Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-25-2020, 03:26 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I like John Simpson for our next pick, but I agree we could comfortably trade down for him or somebody of his calibre.

Actually I really liked Tyre Phillips but the Ratbirds picked him with the last pick of day 2.

I really hate Baltimore right now.
But, I'll tell ya what.
They better keep a nice stable of DB's over there with AJ back and Higgins added.
Teams will need 4 good ones now in order to cover our 4 WR studs!! 5 if you count Auden Tate!

I see them drafting even another one late. This draft is just LOADED!!
If Bengals even add a decent TE with the next pick in Harrison Bryant, that even makes them more dangerous!
Or, how about an Antonio Gandy Golden right here at WR again?? I mean, wow, so so exciting! (slobbering right now) Lol

If we turn the games into a track meet against Ratbirds or anyone else, maybe we make their Run game more irrelevant?? Wishful thinking I know... Lol
Reply/Quote
Lots of good players left. I'd go with Prince or one of the interior guys that could potentially start right away (Bredsen, Harris, Simpson etc.) Weaver is still there if we want edge help (not sure why he’s slipped so far). Then we got a couple good corners left (Pride JR., Amik Robertson). There’s a couple good LBs too (Dye and ADG). There might be enough talent left that we can find a trade down and still get a really good player in round 4.

Hmmm Trent Williams turned down a trade to the Vikings. I bet he wouldn’t turn down the chance to play in this offense..
Reply/Quote
First draft in some time I wasn't ticked off by the end of the third round, so that's progress, for me.
Reply/Quote
Kind of nice having the 1st pick in every round. Need to finish strong today. In general would like to focus on LB's and o-lineman today unless a good BPA is available. I tend to think O-line still has decent depth available. OLB not as much. I probably like ADG or Troy Dye as OLB's to consider first.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we already have our version of Antonio Gandy-Golden in Auden Tate. [Stops to go check measurements] Well...ok AGG is faster (4.6 compared to 4.68), had a higher vertical (36 compared to 31) and longer broad jump 127 compared to 112). So all in all it looks like AGG is way more athletic. With OL still available I think some may slide to 5 and you grab this kid.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:23 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: I think we already have our version of Antonio Gandy-Golden in Auden Tate. [Stops to go check measurements] Well...ok AGG is faster (4.6 compared to 4.68), had a higher vertical (36 compared to 31) and longer broad jump 127 compared to 112). So all in all it looks like AGG is way more athletic. With OL still available I think some may slide to 5 and you grab this kid.

.08 of a second means nothing on a football field. People get hung up on these fractions of a second. It's the difference in sprinters on a track field, it's meaningless in football.
Reply/Quote
Add our FA's to our draft thus far and I see a trend. On defense, they are building a team that not only tackles well, but guys who will hit you and your teeth chatter. They are building a defense for a guy like Lamar Jackson that will pay a price if he does not take a knee early. I loved the Wilson pick, others may not but he reminds me of a guy BB would grab,

On Offense, if we keep AD (we may since no training camp likely), they have given him huge weapons with Green, Boyd, Higgins and Ross to go with Mixon and a revamped OL anchored by a 11th round prick from 2019. I have a hunch we will see more additions to the OL.

My point is I see a team on defense that tackling and weakness will not be a liability. It amazed me the missed tackle the past few years. We switched out DB's who can tackle and it will show up. A good tackle many times gets our defense off the field.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Like most I'd like to see them get some more help at O-line & even LB again.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: .08 of a second means nothing on a football field. People get hung up on these fractions of a second. It's the difference in sprinters on a track field, it's meaningless in football.

Agree with that. I was including all stats which show his relative athleticism advantage over Tate.
Reply/Quote
I’d like to go LB here, Dye or ADG, but I have a feeling well go OT like Adams or the Prince. I’d be fine with weaver or Anae but DE is kind of a luxury at this point. Should be some good OGs in 5 (I hope)
Reply/Quote
Damn Roger Goodell will open but won't be announcing picks. I wanted to see him get day drunk.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Have to believe we see an Offensive Lineman today they had one of the worst lines in football in 2019. I know they will get Jonah Williams but still the only piece they have added is Xavier Su'a-Filo.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 10:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No worries. Our next pick will be Better Than Ezra.

Lol. I actually like some of their stuff. Catchy tunes.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
When does the draft restart? Noon?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:54 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: When does the draft restart? Noon?
Yes noon.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Jets offered 15, 19, and 23 in the fourth...
Reply/Quote
Here we go. Get us someone good, Tobin & Zac.
Reply/Quote
Think anyone trades up for Eason?
Reply/Quote
My guess is Harrison Bryant
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have a weird feeling it might be Bryce Hall...
Reply/Quote