Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off to a 1-5 Start -- But Don't Panic
(09-25-2016, 05:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Miami stinks.

You keep on thinking that. They have beaten us the last two times they have played us with guys saying "they stink" both times! Then you folks wanna piss and moan cause we got handled.

The team that stinks thus far is our's, the Bengals.

Letting Zim leave Cincy was one of MB's greatest ownership blunders and that's saying a lot considering the subject matter.

The Bengals are not a good football team right now.

Btw, Pitt is getting smoked by the EAGLES!!! That speaks volumes.

It was good to see a run game today. That is about the only positive that I can take from this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlR0a8CMU3I

Much more impressive than any of Wentz's throws.

Its ok Truck, no need to be so defensive by pulling up a clip of a 5th year QB that is nothing like the play I was talking about from a 3rd game qb. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We'll likely be 2-4 with a chance at 3-3.

But then our schedule gets a little lighter. The Browns, the Redskins, the Giants should be at least 2 wins, followed by Buffalo and Baltimore, who should get us at least 1 more run. Then, the Eagles, Browns, Steelers, Texans and Ravens. If we can get 3 wins of that bunch, that'll put us at 8-8.

Which is what we're probably looking at this year. We may be able to get to 9-7 or 10-6 and sneak into the playoffs.

Of course, this could all change if Eifert and Burfict come back this week and really cover up the weaknesses in our units. It's entirely possible, especially since they fill the biggest hole each unit has. Especially Eifert, as our two TEs right now are just not good enough to consistently get open and then catch the ball.

I'm hoping for 10-6 at this point. I think it's achievable and could get us into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Miami stinks.

It's Primetime so we will lose
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:51 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Its ok Truck, no need to be so defensive by pulling up a clip of a 5th year QB that is nothing like the play I was talking about from a 3rd game qb. 

Me defensive? O_o

I'm just saying that anything Wentz can do, Andy can, whether he's thrown to passes or 50; who cares? We've got someone that good, so we're good.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
We won't be 1-5 this team has a lot of character that won't let that happen. This team has been through far worse.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Just finished watching Wentz and the Eagles thrash the Steelers.

Yeah. I'm worried.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We'll likely be 2-4 with a chance at 3-3.

But then our schedule gets a little lighter. The Browns, the Redskins, the Giants should be at least 2 wins, followed by Buffalo and Baltimore, who should get us at least 1 more run. Then, the Eagles, Browns, Steelers, Texans and Ravens. If we can get 3 wins of that bunch, that'll put us at 8-8.

Which is what we're probably looking at this year. We may be able to get to 9-7 or 10-6 and sneak into the playoffs.

Of course, this could all change if Eifert and Burfict come back this week and really cover up the weaknesses in our units. It's entirely possible, especially since they fill the biggest hole each unit has. Especially Eifert, as our two TEs right now are just not good enough to consistently get open and then catch the ball.

I'm hoping for 10-6 at this point. I think it's achievable and could get us into the playoffs.

I was with you until you said that.  Has Eifert changed positions to Center?  Has Vontaze changed his position to FS?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You guys suck at doom and gloom.

The Bengals will finish 1-15 and will go 2-14 next year.

That's how you do it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:37 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You keep on thinking that. They have beaten us the last two times they have played us with guys saying "they stink" both times! Then you folks wanna piss and moan cause we got handled.

Letting Zim leave Cincy was one of MB's greatest ownership blunders and that's saying a lot considering the subject matter.

It was good to see a run game today. That is about the only positive that I can take from this game.
I think they've lost 4 in a row to Miami. All Bengals players and fans fear the dark too.

If the sky is falling, then get it right. We are doomed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was with you until you said that.  Has Eifert changed positions to Center?  Has Vontaze changed his position to FS?

I think our biggest weakness on offense is a red zone threat. You saw it today when we had to settle for a field goal inside the 20 and then, when we needed a touchdown late in the game, we turned it over on downs because we couldn't do anything with the ball once we reached the red zone.

And on defense, we are missing a play maker. We never get a timely interception or a timely 3rd down stop. Our defenses doesn't have many major weaknesses. It's the clutch level of play to get off the field when the offense is lacking that is the major weakness.

At least in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:01 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: That would be 4-2 Numnuts

I'm saying that's the best we'll do. 4-2 is not gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:53 PM)jason Wrote: I think they've lost 4 in a row to Miami. All Bengals players and fans fear the dark too.

Translation: We're on to Miami.
[Image: 0ap3000000403749_video_cp.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I just got home and watched the DVR of the game today.....wow oh wow!!

1) I can't believe this board isn't blowing up over the REFS today?!?!?!?! WTF...we went from last week the refs not calling anything, and this week they literally marched Denver down the field like 3 drives!!! *NEWSFLASH* The NFL does not want Cincinnati in the playoffs this year and they are going to use the refs to make that happen!!

2) The offensive line is trash....for Marvin Screwus and company to run Bodine out there every week is sheer negligence!!

3) The secondary is awful.... corner's been playing 10-15 yards off the ball for years and they got exposed today!! Jones was once good, but that ship has sailed!! He easily cost a 17 point swing today by himself!!

4) Welcome Back 2013/2014 Andy.....I knew 2015 was an anomaly!! Do you all not forget the whole fan base divided in half because of this guy. Then last year he came in and blew all that up by starting 8-0 and playing lights out. Weeeellllll he's back If you remember back to those earlier years you would always see those "deer in the headlights" look from Andy and now the "look" is back.(Grant it, the offensive line sucks balls!!)

5) The playcalling and gameplan is atrocious!! This is all BAD COACHING, which by the way, would explain why our "all pro" defensive line look like straight up scrubs!!! No motivation and No direction

I always knew this game was a pick em' and figured it would be close, but this team has some serious flaws exposed through the first few weeks that better be addressed or we won't have to worry about being embarrassed in the first round of the playoffs again!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:53 PM)jason Wrote: I think they've lost 4 in a row to Miami. All Bengals players and fans fear the dark too.

The team's record is what I thought it would be through the first three games.

The secondary has to play better and the road isn't getting any easier for a bit.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 11:22 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The team's record is what I thought it would be through the first three games.

The secondary has to play better and the road isn't getting any easier for a bit.
I didn't really have a number thru 3 games, but I assumed 2-2 was a worst case scenario in the first four weeks. I still feel the calvary is still on the way. I expect the defense as a whole to look way better with Burfict's return... Again, they have played some quality teams to start the season. They lost to the Super Bowl champs, and the Steelers. It happens. If they lose Thursday, I'll start to worry.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals play the way they're capable of playing, they'll win all three of those. They're as good or better on paper. That often hasn't mattered though.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 11:22 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The team's record is what I thought it would be through the first three games.

Not sure I understand that. If they can beat the Jets in NY, they certainly could have beaten the next two opponents. They haven't played anywhere near as well the last two weeks as they did that first game.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 10:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Translation: We're on to Miami.
[Image: 0ap3000000403749_video_cp.jpg]
Yup. I wish I was tech savvy enough to post a Howard Dean gif saying...

" ... and then we're gonna go to Dallas, and we're gonna win there. Then it's on to Foxboro, and Cincinnati, and London, and New York again, then Baltimore, and Cleveland... Heeeeeee Yaaah!!!!".

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:37 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You keep on thinking that. They have beaten us the last two times they have played us with guys saying "they stink" both times! Then you folks wanna piss and moan cause we got handled.

Agree,

In a nutshell this team will never be a true winner under MB and ML. No discipline, no accountability,  players kept around because they're a pet project. cough Bodine cough

How many games you think Bodine would center for the Patriots ? There is no tomorrow in the NFL, you can't bring a center along for 4 years for crying out loud !

Hill's effort is about the only good thing today
Reply/Quote