Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line 2024- Does It Need Fixing?
(01-15-2024, 05:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure why you guys are so excited about Tuner. He looked awful for much of the season. Not saying he’s a bust or anything. Playing CB as a rookie is tough. But I saw enough to give me concerns.

I liked what I seen from DJ Turner's rookie year. It wasn't perfect but I didn't see him get out muscled often (second Steelers game vs Pickens once that I recall) and he tackled better than I expected year one which were question marks when he was drafted. His length is still a concern which showed up at the catch point.

All in all the young secondary needs to continue to grow but if the defensive front can't stop the run or rush the passer coverage is going to be ugly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:27 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: DeJean? I never saw him play. 

He's not "shutdown" but he can play everywhere but NT. Think Minkah Fitzpatrick
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's not "shutdown" but he can play everywhere but NT. Think Minkah Fitzpatrick

Nice, sounds like a solid player. Pick 18 is a wait and see slot. Trenches, Bowers, or CB will be a worthwhile pick. I get why they might go WR but hope they don't. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nice, sounds like a solid player. Pick 18 is a wait and see slot. Trenches, Bowers, or CB will be a worthwhile pick. I get why they might go WR but hope they don't. 

WR is probably the least likely unless someone drops in their lap. I’m sure they’ll tag Tee and kick the can down the road one more year.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WR is probably the least likely unless someone drops in their lap. I’m sure they’ll tag Tee and kick the can down the road one more year.

Agreed that Tee gets tagged. If not, Keon Coleman, WR FSU here we come.
Reply/Quote
Gorgeous TD to Kinkaid in the Bills/Steelers game. Please get Burrow a TE.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 11:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their TE isn’t too bad either.

Looks like we missed "The year of the TE"

Musgrave
LaPorta
Kincaid

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like we missed "The year of the TE"

Musgrave
LaPorta
Kincaid

2023 was a weird draft. More Tight Ends went round 2 than Wide Receivers and Offensive Tackles together.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Leon Hall as a rookie - 5 INT’s & 12 PD

DJ Turner - 0 INT’s & 7 PD

I usually love your optimism Nate, but like I said, I have my concerns about Turner (and Dax). Makes me a little nervous to just pencil him in as a starter next season.

Thanks for the numbers Nicomo, they definitely favor Leon a bunch but he got beat a ton as well as a rookie, gave up a lot of TD's.

I think DJ will improve big time, we will see.

(01-15-2024, 06:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I have to agree with you which is why a CB is well in play at pick 1 in the draft. McKinstry or Wiggins could be a Bengal if a QB run happens or they drop a few slots.

Not against it. Never a bad idea to shore up the Secondary in the Draft. Saves a lot of money for other positions if the Corner works out.

I just think DJ Turner will be fine.

(01-15-2024, 06:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely shouldn’t be off the table.

I’d say all of the following could be in play:

RT, DT, TE, WR, CB

Agree. ThumbsUp

(01-15-2024, 06:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just take the kid from Iowa and put him in the weakest spot

(01-15-2024, 06:27 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: DeJean? I never saw him play. 

DeJean is one heck of a play maker, would love to grab him in the 1st. Ballhawk and a great Returner.
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen with a monster 52 yard TD run!!! Cool
Reply/Quote
Steelers are getting Molly whopped.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WR is probably the least likely unless someone drops in their lap. I’m sure they’ll tag Tee and kick the can down the road one more year.

(01-15-2024, 06:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed that Tee gets tagged. If not, Keon Coleman, WR FSU here we come.

I like Coleman a lot as well, but Rome Odunze is my 2nd favorite WR in this Draft. Dude is special.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Steelers are getting Molly whopped.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: pedro-monkey-puppet.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: pedro-monkey-puppet.gif]

What’s little man side eyeing me for

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 08:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What’s little man side eyeing me for

I think because of that. Just unreliable Bills.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 09:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think because of that. Just unreliable Bills.

Unbelievable. Gaah

Reply/Quote
Dude just made Minkah his son. That looked Ja’Marr Chase like.

Reply/Quote
That should do it. It’ll be interesting to see Mahomes have to play his first road playoff game in Buffalo of all places.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 06:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

It's been nearly 10 years of the same problem. I thought for sure this was fixed last year with the Orlando Brown signing. That gave us 3 starters from championship teams, plus a 1st round pick.

That should be enough talent for an o-line coach to work with.

There was 0 improvement. 50+ sacks and a bottom tier run game once again. I've run out of "we need more help" cards.

Pollack is starting to feel like LeBron James.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Coleman a lot as well, but Rome Odunze is my 2nd favorite WR in this Draft. Dude is special.

Odunze is likely a very early  selection.  Brian Thomas Jr is a Tee replica except fast and athletic.  He is likely available at 18.  Some like him better than Coleman.  Either would be fine with me.

I can imagine Tee on one side, and Thomas/Coleman on the other, and Chase in the slot.  

Reply/Quote