year I’d be for drafting Dalton’s replacement i just don’t think this draft class has much to offer at the QB position
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 05:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say a lot of figuring those odds is purely off of Mike Browns reputation. It seems to me with all these interviews stretched out like this they're at least pondering the idea of going in a new direction.

Let's hope anyways

I agree. Since when has Ebenezer loaded up anyone and flown to the West Coast for an interview? Stopping over in KC for another? Get out of town. Even Mike knows his decision is under an electron microscope back in Cincy. I truly feel he's shoving his chips in on this one. If one of those 3 isn't the head man, it's because they turned him down.

These odds are based on history....imo

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 02:04 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Not this year but next year I’d be for drafting Dalton’s replacement i just don’t think this draft class has much to offer at the QB position

I agree....damn, I'd like a shot at Trevor Lawrence.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think there's literally zero chance that Lazor is the next HC. I worry about Hue or Simmons getting the job, but not Lazor. Not. One. Bit.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 04:17 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: You would think these "Odds Makers" know what they're doing but it appears like they really don't.

I guess with everything in the NFL, the fans are left out of the equation. Mike Brown knows that pretty much every fan of the Bengals will jump ship if Lazor, Jackson or Simmons is made head coach. I know the Bengals get a lot of money through Revenue Sharing but there is a lot of money made off tickets sold and concessions as well plus the fact no owner wants an empty stadium showing on tv.

These odds makers aren't very good at their jobs if you ask me.

Very true.  These "Odds Makers" don't know the current state of the fan base.  Mike may not know football but I'm sure his eyes and ears still work.  Hiring an insider is completely off the table this go around, even MB knows that!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 11:00 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Very true.  These "Odds Makers" don't know the current state of the fan base.  Mike may not know football but I'm sure his eyes and ears still work.  Hiring an insider is completely off the table this go around, even MB knows that!

Perhaps they are completely aware of the current state of the fan base, and they also realize that the Bengals Management team operates without concern to the climate of the fan base?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 05:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say a lot of figuring those odds is purely off of Mike Browns reputation. It seems to me with all these interviews stretched out like this they're at least pondering the idea of going in a new direction.

Let's hope anyways

...or they're trying to give the appearance of an exhaustive search before they inevitably unveil Huge Action.

(01-05-2019, 06:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Honestly, yeah. He may make a great coach, but I know very little about him. All that I've read has been positive but the truth is hes got about six years real experience and that's all as positions coaches, with one year as a coordinator. I think he's a hot name right now, but I haven't really seen why.

I'm not saying I want The Chin or anything. I'm fine e with hiring a guy who has never been a hc or even a coordinator. Just one with more notable success.

Fair enough. He's a young guy. Very little experience as a coordinator. Hasn't done much outside of LA. It's far from a home run.

Tbh, the candidates this year just don't seem as enticing as years past, I'll say that.

(01-05-2019, 07:04 PM)Benton Wrote: You know, the more I think about it, I wouldn't be opposed to lazor. I mean, I remember being excited that the guy had worked with some outstanding coaches (Gibbs, holmgrem, etc). And I can't really fault him for the crap show by the defense, not having an ol, etc.

I threw out Lazor's name back when people hardly knew the guy, but I've since soured on him. He hasn't done much to impress me as OC here, and he doesn't seem to have that alpha dog mentality I like to see in a HC. He's more of a quiet, reserved nice guy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 12:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I threw out Lazor's name back when people hardly knew the guy, but I've since soured on him. He hasn't done much to impress me as OC here, and he doesn't seem to have that alpha dog mentality I like to see in a HC. He's more of a quiet, reserved nice guy.

I don't know, Shake.  I seem to remember most of the board members being overjoyed to learn that Lazor was Alpha enough to apparently have told Paul Alexander to sit down and shut up..

Like I've said in other posts and threads, I'm in no way endorsing Lazor as the HC candidate the Bengals should select, but I don't think that it would be the end of the world if they did pick him.  For all we know, he might have a great team strategy, along with the connections to pull in some awesome coordinators.  As Bengal fans, we always love the new guy, until we discover some flaws about them.  But, in my opinion, the only HC that will be successful with the Bengals, is the one that the management feels comfortable enough with to allow him to run his ship the way he wants to.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You guys taking these odds serious?

Even though they list Boomer?

They don't have a clue who will be next HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 12:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...or they're trying to give the appearance of an exhaustive search before they inevitably unveil Huge Action.

I threw out Lazor's name back when people hardly knew the guy, but I've since soured on him. He hasn't done much to impress me as OC here, and he doesn't seem to have that alpha dog mentality I like to see in a HC. He's more of a quiet, reserved nice guy.

Probably a bad example, but I guess I thought back to hue. When he was named hc of the raiders and people got upset, I thought they were crazy as I didn't think he'd be good at it (too laid back). But the more I thought about it, the more I thought 'well, who knows.'

Im looking at lazor the same way. Any guy, until they have a shot, we don't really know.

Of course, now we know about hue and some of the other names floated and I'd prefer we stay away from most on this list.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 12:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, Shake.  I seem to remember most of the board members being overjoyed to learn that Lazor was Alpha enough to apparently have told Paul Alexander to sit down and shut up..

Like I've said in other posts and threads, I'm in no way endorsing Lazor as the HC candidate the Bengals should select, but I don't think that it would be the end of the world if they did pick him.  For all we know, he might have a great team strategy, along with the connections to pull in some awesome coordinators.  As Bengal fans, we always love the new guy, until we discover some flaws about them.  But, in my opinion, the only HC that will be successful with the Bengals, is the one that the management feels comfortable enough with to allow him to run his ship the way he wants to.

Fair point. Maybe he's different privately. I just don't get that vibe off of him. The 2 guys that preceded him were a bit more vocal and stern, publicly.

Fwiw, I will always be thankful to Lazor for the role he played in shedding that anchor.

(01-06-2019, 01:20 PM)Benton Wrote: Probably a bad example, but I guess I thought back to hue. When he was named hc of the raiders and people got upset, I thought they were crazy as I didn't think he'd be good at it (too laid back). But the more I thought about it, the more I thought 'well, who knows.'

Im looking at lazor the same way. Any guy, until they have a shot, we don't really know.

Of course, now we know about hue and some of the other names floated and I'd prefer we stay away from most on this list.

Truest statement I've read all day. You can get a "feeling" off of some of these coaches, but none of us know how it will really turn out. 

I just know that I want someone as far from Marvin as possible after 16 years. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Remember through all this there is more than just the interviewing of these candidates, there is the realization they may not say es, which brings the chances that we go within to a reality.

I can see denial from a few outside choices and us settling with someone within because we don't get who we offer first.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote