Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Line has been one of the best in the league in Pass Protection
The Bengals OL has ranked in the top 3 of pass block efficiency the past 4 years. Outside the top 10 once in PFF Era PER PFF

Not bad at all....I'd imagine some of this has to do with Gruden's quick pass short route concept but still i've always thought as a whole this unit is very good and it looks like PFF's ratings prove it. Add to this fact our top 2 picks were linemen.

This to go along with a very strong running game and weapons like AJ Green on the outside.

This offense should be top 5 if healthy if we get even average QB play. It's too damn talented.
Reply/Quote
Never knew Gruden was here in '09, '10 and last year...

We have one of the best olines in the game and have since '09, period.

The ones who don't realise ithaven't a clue about the game of football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 09:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Never knew Gruden was here in '09, '10 and last year...

We have one of the best olines in the game and have since '09, period.

The ones who don't realise ithaven't a clue about the game of football.

There is no doubt we have a very good offensive line.

I also know our QB is one of the best in the league getting rid of the football.

My only knock on the OL is I would like to see if they can hold up when the opposing team knows they have to pass the ball. My eye test says not as good the limited times they were forced to do it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 10:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I also know our QB is one of the best in the league getting rid of the football.

No he's not. He just gets rid of it quick. Nothing "best in the league" about it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No he's not. He just gets rid of it quick. Nothing "best in the league" about it. 

He said best in the league at getting rid of the ball, not completing it.  Dalton is near the top in quick release.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Aaaaand, four posts in....it becomes a Dalton thread
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 08:40 AM)EatonFan Wrote: He said best in the league at getting rid of the ball, not completing it.  Dalton is near the top in quick release.

Says who and based on what?
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 11:03 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Says who and based on what?

He's great at getting rid of the ball quickly...

Often times to an opposing player. Ninja  
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yet everyone screams the Paul alexander is some kind of dunce. This is just more proof of how good Paul is. He has never once had a high draft pick flop, and he also has a good records of developing guys that were not that highly rated. . . (Rich Braham-cut by the Cardinals, Stacy Andrews-4th round pick, Nate Livings-undrafted, Kyle Cook-undrafted, Anthony Collins-4th round pick).

Thanks for the thread CornerBlitz.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No he's not. He just gets rid of it quick. Nothing "best in the league" about it. 

So just going to be incredibly nitpicky on the wording? Shocker. 

(07-05-2015, 11:03 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Says who and based on what?

[Image: 2e4dojq.jpg]
Reply/Quote
All this talk about release time is kind of silly. Get out a stopwatch and see how long 1/2 of a second is. Now watch a game and see how often a QB avoids a sack by 1/2 of a second. It may make a difference in one play every few games, but is really pretty meaningless.
Reply/Quote
I think the line is has been good because they don't have to hold the pocket for all that long in our system.  How good are they when Dalton needs more time is the real question[Image: N4wbaiG.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 12:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So just going to be incredibly nitpicky on the wording? Shocker. 

[Image: 2e4dojq.jpg]

I assume that those times are from 2013 as that is the only year that Henne and Carson were starters for the teams listed. In that year Carson was sacked 41 times in 572 attempts; while Andy was sacked 29 times in 586 attempts. I sure we can attribute that to Andy’s release that is 2/100 of a second quicker.

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 10:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There is no doubt we have a very good offensive line.

I also know our QB is one of the best in the league getting rid of the football.

My only knock on the OL is I would like to see if they can hold up when the opposing team knows they have to pass the ball. My eye test says not as good the limited times they were forced to do it.

I thought I would submit my post again.

Our QB is top 5 at getting rid of the football as I said from snap to release. I think top 5 is one of the best in the league.

I also said our OL is very good, but I would like to see stats and how they hold up on longer designed routes when the opposing teams know we have to pass (3rd and long of over 10 yards for  clarification).

I love our OL and feel they are a strength of the team, but I don't think they are perfect and have no potential weakness.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 01:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love our OL and feel they are a strength of the team, but I don't think they are perfect and have no potential weakness.

Aaron Rodgers isn't perfect, but he's probably the best QB in the league.

Nobody has ever said our offensive line is perfect.

This group has been the best pass blocking line in the NFL for a few years, and one of the best lines overall recently. This has just about nothing to do with Andy's release time being a fraction of a second faster than the next guy.

They're pretty damn good, but not perfect. Let me know when it's the norm for o-lines to be perfect in pass pro and I'll start to nitpick our line too.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yet everyone screams the Paul alexander is some kind of dunce.  This is just more proof of how good Paul is.
 Or how ignorant many of the whiners are.
Reply/Quote
We have a great offensive line when it comes to pass blocking somewhat lackluster in the run game until this past year but overall a very good Offensive line. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 02:26 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Aaron Rodgers isn't perfect, but he's probably the best QB in the league.

Nobody has ever said our offensive line is perfect.

This group has been the best pass blocking line in the NFL for a few years, and one of the best lines overall recently. This has just about nothing to do with Andy's release time being a fraction of a second faster than the next guy.

They're pretty damn good, but not perfect. Let me know when it's the norm for o-lines to be perfect in pass pro and I'll start to nitpick our line too.

The average amount of time the QB holds the football has no bearing on sacks? The Bengals were 11th in time until sack. I wouldn't consider that the pass blocking line. The less time the line is having to pass block the better they should be. It's like a defensive backfield is probably going to be better if the d-line is making the QB get rid of the football faster.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 06:09 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The average amount of time the QB holds the football has no bearing on sacks?  The Bengals were 11th in time until sack.  I wouldn't consider that the pass blocking line.  The less time the line is having to pass block the better they should be.  It's like a defensive backfield is probably going to be better if the d-line is making the QB get rid of the football faster.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

I am not sure how anyone would consider any poster stating not but once but twice how good our OL has been, but with a potential issue unresolved (line holding up on 5 or 7 step drops) nitpicking. If we run constant plays calling for mostly 3 steps drops, then maybe we do it because the OC has concerns with the line holding up on 5 and 7 step drops.

If so, that is not nitpicking, it is a potential problem being hidden by play calling.

But as I stated, we don't do very many 5 and 7 steps drops for me to determine if it is an issue or not. Thus, why I used the word potential.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 06:09 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The average amount of time the QB holds the football has no bearing on sacks?  The Bengals were 11th in time until sack.  I wouldn't consider that the pass blocking line.  The less time the line is having to pass block the better they should be.  It's like a defensive backfield is probably going to be better if the d-line is making the QB get rid of the football faster.

Might have more to do with the QB's ability to buy time in the pocket. 

Look at the guys with the longest Time to sack and tell me if you see a common theme.

Reply/Quote