Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Game Strategy vs. Buffalo
(12-30-2022, 10:13 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think your favorite head coach has a great game plan.

I'm a Zac guy now....
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 02:53 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm a Zac guy now....

No way…
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 12:13 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Since we have no defense strat thread, I will post this here.

Sam Hubbard said they are going to rotate to lower snap counts on some injured guys now and rotate more in the future. I love to hear this I remember our defensive line wearing teams down thru the first three quarters and going off in 4th because o-lines get winded. This will help develop the depth and help keep our starters stay healthy. With our longer extended season because of playoff games this should help a great deal since the playoffs should be something we go thru each and every year.

Rock on Bong. Love what Sam said here, a good rotation on the DL could be what gets this team to the promised land. As much
as it sucked seeing DJ, Trey and now Sam go down, we got to see Tufele, Ossai, Sample play well.

(12-31-2022, 09:52 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Uhm.... I'd rather not waste the first half trying to do something that we are not the best at... It can work both ways, use run to open pass, OR use pass to open run.  We are better at passing, so that's the way we should play. Pass to open Run.

Depends on if we are running the Gap scheme or the stupid Wide Zone honestly. Completely agree on doing what works of course.

Just cannot be one dimensional in this game on Offense and not try and run the ball against a team that doesn't tackle well.

(12-31-2022, 10:02 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Paper stats...
Not saying they aren't good against the pass, but turnovers will make the biggest difference and TOP. Taking care of those two should lead to a close win.
Sometimes the best Defense is Offense. Keep Josh off the field and lower their chances of winning.

Seeing the weaknesses of the Bills against the deep ball and in the passing game in general and how good Burrow is passing the
ball it might be a good idea to pass the ball a lot more than I initially thought. Paper stats say Burrow and our Offense match up 
extremely well with this Bills Defense. Still don't want to see us just abandon the run game though that got us on our 7 game win
streak.

(12-31-2022, 10:07 AM)M.W. Wrote: Absolutely - We should at least pretend we want balance and run enough to keep the defense honest.  Especially if we have the lead.  If it isn't working, throw it.  Running 3 times and netting 10 yards IS WORKING. We do not need to throw 50 times to win.  Mix the run in and force the defense to respect the run.  That will slow the pass rush and OPEN better pass situations as well.

One dimensional football is not a good plan.

Spot on M.W.  Cool

(12-31-2022, 12:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bengals gotta deploy the same offensive strategy they used against KC.

Perine had 21 carries for over 5 ypc against KC. If Mixon isn’t getting the job done on the ground, they NEED to give Perine the ball.

Samaje was mad at himself after that showing in New England. He fell down a couple times doing his Mixon impression with 
phantom hands on his shoelaces. Expecting a good game from Samaje as long as we use him, Mixon actually has been running
better than Samaje lately and has been decent in pass protection. Give the back that is doing well the most snaps is all we ask.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 04:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Samaje was mad at himself after that showing in New England. He fell down a couple times doing his Mixon impression with 
phantom hands on his shoelaces. Expecting a good game from Samaje as long as we use him, Mixon actually has been running
better than Samaje lately and has been decent in pass protection. Give the back that is doing well the most snaps is all we ask.

Idk if I’d say Mixon has been outperforming Perine as of late

I think it was the Tampa game where Mixon averaged 1.9ypc

Perine averaged 3.4 that game
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 03:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No way…

He's been very good this year... Changed toe offensive scheme when struggling and ripped off 7 straight. What's not to like? Proved me wrong..
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 10:38 PM)Tony Wrote: He's been very good this year... Changed toe offensive scheme when struggling and ripped off 7 straight. What's not to like? Proved me wrong..

That’s great. Who Dey?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 10:21 AM)Garrus Wrote: We are a passing team, so that is what we are going to do. Cleveland was horrible against the run as well, but we still threw way more against them than we ran. We also are terrible at running the ball, so no guarantee it would work all that well. I'd put my trust in Joes arm to win.

Are run game is not close to something we can not rely on.  I would like more Perine.  He runs hard. We still struggle on short yardage.  So throw the ball and count on the receiving corp.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 10:38 PM)Tony Wrote: He's been very good this year... Changed toe offensive scheme when struggling and ripped off 7 straight. What's not to like? Proved me wrong..

Vrabel, McVay, Belichick, and Tomlin all battling to get to .500 . It’s not easy.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 11:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That’s great. Who Dey?

WHO FN DEY!
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 07:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, didn't know White was banged up but damn near everybody is a bit this time of year. I think Ja'Marr Chase is pissed about
his wrong route and fumble in the Patriots game that resulted in 2 turnovers. He might be the guy to watch out for in this game more
than Tee honestly. Chase is the type when he does something poorly he makes up for it big time the next time he plays.

He is recovering from his 2021 ACL tear and has tons of rust, he was holding Tyreek Hill bad 2 weeks ago and didn't get caught. 2021 Tre might have been able to keep up with Chase but not 2022 Tre. I expect a mismatch and pray they don't do much 1-on-1.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 12:33 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Vrabel, McVay, Belichick, and Tomlin all battling to get to .500 . It’s not easy.

Meh, give any of those teams Burrow and give ZT his choice of Tannehill, Baker Mayfield, Trubisky/Pickett, and Mac Jones and I suspect things turn on a dime.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote