Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring in Charles Leno
The Bears released OT Charles Leno today, the Bengals should bring him in. This would be a MAJOR plus for the OL. So that means they wont do a thing.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 02:19 PM)GodFather Wrote: The Bears released OT Charles Leno today, the Bengals should bring him in. This would be a MAJOR plus for the OL. So that means they wont do a thing.

The penalty machine?
Reply/Quote
https://www.reddit.com/r/CHIBears/comments/kixtkz/pff_chi_bears_over_the_last_6_weeks_charles_leno/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all

Bears fans seem To think Leno is way worse than PFF leads you to believe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 02:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/CHIBears/comments/kixtkz/pff_chi_bears_over_the_last_6_weeks_charles_leno/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all

Bears fans seem To think Leno is way worse than PFF leads you to believe.

So Leno is the Bears Bobby Hart.  Let's pass on him then....
Reply/Quote
God no lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 02:54 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: So Leno is the Bears Bobby Hart.  Let's pass on him then....

Lol, that’s what it seems like. Here are 3
Comments back to back to back, from that thread.

u/metaldinner avatar
metaldinner
Bears
130d
“every year we hear this s*** about leno from pff, every game we see him getting clowned”

u/listerfyne avatar
listerfyne
130d
“Holding number 72”

u/SCupit avatar
SCupit
131d
“See this is what happened in 2018 and we fell into the trap that is Leno. Please upgrade tackles this year.”
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 02:19 PM)GodFather Wrote: The Bears released OT Charles Leno today, the Bengals should bring him in. This would be a MAJOR plus for the OL. So that means they wont do a thing.

Let's assume they did.
Leno has played exclusively LT for the past seven years.
Would the Bengals look to move him inside to OG?
Or would they actually move Jonah Williams, which some have suggested since he was drafted?
How would people feel with an OL of Leno-Williams-Hopkins-Carman-Reiff?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Explain to me how this would be a major plus for the o-line.

Is he going to start at LT or RT?  He's not a starter at OG or C.  

The only way he is a major plus is if someone gets hurt.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 03:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Explain to me how this would be a major plus for the o-line.

Is he going to start at LT or RT?  He's not a starter at OG or C.  

The only way he is a major plus is if someone gets hurt.

Or they stop calling holding on us lol
Reply/Quote
Over the last three years his penalties were 7,12 and 6.

Off the top of my head without looking it up, that sounds pretty close to bobby hart numbers. But I didn't watch much chicago, so I can't say if leno actually blocked people or did the bobby hart side step.
Reply/Quote

LTs just dont get released all of a sudden because they are 
Good. He has no upside. 
Reply/Quote
I was pretty surprised to hear that he is Jay Leno's son. Apparently David Letterman was set to adopt him but Leno swooped in and took the kid in.

Reallt heartwarming story.
Reply/Quote
51 penalties and 27 sacks in his 6 years as a starter. OOF

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 05:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I was pretty surprised to hear that he is Jay Leno's son.  Apparently David Letterman was set to adopt him but Leno swooped in and took the kid in.  

Reallt heartwarming story.

"Penalites of the Heart" gonna be playing non-stop on Lifetime for sure.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote