Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line
Just want to say they showed up today. They actually had opening for Hill to Run, gave Andy time to set and be able to make good decisions. So maybe there is hope. I was never crazy about Winston but he is an asset for sure. Who Dey! Bengal Fans!! ThumbsUp We are going to be rolling now I feel, with some help from some teams this year is still ours.
Reply/Quote
They were better today for sure, but how much of that is down to the opponent is anyone's guess. Some of the same issues persisted, #70 is just gunna have to be benched until he picks the game up as he's a total liability on every play currently.

But I don't wanna be a downer about a game where generally the OL had a much better day of it. I just hope they will build every week.
Reply/Quote
Andy still got more pressure than he did on average last year. I watch the ball so I have no clue where the pressure was coming from.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 10:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Andy still got more pressure than he did on average last year.  I watch the ball so I have no clue where the pressure was coming from.

He did however we had some nice blocks for some big running yards, I hope this continues.  
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 10:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Andy still got more pressure than he did on average last year.  I watch the ball so I have no clue where the pressure was coming from.

Something worth noting...Dalton has been having success during plays with pressure/blitz.

Here's his snap count distribution from yesterday's game against the Browns.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-10-23-at-6.27.01-PM.png]

Also worth noting from the same link with above chart is that Zeitler, Whitworth, and Bodine were three of the top five PFF offensive grades for the Bengals against the Browns yesterday.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cle-cin-grades/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Overall Andy had a very good game but one sack was on him holding the ball way too long.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Overall Andy had a very good game but one sack was on him holding the ball way too long.

Yeah I saw that one.....looked like he was in a state of disbelief that he had that long to throw. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Without looking into it too much, Cleveland is the 31st ranked defense. I'm going to guess that's got something to do with the improved play.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 05:02 PM)Benton Wrote: Without looking into it too much, Cleveland is the 31st ranked defense. I'm going to guess that's got something to do with the improved play.

I think it will give confidence to the entire team!  For at least 3-5 minutes of the next game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 05:09 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I think it will give confidence to the entire team!  For at least 3-5 minutes of the next game. 
Outside of a couple guys, confidence should not be an issue. If you've been a part of one of the league's best lines for years, you shouldn't need a puff game.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 05:41 PM)Benton Wrote: Outside of a couple guys, confidence should not be an issue. If you've been a part of one of the league's best lines for years, you shouldn't need a puff game.

You'd like to think not right? I always thought they oversold our O-Line, always banging on about what a top 10/top 5 unit it was, and I just didn't see that personally. But they are way way worse this year, it just doesn't make any sense. They're surely better than what we're seeing on a weekly basis. 
Reply/Quote
Who was in at center?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 09:54 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Who was in at center?

Bodine and he had another solid game. As a matter of fact solid games for Bodine has become the norm.

I think the fact that Bodine was thrust into a starting lineup surrounded by talented Oline caused folks to form an opinion of Bodine that cannot be altered; regardless how much he improves.

Dude is not the reincarnation of Mike Webster, but he has become a solid and durable anchor to our oline and he is only in his 3rd year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 04:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah I saw that one.....looked like he was in a state of disbelief that he had that long to throw. LMAO

Haha, did, didn't it.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 12:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bodine and he had another solid game. As a matter of fact solid games for Bodine has become the norm.

I think the fact that Bodine was thrust into a starting lineup surrounded by talented Oline caused folks to form an opinion of Bodine that cannot be altered; regardless how much he improves.

Dude is not the reincarnation of Mike Webster, but he has become a solid and durable anchor to our oline and he is only in his 3rd year.

Yeah, he has played well the last couple of games. Still remember the Phins game where Suh just pushed him backwards
like 8 yards. These type of plays hurt him, but like you said, he has had some solid games lately. The last two especially.

Great news. Og and Zeitler have been the weak links. Thinking we should keep Winston out there and use Og on special
plays to get his confidence back. The line has played better with Winston at RT.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 06:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he has played well the last couple of games. Still remember the Phins game where Suh just pushed him backwards
like 8 yards. These type of plays hurt him, but like you said, he has had some solid games lately. The last two especially.

Great news. Og and Zeitler have been the weak links. Thinking we should keep Winston out there and use Og on special
plays to get his confidence back. The line has played better with Winston at RT.
Can't argue with this plan. Og needs to study film of GOOD RTs with a coach to speed up his learning process. It's in slo-mo right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 11:37 PM)Derrick Wrote: Can't argue with this plan. Og needs to study film of GOOD RTs with a coach to speed up his learning process. It's in slo-mo right now.

I think it is the way to go. Hopefully the coaches agree but i am not holding my breath.
Reply/Quote
OP gives prop to the o line and board blows up and says it because of Cleveland. Un freeking believable.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:19 PM)Fresno B Wrote: OP gives prop to the o line and board blows up and says it because of Cleveland. Un freeking believable.

So......how would you grade them against any team they've faced thus far that isn't the 31st ranked defense?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:19 PM)Fresno B Wrote: OP gives prop to the o line and board blows up and says it because of Cleveland. Un freeking believable.

It happens around here man just shake it off, and  Hilarious cause I really enjoyed the game, and how are guys Man Handled, that is right Man Handled them Brownies.  
Reply/Quote