Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-30-2022, 08:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I liked every single player that Cincinnati Bengals drafted and the front office is looking ahead towards winning the division in winning playoff games against the bills and the Chiefs.

I looked at this draft as essentially the Bengals not have any first round draft. They were picking so late and around. That's just the way I looked at it.

I agree. I am very pleased with the draft. These are talented players at positions of need. I went into the draft hoping for a S, CB, and DT. They not only got talented picks at that position, but versatile players, and high-character, intelligent players. 

To do this picking at the end of the rounds? Outstanding.

And they should have money left for a talented free agent given they only have to pay 6 late-round picks.

I am really optimistic now about this coming year.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 08:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If that's the case, that'd explain why I was so confused then. Numbers just didn't really add up there.

Does bring about a different question of why even more safeties then if they're not expecting him to be a LB.

I'm hoping for Devin Harper LB Oklahoma State.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:08 AM)scottyd33 Wrote: Nope…was team Burrow and Chase. This team picks great in top 5. Doesn’t know how to make a pic to save its ass below 20. This pick is awful. It’s no depth for any players that we need now or as a free agent to be next year.

Akili Smith, 1999 NFL Draft, 1st round, 3rd overall..not a great top 5 pick..
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 04:28 AM)Old Dipstick Wrote: Akili Smith, 1999 NFL Draft, 1st round, 3rd overall..not a great top 5 pick..

That doesn't really disprove what they said. In recent history, Cincinnati has done well with their top five selections. Aside from Akili and Warrick, the rest of those guys were good or great players.

1. Chase
2. Burrow
3. A.J. Green
4. Palmer
5. Justin Smith
6. Peter Warrick
7. Akili Smith
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 07:49 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That doesn't really disprove what they said. In recent history, Cincinnati has done well with their top five selections. Aside from Akili and Warrick, the rest of those guys were good or great players.

1. Chase
2. Burrow
3. A.J. Green
4. Palmer
5. Justin Smith
6. Peter Warrick
7. Akili Smith

And only 2 of those guys won playoff games here.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 10:58 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And only 2 of those guys won playoff games here.

Pretty disappointing, isn't it? Palmer, Green and Smith were really talented players. Just never got it done in the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 11:29 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Pretty disappointing, isn't it? Palmer, Green and Smith were really talented players. Just never got it done in the playoffs. 

Drafting high is the new free agency debate that plagued this board. Look at the Redskins! Can't win signing free agents.

Now, you apparently have to draft high or your players suck.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:08 AM)scottyd33 Wrote: Nope…was team Burrow and Chase. This team picks great in top 5. Doesn’t know how to make a pic to save its ass below 20. This pick is awful. It’s no depth for any players that we need now or as a free agent to be next year.

Jonathan Joseph, Tyler Eifert, Kevin Zeitler and Leon Hall (18 - close enough), William Jackson III and Darqueze Dennard (good player but couldn't stay healthy) all raise their hands to say you don't know what you're talking about.

Sure there were some recent busts with us picking below 20 (price and Cedric O), but the ratio of getting good starters to busts weighs in the positive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not that it matters to anyone, but here is my grade for this draft.

I'll grade the first two picks because of being the 31st and the 60th picks, which is basically a high 2nd rounder and high 3rd rounder. Go AFC Champs!

Daxton Hill was an A, easily.
Cam Taylor-Britt was B+.

I won't give a grade for the other four picks though. That will depend on who makes the 53 man roster few months from now. I am hoping three of them will make the roster, which at that time, I will give this draft an A. If all four make it, grand slam of a grade. Two, decent draft then, but if only one makes it, then not an overall good draft due to only having six draft picks, though individual grades for Hill and Britt still stand.

I know that is pretty generic, but the draft is a crap shoot as not one of the 262 players drafted have played in the NFL yet. I wanna judge this draft based on who makes the final 53 man roster after making it through all the camps and preseason games, because that will tell me quite a bit.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote