Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
In the 2nd round: We need to take a linebacker!
In the 3rd round: We reached for a linebacker! (Even though we were choosing from the exact same pool of players at the position lol)
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:06 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don’t like the Pratt pick either, fwiw. He’s too slow. But at least he fills a need.

Many other better players out there than Pratt.

4.57 is not slow and he don't look slow on the field.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:07 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Until we take one of those guys everyone insists we should've taken in the 2nd or 3rd in the 4th, right?

Pretty sure we were convinced Jawaan Taylor wouldn't be there for us in the first round and he slipped into the second. Maybe we don't know as much as we think we know?

True, but this also reminds me of the random Jets fan they talked to in 83 after they took O'Brien over Marino and he said "Obviously the Jet's saw something in him we didn't."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:07 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: And I hope they start trading up some with all these damn picks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed I'm wondering if they are gonna move back up into the 3rd.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The dude ran 4.5 and is a former DB. You're going to have to make up something else not to like him

He doesn’t play fast. I’m not making anything up. But congrats- you just read that he’s a converted DB and worked it into your thought. That’s good internet posting. 2nd round grade.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Any chance we package a couple of our 6 6th round picks with a 4th to move up in the 3rd?

It make no sense to make 6 6th rd picks. We got very little from our 3 5ths and 3 7ths last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And you’ll continue to whine about the whining...

Circle of life, man.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we can offer someone 7 6th round picks to move back into the third Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:10 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He doesn’t play fast. I’m not making anything up. But congrats- you just read that he’s a converted DB and worked it into your thought. That’s good internet posting. 2nd round grade.

Yep, I just now found out Pratt was a former DB. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Three areas of need coming into the Draft LB, OL, TE

First three picks of draft.. check, check, and check.. Nice job focus on need ... Tons of picks tomorrow to add depth to other positions and competition a cross the board
Reply/Quote
Pratt is a former Safety that is a god cover LB. That was a huge need we had from the LB position.

He's kind of raw though. I don't know that we can pencil him in as a starter.
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard Germaine!

I would like to see the Bengals package some picks to move back up into the 3rd and go back to back backers and take Mack Wilson.
Reply/Quote
CBS sportstracker has our grades at

RD 1 B+
RD 2 C
RD 3 C+

MEH.....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:13 PM)JSR18 Wrote: CBS sportstracker has our grades at

RD 1   B+
RD 2   C
RD 3   C+

MEH.....
Who cares?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, I just now found out Pratt was a former DB. 

And I said I didn’t like the pick, but I didn’t hate it. Much better than Sample.

But it bothers me that these guys are so obviously just drafting by need and not even close to BPA. Those two lines intersected in Rd. 1 and they diverged recklessly thereafter.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I’m about as impressed with Taylor’s drafting as I was how he filled out his coaching staff...

Tank for Tua!

Reply/Quote
The B+ for Jonah Williams shows they lack credibility.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And you’ll continue to whine about the whining...

I don't know why people have to try to justify EVERY single Bengals move as good.

From the Hart signing.  To the team drafting a replacement to Hart. To Hart being good enough to possibly switch to Guard. To Sample being a valuable pick. etc.

Obviously, when you don't win a playoff game in 28 years...not every move you make is great and largely the same braintrust is in charge.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:08 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: 4.57 is not slow and he don't look slow on the field.

It is slow while Devin Bush is running 4.43 for the Steelers.

Not sure 4.57 is going to keep up with the faster TEs and most RB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:13 PM)JSR18 Wrote: CBS sportstracker has our grades at

RD 1 B+
RD 2 C
RD 3 C+

MEH.....

A
D
A
Reply/Quote