Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
Holy Crap Wren Destroyed Bradbury during 1 v 1 drills.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: Taylor personally called Ross after the trade rumors came out and told him they were complete bs.  I think he's high on him.

Man I hope so. I think I'm more interested in seeing what he does with a new staff than anyone else.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is our D-line coach nowadays?

Nick Eason
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are having a solid-but-not-spectacular draft thus far.
Reply/Quote
Solid pick. I like it.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 12:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Definitely interested in RB options today...maybe a Bryce Love, Bennie Snell or Justice Hill? 

Hakeem Butler is a very intriguing WR that's still available.

Burr-Kirven, Wilson, Joseph and Tranquill among solid options still on the board at LB.

I also like Hooker at S, and it'll be interesting to see which QB they'll pick up.

Lots of pretty good talent still available. Should be a fun day 3!

I just now turned it on and they were talking about the Bengals picks--saw they took a QB in rd 4 and was a little surprised--whoever was commenting said they were doing some good things. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You 'get off my lawn' old farts crack me up with your nostalgia. 

You take something and completely bend and twist it to a "back in my day" argument. You still don't ***** get it.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TAKING SAMPLE AS THE TIGHT END PICK.

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHERE THEY TOOK HIM. THEY COULD HAVE HAD HIM IN RD 4 AND EVEN IF HE WAS GONE BY THEN, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE MISSED HIM BECAUSE HE'S A BLOCKING TE.

It's like people flipping out last year that the Bengals couldn't get rid of some 6th rd backup WR because he was too important on special teams, even though he hadn't done jack squat up to then or after.

Do you think you and the other old farts (i'm 53 btw) could take a second and understand the point made and not go wandering out in the middle of a field, muttering to yourselves and each other?

With that, i'm done talking about the TE pick and will not be replying to any more posts to me about it.

Moving on...

Someone is off the rails and it is not us old farts

But TY for sharing your issues
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wasn't Callahan a coach at the Senior Bowl?

Yes.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:25 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think the Bengals are having a solid-but-not-spectacular draft thus far.

My grade as of now is like a C+ or B-.  If they land Tranquil, the best kicker and Hanson, I would give it a B-.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Tranquill gone.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:23 PM)OSUfan Wrote: If they get him to reach his potential then he can be an absolute monster! Has the potential to be FAR more than a rotational player. 5.01 40 and 30 reps. Very quick for his size and strong as a bull.

This.

He is 4th round because he was an underachiever.  Sometimes these guys get motivated by potential NFL money, and sometimes they do nothing.

No 4th round pick is going to be flawless.
Reply/Quote
In think the Chargers took Tranquill
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wasn't Callahan a coach at the Senior Bowl?

I dont know but Jon Gruden outted him as the Bengals new OC that week before the Super Bowl. I bet he was in Mobile on Oakland's dime though.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Tranquill off the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:23 PM)OSUfan Wrote: If they get him to reach his potential then he can be an absolute monster! Has the potential to be FAR more than a rotational player. 5.01 40 and 30 reps. Very quick for his size and strong as a bull.

For whatever it's worth...NFL.com has him rated at 5.65 (meaning they think he has a chance to become a starter) and Zierlein had him in the 3rd/4th round area. They have his NFL comparison as Kedrick Golston.

Definitely an interesting pick and a guy that could be pretty scary if he ever realizes his full potential.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:25 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think the Bengals are having a solid-but-not-spectacular draft thus far.

Agreed. Still scratching my head on the Sample pick, but, otherwise it’s a solid draft so far. Would like to get another LB (Wilson?) and OT (Udoh?).
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:28 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Tranquill off the board.

Thought he was “oft-injured”? I know a lot of people here liked him.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is a Ren Wren situation for the Bengals.

Jerry

LOL

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Someone is off the rails and it is not us old farts

But TY for sharing your issues

Rfaulk's avatar is now appropriate for a Bengal fan.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:29 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Agreed. Still scratching my head on the Sample pick, but, otherwise it’s a solid draft so far. Would like to get another LB (Wilson?) and OT (Udoh?).

That's the main pick everyone's going to point to when criticizing them, but IMO it hasn't really cost them at all.
Reply/Quote