Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line 2024- Does It Need Fixing?
(01-13-2024, 08:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously?   Runyan had multiple games in which his pass block grade was below 30.  Cappa had a down year for him but still had 5 games with a pass block score over 80.  Cutting Cappa makes no sense, Runyan is a terrible run blocker and his overall PFF score is 10 points lower than Cappa.  

Runyan would be an upgrade in pass blocking over Volson, but again Volson is the better run blocker and even he has a better PFF score than Runyan. 

Yes Casear, I did read that post earlier in the thread and I didn't understand what J24 was talking about. Same with Shake on the 2nd page.

Crazy talk from J24 out of nowhere. WTF?

Cappa is our best OL and our interior is not nearly as bad as our Tackles. We need a RT other than Jonah who has upside. I actually liked what I 
saw of Fant tonight with the Texans who should be a FA. I also like Eluemunor as well in FA and we can draft a RT for the future. But having an OL
coach that can develop youth is essential. As others have said the college game has ruined OL lately and same with the rules.

OL should be able to train much more in the Offseason then they are allowed, this needs changed.
Reply/Quote
These Lions have a pretty good RT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: These Lions have a pretty good RT

Sewell has proven some doubters wrong, is in top tier of RTs... Lions are set for a while at RT
Reply/Quote
Their TE isn’t too bad either.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, Sewell and LaPorta are damn good players. Still love having Chase and Murphy/DJ Turner though.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Sewell and LaPorta are damn good players. Still love having Chase and Murphy/DJ Turner though.

I was watching that game thinking "what if" and picturing them in stripes but I agree and I love having those three.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 04:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was watching that game thinking "what if" and picturing them in stripes but I agree and I love having those three.

Yeah, not crying over having one of the best young WR's in the league and the up and coming talent of Murphy and Turner.

I wanted LaPorta before the Draft but I don't know if he would of been used as much with us to have THIS good of a rookie season.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why you guys are so excited about Tuner. He looked awful for much of the season. Not saying he’s a bust or anything. Playing CB as a rookie is tough. But I saw enough to give me concerns.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 11:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their TE isn’t too bad either.

Their C is pretty solid as well.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I love Karras, but I think he would be best used as a guard. Build this line from the inside out instead. Draft the best center and roll with it.

LT. Brown Jr
LG. Karras
C. Draft pick
RG. Cappa
RT. Williams/Draft pick
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 05:33 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I love Karras, but I think he would be best used as a guard. Build this line from the inside out instead. Draft the best center and roll with it.

LT. Brown Jr
LG. Karras
C. Draft pick
RG. Cappa
RT. Williams/Draft pick

I agree but I'd rather not put Burrow's first line of defense in the trust of a rookie, especially in this division.

Maybe we can get Jason Kelce on a one-year deal so he could win a ship (or two) here and ride off into the sunset.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 07:10 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Not really.

Right now, we don't have:
1) A starting WR2 or WR3.
2) A starting NT.
3) A starting RT
4) A starting TE.
5) Much of a pass rush outside of Hendrickson.

Those are the main things we need to solve in FA/Draft.

The inexperienced secondary play that led to all the big plays, at least arguably, has an in house solution. Battle was great & you hope Hill/Battle improve.

Still, I'd rate CB/safety help above getting another OL starter. Brown was fine and much better late, he had an injury midseason that hampered him a bit. Karras and Cappa were both good enough to win SBs (as was Brown). Volson played a ton better as the year progressed.

Upgrading the depth would be welcome, but aside from Jonah's replacement, the OL is not a super high priority.

1) WR (need at least 2).
2) NT/DT (need at least 2).
3) RT: needs starter
4) TE: need starter.
5) CB/S (need 2).
6) Get someone who can help push the pocket/pass rush.
7) Upgrade punter.

Great post :

Right now, we don't have:
1) A starting WR2 or WR3.
Higgins and Jones or Isovias
2) A starting NT. Reader will be re-signed and play early in the season
3) A starting RT Drafted in first round
4) A starting TE. Drafted in second round and will keep Hudson and Sample
5) Much of a pass rush outside of Hendrickson. Free Agency

I think they draft a RB or TE in 2/3 .I’ve heard they don’t want to deal with that position every year. So I think they go BPA here between RB/TE in RD 2/3. After that BPA
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 05:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure why you guys are so excited about Tuner. He looked awful for much of the season. Not saying he’s a bust or anything. Playing CB as a rookie is tough. But I saw enough to give me concerns.

I suppose it's fun to get excited about his speed.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 05:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure why you guys are so excited about Tuner. He looked awful for much of the season. Not saying he’s a bust or anything. Playing CB as a rookie is tough. But I saw enough to give me concerns.

Leon Hall was awful as a rookie as well. DJ Turner has elite speed along with fluid hips, the things you just cannot teach a Corner.

That is why I am excited about him, he will get better, much better and I liked his willingness to tackle at times and you cannot question 
his effort. Turner is a little small which is probably his biggest weakness along with catching up with the speed of the NFL mentally.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Leon Hall was awful as a rookie as well. DJ Turner has elite speed along with fluid hips, the things you just cannot teach a Corner.

That is why I am excited about him, he will get better, much better and I liked his willingness to tackle at times and you cannot question 
his effort. Turner is a little small which is probably his biggest weakness along with catching up with the speed of the NFL mentally.

Leon Hall as a rookie - 5 INT’s & 12 PD

DJ Turner - 0 INT’s & 7 PD

I usually love your optimism Nate, but like I said, I have my concerns about Turner (and Dax). Makes me a little nervous to just pencil him in as a starter next season.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Leon Hall as a rookie - 5 INT’s & 12 PD

DJ Turner - 0 INT’s & 7 PD

I usually love your optimism Nate, but like I said, I have my concerns about Turner (and Dax). Makes me a little nervous to just pencil him in as a starter next season.

I have to agree with you which is why a CB is well in play at pick 1 in the draft. McKinstry or Wiggins could be a Bengal if a QB run happens or they drop a few slots.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I have to agree with you which is why a CB is well in play at pick 1 in the draft. McKinstry or Wiggins could be a Bengal if a QB run happens or they drop a few slots.

Definitely shouldn’t be off the table.

I’d say all of the following could be in play:

RT, DT, TE, WR, CB

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely shouldn’t be off the table.

I’d say all of the following could be in play:

RT, DT, TE, WR, CB

Those are the positions that make most sense. Now watch, they draft a LB.  
Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I have to agree with you which is why a CB is well in play at pick 1 in the draft. McKinstry or Wiggins could be a Bengal if a QB run happens or they drop a few slots.
Just take the kid from Iowa and put him in the weakest spot
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just take the kid from Iowa and put him in the weakest spot

DeJean? I never saw him play. 
Reply/Quote