Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
(04-27-2019, 01:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you swap Sample for Finley I am actually okay with this draft. Finley is a legit QB of the future.

That is a good point.  I always thought Finley because he was best left.  I think Finley will be better pro than Lock.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Watch Bengals trade up with Jets to steel Pittsburgh’s joy.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Just joined the party,..
anything interesting happening?

Yes big change for next year:
“Start Driskel!” has been changed to “Start Finley!”
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:52 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I was intrigued by that RB the Ravens took. Sounds like a burner.

I wanted Henderson. Would have been nice.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Just joined the party,..
anything interesting happening?

We took a QB! And we moved up to get him!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If you buy into the trade chart we could jump them for pick 210 (late 6th) and move from 125 to 120. Well worth it IMO

Although by the chart the 2nd 6th rounder we gave to move from 110 to104 was an overpay as the early 6th made for an even trade.

Yup. According to the chart they overpaid. They also took less on the Denver deal. I hope Finley develops into a quality starter for us but I have my doubts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Interesting factoid

13 of the first 19 picks in the fourth round have been traded at least once. Many of them have been traded multiple times.
Reply/Quote
Ben Kirvin from Washington rated 188 on CBS board and in 80's other boards

Which is he?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
After last season, signing a quality backup quarterback became a priority, and Ryan Finley will be outstanding in that role.
Reply/Quote
Kudos to the staff for packaging some picks and moving up to get Finley. Finley is a quality QB and whether some will admit it or not could be the future face of the franchise. I have heard it stated by some that he is possibly the most NFL ready QB in the draft. Good arm, while not a cannon, extremely accurate, and can move. Another very smart and classy kid that continues to add to the culture that Taylor is building.

Nice move team!
Reply/Quote
Michael Jordan or Dru Tranquil now would be a great pick next.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:57 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yes big change for next year:
“Start Driskel!” has been changed to “Start Finley!”

I think Finley is a fine QB, better than Lock.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting factoid

13 of the first 19 picks in the fourth round have been traded at least once.  Many of them have been traded multiple times.

In order to be an interesting factoid doesn't is kind of have to be interesting? I guess interesting is in the eye of the beholder.. I slept late so you'll have to forgive me.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bet we take a CB here. No idea which.

Possibly a RB? Snell or Jordan Scarlett would be a nice grab in the 5/6 round.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:04 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Michael Jordan or Dru Tranquil now would be a great pick next.

I like your train of thought.
Reply/Quote
Pitt took Snell. Scratch that
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Yup.  According to the chart they overpaid.  They also took less on the Denver deal.  I hope Finley develops into a quality starter for us but I have my doubts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Lord the whining by many is getting so tiring. F@#k the chart they saw their guy and went to get him. Good move. Let's see yesterday it was why did they trade back they can not possibly roster this many draft picks. So now they package some to make a good move and their is complaining about that.

WOW!
Reply/Quote
Benny Snell to Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals should take Amani O from PSU.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
There goes Driskle's multi-million dollar season right up in smoke.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote