Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
Greedy Williams to the Browns. Nice pick for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: they are committed to this season and the much better projected QB draft next year

This.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:18 PM)Synric Wrote: The Broncos would have just waited a couple picks and stayed ahead of Miami. The Bengals weren't going to fleece anyone for that 42nd pick.

Yep!

Some of our fans just have to find something to complain about. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:18 PM)Synric Wrote: The Broncos would have just waited a couple picks and stayed ahead of Miami. The Bengals weren't going to fleece anyone for that 42nd pick.

Supposedly Miami traded for Rosen or is about to.
Reply/Quote
I ask again: Those that bytched about the trade back, who did you want?

No fair waiting until they're drafted
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
So we have like 9 day 3 picks now? How many of those picks even make the opening day roster? LOL. What a dumb trade. Gonna get a bunch of special teamers and practice squad guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Damn, Jim Brown was a whole 6 years off the current year.

Damn flux capacitor.
Reply/Quote
I suppose there's still quite a bit of good players in the 6th since we usually snag some good undrafted players.. I dunno if there's a correlation there, but we're gonna be busy tomorrow.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I have no idea who I want. Drinking another beer
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: So far I have checked Walter, Yahoo, draftblaster, cbssports and they all say Round 2. 

PFF and ESPN are less fond of him.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I ask again: Those that bytched about the trade back, who did you want?

No fair waiting until they're drafted

I said I wanted Drew Lock because he sounds like the generic rip-off bootleg version of Andrew Luck.  Duh.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:19 PM)samhain Wrote: So we have like 9 day 3 picks now?  How many of those picks even make the opening day roster?  LOL. What a dumb trade.  Gonna get a bunch of special teamers and practice squad guys.

Hell, The Bengals can grab the best kicker and punter with some of those picks.  They can also trade back into 4th round.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:20 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I have no idea who I want.  Drinking another beer

Well, if they are a 6th round talent, they will get all of them..... Huzzah?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Metcalf or Brown still on the Board at WR.

Mack Wilson at LB.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:15 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Or fleeced then at all.  The Broncos got more trade value than the Bengals while drafting a premium position.

duh.. so you think teams say hey you probably drafting a QB.. well how about a higher pic?? they hang up call the next team.. come on man
Reply/Quote
Come on Browns, stop trotting that man out there.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: they are committed to this season and the much better projected QB draft next year

Far better top QB prospects coming out in 2020 and 2021. If they want a QB this year better to go after Grier in the mid-rounds.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Use those picks to trade for Darron Lee?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hell, The Bengals can grab the best kicker and punter with some of those picks.  They can also trade back into 4th round.  

In the 6th we can get the best kicker, the best punter, and at least one WR we are going to go ape over during the pre-season.
Reply/Quote
re: The Trade - IF you land 1 guy who can start Day 1 in a draft you've done good. We already did that in Williams.

Going for more draft picks is decent in that scenario to increase odds of a HR. Teams like the Cowboys when they were good and the Patriots play the odds like that.
Reply/Quote