Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Of those left, who do you want in the second round?
(04-28-2023, 01:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im a sucker for people saying current LC and Jackson Carman are better tackles than Jonah Williams. I love it because it's so truthful. So honest. So passionate

To be fair Carman played Two games and 1 quarter to finish last year and there are a couple highlights of him driving people and being a mauler... I can't think of to many Jonah Williams blocks like that in the last two years lol. Good positional run blocker knows where he is supposed to be but that finish Carman has just isnt there for him.

Not saying that makes Carman better but it does make him an intriguing candidate for RT. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:56 PM)Synric Wrote: To be fair Carman played Two games and 1 quarter to finish last year and there are a couple highlights of him driving people and being a mauler... I can't think of to many Jonah Williams blocks like that in the last two years lol. Good positional run blocker knows where he is supposed to be but that finish Carman has just isnt there for him.

Not saying that makes Carman better but it does make him an intriguing candidate for RT. 

At least Carman doesn't get pushed around and he wants to be here. I will take that over an OT that gets pushed around and wants to 
be traded. We will see if being on the right side is still a problem for Carman, if it is oh well, we can go back to calling him Charmin lol

It is true, that at times Carman just drives DL back with his strength and it is impressive. You don't see this from the other guy who 
wants outta here.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:56 PM)Synric Wrote: To be fair Carman played Two games and 1 quarter to finish last year and there are a couple highlights of him driving people and being a mauler... I can't think of to many Jonah Williams blocks like that in the last two years lol. Good positional run blocker knows where he is supposed to be but that finish Carman has just isnt there for him.

as long as you're not saying that, because there's not enough evidence for people to say otherwise. except weirdos.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
We need a TE. Hurst was huge last season. Our offense is weaker than our Defense, ironically.
Reply/Quote
Probably one of the CBs Turner, Phillips, Brents, etc.

C/G Schmitz, Tippman

DL Ika would be Reader’s heir apparent.

TE Washington or LaPorta

DB Branch, Battle, Johnson

Maybe OT Bergeron or Warren
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im a sucker for people saying current LC and Jackson Carman are better tackles than Jonah Williams. I love it because it's so truthful. So honest. So passionate

I am for keeping Jonah for the 2023 season barring a solid Trade offer.

He should come in Highly Motivated to prove any naysayers wrong and to get the best Contract possible after 2023.

NFL seasons are long (17 games plus Playoffs) so having Jonah in 2023 will very likely be a plus.

A healthy O-line come Playoff time is something the Bengals have been missing, so I would lean towards keeping Jonah.

Jonah needs a solid 2023 season for his own Professional and Financial well being. 

He should be very motivated to earn a starting role and play at the highest level he can, so keeping this competitive spirit for others to compete against for starting time should prove valuable.
Reply/Quote
Names I don’t know. RB and CB would be great. Probably in reverse order.
Reply/Quote
I think at 60 they will pick BPA 75% and 25% position need. It’ll be a TE,CB, or RB.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 02:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: as long as you're not saying that, because there's not enough evidence for people to say otherwise. except weirdos.

You’re hilarious. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 02:16 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We need a TE. Hurst was huge last season. Our offense is weaker than our Defense, ironically.

Hurst's production is easily replacable through Irv Smith Jr. Hurst was fine, but was nothing special. 

Why do Bengals fans over value tight end so much? There are like two elite tight ends in the entire league that can wreck games. Every other tight end is just fine. 

Spending a first round pick on a tight end who won't be featured heavily in this offense and who has like a 1% chance of being "elite" just blows my mind. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 02:16 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We need a TE. Hurst was huge last season. Our offense is weaker than our Defense, ironically.

Still want Darnell Washington bad, he would help our OL and would be a nice dump off option that is hard as heck to take down.

With his size he would be a matchup nightmare in the red zone as well. Goes up for the ball extremely well with giant hands.

(04-28-2023, 02:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Probably one of the CBs Turner, Phillips, Brents, etc.

C/G Schmitz, Tippman

DL Ika would be Reader’s heir apparent.

TE Washington or LaPorta

DB Branch, Battle, Johnson

Maybe OT Bergeron or Warren

I keep forgetting about Ika, yes, would be all for him if Benton isn't there. Schmitz would also be a nice IOL to add.

Have always liked Tippman. I think LaPorta goes right after Mayer in the 2nd today.

(04-28-2023, 02:55 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Names I don’t know. RB and CB would be great. Probably in reverse order.

Charbonnet, Spears, Achane, Bigsby for RB.

DJ Turner, Brents, Clark Phillips, Darius Rush, Eli Ricks, Jakorian Bennett for CB would be great picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still want Darnell Washington bad, he would help our OL and would be a nice dump off option that is hard as heck to take down.

With his size he would be a matchup nightmare in the red zone as well. Goes up for the ball extremely well with giant hands.

I keep forgetting about Ika, yes, would be all for him if Benton isn't there. Schmitz would also be a nice IOL to add.

Have always liked Tippman. I think LaPorta goes right after Mayer in the 2nd today.

Charbonnet, Spears, Achane, Bigsby for RB.

DJ Turner, Brents, Clark Phillips, Darius Rush, Eli Ricks, Jakorian Bennett for CB would be great picks.

I think Washington’s blocking ability would compliment the OT’s potential struggles with speed rushers and still be able to run the short to intermediate routes and be red zone threat.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 03:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hurst's production is easily replacable through Irv Smith Jr. Hurst was fine, but was nothing special. 

Why do Bengals fans over value tight end so much? There are like two elite tight ends in the entire league that can wreck games. Every other tight end is just fine. 

Spending a first round pick on a tight end who won't be featured heavily in this offense and who has like a 1% chance of being "elite" just blows my mind. 

Bengals fans value tight end a hell of a lot more than the Bengals front office.

And that's a good thing IMO
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 03:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why do Bengals fans over value tight end so much? There are like two elite tight ends in the entire league that can wreck games. Every other tight end is just fine. 

fans like the flashy offensive players who put up receiving yards and rushing yards

Reply/Quote
LaPorta, charbonet, cam smith, Darius rush, tucker kraft, Musgrave, roschon Johnson, benton, dewand, msuch. Lots of good value day 2
Reply/Quote
RD2: JULIUS BRENTS/DJ TURNER (CB)

RD3: DEVON ACHANE/RB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 03:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hurst's production is easily replacable through Irv Smith Jr. Hurst was fine, but was nothing special. 

Seeing the impact of TEs like Kelce, Andrews, Kittle, Waller, Ertz, Schultz, and now Freiermuth does make me envious of the Bengals lacking in that position. How many times have Bengals fans lamented the difficulty of defending against them or watched teams wrack up first downs by throwing to the TE. Yeah, I'm one of those who really wants a good TE. I wanted Freiermuth last year and am hoping for a good TE in this draft class.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 04:31 PM)Nepa Wrote: Seeing the impact of TEs like Kelce, Andrews, Kittle, Waller, Ertz, Schultz, and now Freiermuth does make me envious of the Bengals lacking in that position. How many times have Bengals fans lamented the difficulty of defending against them or watched teams wrack up first downs by throwing to the TE. Yeah, I'm one of those who really wants a good TE. I wanted Freiermuth last year and am hoping for a good TE in this draft class.

the running game being complete ass for the last 2 years is the biggest issue. Tight ends are an after thought in this current offense

Reply/Quote
Most of the guys I really want will likely be gone, but maybe 1 or 2 falls:

A. Fine Fifteen/Thrilled
TE: Mayer, Washington, LaPorta, Kraft
CB: Porter, Brents, C. Smith
OT: D. Jones, Bergeron, Mauch
DT: Benton
WR: Hyatt, Ringo
OG: Torrence, Avila

B. Happy
TE: Musgrave
CB: Turner, Stevenson
OC: Schmitz, Tippman

C. OK, my guys are gone
DT: Adebewore
NT: Ika
CB: Ringo
RB: Charbonnet, Achane
WR: Downs, Tillman, Scott

I might go deeper at CB, but still a tad high for Miss, Rush, Trice, Bennett, or Williams. I think 1 of my top 20 will be there.
Reply/Quote
Ideally I would like to see:

Darnell Washington
Joe Tippmann
DJ Turner
Julius Brents
Kelee Ringo
Tucker Kraft
Riley Moss
Drew Sanders
Dawand Jones

I wouldn't be broken up with Tyjae Spears as I think he is the next best RB in the draft but I feel it is a bit high for him.
Reply/Quote