Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Of those left, who do you want in the second round?
(04-28-2023, 11:38 AM)Bengalion Wrote: This. We can get a RB later. I bet it's going to be a DB. Draft defense and pay offense, that's our motto frow now on.

Yeah you hit the motto head on.  BPA at a priority position is shaping up to be CB.  A lot of the guys left can either help defend a TE or swap with CTB so he can.  Brents or Ringo make sense but I'm open to any corner. 

OT is possible but they really need to get on the phone with the Jets or someone and get a deal done for Jonah even for a 4th before they turn in that card.
Reply/Quote
Jets will prob snatch Dawand Jones if we're being honest

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

*If the Bengals want to get a wide receiver in place to develop in order to prepare for Tyler Boyd's possible departure after this season then Jonathan Mingo could be a round 2 option.

Jonathan Mingo  6 foot 2   220 pounds 4.46 forty

Tyler Boyd  6 foot 1 and 1/2  200 pounds 4.58 forty

** I think that there is a good chance that Tight End Sam Laporta will be available when the Bengals pick in round 2. He should do well as a Bengal if chosen.

*** The Bengals have been Drafting Safeties and Corners with Speed in the 4.3's lately, so a Corner like Darius Rush (4.36 forty) may be a possibility. Success with Cam Taylor Britt in round 2 last year may have the Bengals confident in evaluating another Round 2 Corner this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:47 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

*If the Bengals want to get a wide receiver in place to develop in order to prepare for Tyler Boyd's possible departure after this season then Jonathan Mingo could be a round 2 option.

Jonathan Mingo  6 foot 2   220 pounds 4.46 forty

Tyler Boyd  6 foot 1 and 1/2  200 pounds 4.58 forty

** I think that there is a good chance that Tight End Sam Laporta will be available when the Bengals pick in round 2. He should do well as a Bengal if chosen.

*** The Bengals have been Drafting Safeties and Corners with Speed in the 4.3's lately, so a Corner like Darius Rush (4.36 forty) may be a possibility. Success with Cam Taylor Britt in round 2 last year may have the Bengals confident in evaluating another Round 2 Corner this year.

Love Mingo
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:11 PM)phil413 Wrote: ...OT is possible but they really need to get on the phone with the Jets or someone and get a deal done for Jonah even for a 4th before they turn in that card.

I would like to see Jonah traded.  I dont think we need him and he is gone after this year anyhow.  Collins appears to be making good progress and Carman has just as good a chance to win the RT job as Jonah so just go ahead and trade him.  Save the 12.6 million in cap space and get a draft pick so we can draft someone that will help the team this year.

I think the biggest problem though is no team is going to trade for Jonah with 1 year left on his contract.  Jonah would need to agree in principle to any contract with a team before a trade could happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would like to see Jonah traded.  I dont think we need him and he is gone after this year anyhow.  Collins appears to be making good progress and Carman has just as good a chance to win the RT job as Jonah so just go ahead and trade him.  Save the 12.6 million in cap space and get a draft pick so we can draft someone that will help the team this year.

I think the biggest problem though is no team is going to trade for Jonah with 1 year left on his contract.  Jonah would need to agree in principle to any contract with a team before a trade could happen.

I love you

Reply/Quote
CB,TE,S OT,RB,WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

Don't reach and take the BPA that is a need and that is a fit.

Maybe trade Jonah and pick 60 to move up in the 2nd round if there is a guy just too good to pass up on.

Jonah and Collins are going to drain a lot of money from the cap and that money can be used to sign the "big Three".

I hope the Bengals can move Jonah, he wants out. Go with a cheaper draft pick like Mauch or Jones. Mauch can play OT also.

Tonight should prove interesting and we get to se AJ Green announce our 2nd pick! Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
I would like a DT and CB in the next 2 rounds if any quality DTs or CBs are still available at that point. I would then look at OT or TE in round 4 and maybe a RB in round 5. Round 6 go after a punter if Turk or Baringer is there. Not sure Korsak is a good fit in the NFL with his style.
Reply/Quote
It would be totally crazy, and I doubt he's there...but wouldn't it be something if we took Levis to be Burrows backup?

Too many other needs to do it though.
Reply/Quote
I wanted them to get Jonah AND Mixon moved. Looks like neither is happening. So absent new contracts these two are eating up 25 million in cap space and not giving even reasonable return on it.

As to Round 2, Bengals in the past have been more inclined towards RB and TE in 2 but who knows what the war room is thinking. I lean a bit towards Charbonnet at this point mainly because I am not thrilled with another season of Mixon missing obvious holes and having no breakaway ability. But I could also see us looking for more DL.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I love you

Wow..You ARE easy .. Just post something you agree with and romance is in the air!  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 11:58 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spears had a bad ACL tear, but it was like 3 years ago. The injury is over now, hope he drops to the 3rd and we grab him.

I doubt he will last any further than that though.

I'd be ecstatic if we got him at 3
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:36 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wow..You ARE easy .. Just post something you agree with and romance is in the air!  Cool

Im a sucker for people saying current LC and Jackson Carman are better tackles than Jonah Williams. I love it because it's so truthful. So honest. So passionate

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It would be totally crazy, and I doubt he's there...but wouldn't it be something if we took Levis to be Burrows backup?

Too many other needs to do it though.

Yeah it would be something alright...something stupid.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:16 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: CB,TE,S OT,RB,WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

Maybe trade Jonah and pick 60 to move up in the 2nd round if there is a guy just too good to pass up on.

Jonah and Collins are going to drain a lot of money from the cap and that money can be used to sign the "big Three".

I hope the Bengals can move Jonah, he wants out. Go with a cheaper draft pick like Mauch or Jones. Mauch can play OT also.

Tonight should prove interesting and we get to se AJ Green announce our 2nd pick! Who Dey.

Don't forget about DT with Reader and Tupou's contracts up after this year. The Jonah trade would probably have to happen
today for it to happen. Sure would be great to get another 3rd round pick for him. If a player doesn't want to be here we don't
need him, simple as that. Let alone the fact he doesn't fit a power Gap scheme which we will be running more of with the Orlando
Brown and Cody Ford additions.

Dawand Jones, Bergeron, Mauch, McClendon, Tippman, Avila all fit this scheme if we want to add to the OL.

CB, TE and RB I think will be what we concentrate on the next 3 rounds though. DJ Turner, Darnell Washington and Tyjae Spears 
would be ideal IMO.

(04-28-2023, 01:18 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would like a DT and CB in the next 2 rounds if any quality DTs or CBs are still available at that point.   I would then look at OT or TE in round 4 and maybe a RB in round 5.  Round 6 go after a punter if Turk or Baringer is there.  Not sure Korsak is a good fit in the NFL with his style.

Doubt Keeanu Benton makes it to 60 but would love to get him if we go DT next.

(04-28-2023, 01:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: I wanted them to get Jonah AND Mixon moved. Looks like neither is happening. So absent new contracts these two are eating up 25 million in cap space and not giving even reasonable return on it.

As to Round 2, Bengals in the past have been more inclined towards RB and TE in 2 but who knows what the war room is thinking. I lean a bit towards Charbonnet at this point mainly because I am not thrilled with another season of Mixon missing obvious holes and having no breakaway ability. But I could also see us looking for more DL.

Figured we would trade Jonah and cut Mixon after we add a couple RB's, both scenarios could still happen. Also would be happy 
with Charbonnet today and he doesn't have the injury history Spears has.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:16 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: CB,TE,S OT,RB,WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

Love this idea.  Pick up OL/ TE/ CB - whoever is best higher in the round.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im a sucker for people saying current LC and Jackson Carman are better tackles than Jonah Williams. I love it because it's so truthful. So honest. So passionate

Williams was never great at LT.  I dont know moving him to RT is going to help.  Caman would probably do as well as Jonah at RT so why would we hold on to Jonah and his 12.6 million salary?  Collins seems to be doing well from the reports.  I just dont see the need to keep Jonah when he wants to be traded, when he is taking up 12.6 million in cap space, when we could benefit by trading him and getting a draft pick and when we have have other options at RT.  Get rid of him and draft someone that could help the team for several years.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im a sucker for people saying current LC and Jackson Carman are better tackles than Jonah Williams. I love it because it's so truthful. So honest. So passionate

Yer just a sucker. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:50 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Caman would probably do as well as Jonah at RT 

yea no he probably wouldnt

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure who I want but since Mayer and Washington potentially get drafted in the early second then perhaps someone like LaPorta drops to our spot in round 2.

If Zac and Lou want to invest in the defense I'll trust who they take.
Reply/Quote