Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-28-2022, 05:42 PM)Goalpost Wrote: My recollection is that people who do this will get a suspension from here and rightly so.

Yeah that may be the case.  I never really pay attention to who is suspended or know if they are.  Perhaps it would be a good point for Holic to add to the OP or maybe even a temp sticky thread as a warning.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Linderbaum would be great and we’d have a total line revamp. Best CB still on the board or DT also.
I think they’ll trade down though.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 04:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Polite request, if you find out the pick early via social media or whatever, please do not post about it or make "Welcome" threads until the pick is announced on TV.  Thank you.

Please keep in mind though that it's not so easy with so many different ways to watch TV and multiple channels to view the draft for everyone to see the announcement at the same time. Those watching ABC via antenna or watching the live feed on a computer could get the pick several minutes before it appears on the cable or streaming service.  We saw this all the time in the game day thread.  It could be as much as 5 minutes between various methods of watching.

i would suggest that if you are concerned about being spoiled that you avoid Jungle Noise once the Bengals go on the clock until such a time that you see the pick announced

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm watching College Game Day on ESPN and they opened with the "We're coming to your city" theme song by Big and Rich and damned if it doesn't feel like a fall day watching college football when I watch that theme song.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 06:17 PM)pally Wrote: Please keep in mind though that it's not so easy with so many different ways to watch TV and multiple channels to view the draft for everyone to see the announcement at the same time. Those watching ABC via antenna or watching the live feed on a computer could get the pick several minutes before it appears on the cable or streaming service.  We saw this all the time in the game day thread.  It could be as much as 5 minutes between various methods of watching.

i would suggest that if you are concerned about being spoiled that you avoid Jungle Noise once the Bengals go on the clock until such a time that you see the pick announced

Says "twitter girl"  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 06:17 PM)pally Wrote: Please keep in mind though that it's not so easy with so many different ways to watch TV and multiple channels to view the draft for everyone to see the announcement at the same time. Those watching ABC via antenna or watching the live feed on a computer could get the pick several minutes before it appears on the cable or streaming service.  We saw this all the time in the game day thread.  It could be as much as 5 minutes between various methods of watching.

I understand that there are certain delays in broadcasts and streaming.  I actually watch on TV and stream another broadcast on my laptop.   But every year there is someone that posts the pick well before it is officially announced most likely from social media sources.   As for avoiding JN, I like following and talking about the draft with people here.   So, "Hey don't read the forum if you don't like it," isn't a solution for me.  Also given the responses above I'm not the only one that does not like spoilers.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 06:25 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I understand that there are certain delays in broadcasts and streaming.  I actually watch on TV and stream another broadcast on my laptop.   But every year there is someone that posts the pick well before it is officially announced most likely from social media sources.   As for avoiding JN, I like following and talking about the draft with people here.   So, "Hey don't read the forum if you don't like it," isn't a solution for me.  Also given the responses above I'm not the only one that does not like spoilers.  

Folks know what you're talking about. It's not an instance of a dude watching broadcast getting the news a couple seconds earlier that someone streaming; it's turd who know they are spoiling it and relish in the attention. 

WTS HUGE SHOUT OUT to Holic and all the forum members that chip in around here. I remember it wasn't too long ago, that the forum would crash about 1 minute before the Bengal pick and stay crashed until about 5 minutes after the pick

Reply/Quote
Anyone know a good streaming site for NFL network? I do t want to be stuck with ABC or ESPN this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 04:26 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: This is the MOST disconnected form the draft I have ever felt. And I am a full on draft nerd and have 10+ years of Mel Kipers old blue draft preview. I think it is because we are so good already there's no player that is going to put us over the top only slightly enhance our roster. I'll tune in because I still love the draft and the Bengals but won't be hanging on the edge of my seat as the draft pick is announced.

I would disagree, we are a injury or two away especially in CB or Oline that puts us at risk... and we have contracts coming up... couple bad drafts can set you back major.. just look back when we looking really strong in 2014-15, how those bad drafts set us back
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Says "twitter girl"  

Says someone who knows there is sometimes a significant time lag between various viewing methods. I don't think I have ever spoiled a draft pick. But, someone will be the first to post and someone will complain they were spoiled.  If anyone wants to be 100% certain they don't know the pick until THEY hear it on tv the only way is stay off the Board until you have heard. This isn't the old days where the draft was only on cable access ESPN so everyone received the information essentially at the same time. This year it is being shown on 3 networks that can be accessed a dozen different ways all of which can show the same content several minutes apart

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 07:08 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: Anyone know a good streaming site for NFL network?  I do t want to be stuck with ABC or ESPN this year.

You might check if YouTube TV still has a free trial.  They have the NFL Network.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 06:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks know what you're talking about. It's not an instance of a dude watching broadcast getting the news a couple seconds earlier that someone streaming; it's turd who know they are spoiling it and relish in the attention. 

WTS HUGE SHOUT OUT to Holic and all the forum members that chip in around here. I remember it wasn't too long ago, that the forum would crash about 1 minute before the Bengal pick and stay crashed until about 5 minutes after the pick

(04-28-2022, 07:15 PM)pally Wrote: Says someone who knows there is sometimes a significant time lag between various viewing methods. I don't think I have ever spoiled a draft pick. But, someone will be the first to post and someone will complain they were spoiled.  If anyone wants to be 100% certain they don't know the pick until THEY hear it on tv the only way is stay off the Board until you have heard. This isn't the old days where the draft was only on cable access ESPN so everyone received the information essentially at the same time. This year it is being shown on 3 networks that can be accessed a dozen different ways all of which can show the same content several minutes apart

Perhaps they  don't 

Reply/Quote
I think Ojabo is the pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 04:26 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: This is the MOST disconnected form the draft I have ever felt. And I am a full on draft nerd and have 10+ years of Mel Kipers old blue draft preview. I think it is because we are so good already there's no player that is going to put us over the top only slightly enhance our roster. I'll tune in because I still love the draft and the Bengals but won't be hanging on the edge of my seat as the draft pick is announced.

Ditto.
Reply/Quote
Two years ago, Joey B. was supposed to be taken to that stage on a boat, first overall.

Too bad that couldn't happen then.
Reply/Quote
Just a little over 30 minutes until go time. Enjoy the draft all.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
That was one of the best National Anthems I’ve heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Bengals drafting a future Super Bowl champion tonight. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
A couple things. One. I'm drunk on vodka too. I am watching PFF and it's like watching paint dry but less dramatic Three. I really still feel the Bengals are going to trade out of 31
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Any links?
Reply/Quote