Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-24-2020, 11:52 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Come on Dalton for #87...

I’m thinking they take Jake Fromm or Jacob Eason
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Respect old man! I'm 52, so Im up at 6. Earned privileges Hilarious

Where the hell did my perioid go? Oh my, it's up here?.......  Good Post

Cool  I'm drunk!

I'm confused.  I thought you said old MAN...
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think the Raiders are going to run a 1 QB/3 OL/6 WR/1 RB offense.

Just constantly rotate which WRs are eligible and ineligible every down and hope the opposing defense can't keep up with who is and isn't that play.

The Raiders are taking a bunch of WRs for a QB who hates to throw the ball more than 5 yards.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Doubtful. Guy didn’t have a single drop in 2019. And it’s a weak TE class.

We'll see. Short TE with short arms and small hands. Maybe if a team is looking for an H-Back someone will take a flier
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The current OL looks like this:

Jonah Williams
Michael Jordan
Trey Hopkins
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Bobby Hart

That's not one to feel good about. It needs help.

Swap Hart for Fred Johnson
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:43 PM)matmaven Wrote: I don't get their approach to the OLine but I haven't for a couple years.  48 sacks last year and a rookie QB that they can't let get beat to a pulp in his first year. 

The OL played much better down the stretch. Gave up only 7 sacks in the last 5 games
Reply/Quote
Welp, NE didn't trade their 3rd for Dalton.
Reply/Quote

Jonah Williams
Michael Jordan
Trey Hopkins
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Bobby Hart

I think Fred Johnson will win a starting job in camp.

You also can't give up on young guys like Jordan early.  It takes years to develop OL.  If you draft over every rookie that struggles, you'll just be dumping picks into your OL until you get lucky and developing guys that are going to latch on and contribute for other teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Welp, NE didn't trade their 3rd for Dalton.

They don't have the cap room for Dalton.  They would have to do a p4p.
Reply/Quote

Jonah Williams
Michael Jordan
Trey Hopkins
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Bobby Hart

So you have your top ten pick at LT. that is a big positive.... your 4th rounded pick at guard (who improved as year progressed) , Hopkins probably one of the most improved centers in the league last year... ??? mark at guard..  Hart improved though he had a low bar for sure from previous year... 

I agree it is not strong but that group still looked better than a LB group.. so to me it is taking a WR in 2nd.. but AJ could be gone and they had him ranked on the board high.. and I believe it was another 10 or more picks before a Tackle went.. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Welp, NE didn't trade their 3rd for Dalton.

Here’s to pick 100 for Katy HS’s finest
Reply/Quote

They are looking to package a 2026 conditional 7th rounder and their backup punter for Andy and a 2021 3rd
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Are they friggin’ on to something here???
Reply/Quote

No one is going to trade for him at this point in time.

Cam and Flacco are both FAs, but both have medical questions.  No one will trade draft capital if there is a chance to get a guy off the street to do the job.  While probably isn't to be anything but a backup at this point, Cam still has some miles left on him if the medical checks out, so why not wait until you can check him out?  If the medical doesn't check out, you then offer up compensation in 2021.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:55 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Swap Hart for Fred Johnson

I’m in your camp Kingslayer. I just don’t see how anyone can look at this current Oline & be ok with this. There is no 4th or 5th round guys that can fix this.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: How many attempts?

47 catches

(04-24-2020, 11:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Raiders are taking a bunch of WRs for a QB who hates to throw the ball more than 5 yards.

Telling you, they'll just run double trip formation with the 6 WR. So then they don't need to throw it more than 5 yards. Two guys go for shallow crossing routes over the middle and the other four are ready for either a screen to the left or a screen to the right. BRILLIANT!

(04-24-2020, 11:55 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Swap Hart for Fred Johnson

I think I will buy that when I see it. Hart has a $5.85m cap hit, and has $3m in dead cap space if cut. Not sure I see Mikey B signing off on putting him on the bench while hitting the cap for almost $6m.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:03 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: I’m in your camp Kingslayer. I just don’t see how anyone can look at this current Oline & be ok with this. There is no 4th or 5th round guys that can fix this.

im not ok with it, I want simpson in the 4th
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: They don't have the cap room for Dalton.  They would have to do a p4p.

Joe Thuney it is!
Reply/Quote
Someone will have to teach me how to put multi quotes in box..lol
Reply/Quote
man 107 is a long ways
Reply/Quote