Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-30-2022, 07:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: 7th, I'm going for Rambo or Marquise Hayes.

Rambo!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m on a train, what’s the 6th round pick?

So you can post here but have no access to ESPN.com?
Reply/Quote
Dang, I would have brought in Rasheed Walker as a UDFA just to see if his traits could be transformed to a capable player
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Justyn Ross maybe?
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
On the clock for the last time today
Reply/Quote
Last pick coming up.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 07:13 PM)pally Wrote: Versatility has been the theme of the Bengals draft. Each player is capable of being moved around depending on the situation. It is something they haven't always had the luxury of doing.

The 3 DB’s are fast as well and all 3 VERY intelligent. All locker room warriors. Volson is a Pollack guy. He’s grown up working for his Dad in a small town in I guess ND in very physical work. He’s brutally blue collar and not grown tough from football but from life. Work ethic in the stratosphere. Don’t know much about Carter but your versatility term fits all of them but maybe him the best. All of them are ridiculously versatile. That’s going to be so important in depth issues.

But I know some are frustrated about the focus in the draft on defense but I’m convinced Lou has some sub packages with these guys as situational players getting snaps in ingenious ways to play these AFC QB’s.
Reply/Quote
Jeffrey Gunter DE
Reply/Quote
DE Coastal Carolina?!?!?
Reply/Quote
Who is this guy?
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Edge player they must be like. No issue with that this late in the draft.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
From draft tracker:

Quote:Draft Scouting Report:

Rating: 67.82 (Role player)

Pro Comparison: Trevon Young

Strengths:

Gunter followed up an 8-sack season in '20 with 6 more in '21. He ran a 4.7 40 at the combine and showed off a vertical of 35.5 inches, and those physical attributes translated to the field. He's a high-motor player who has the athleticism to avoid running back cut blocks and get to the quarterback. He also has the power to bull rush offensive tackles off their feet altogether and collapse the pocket. He will consistently disengage from blocks, can get lateral and then run down a quarterback either rolling out or scrambling. In the run game, he'll set the edge with purpose.

Weaknesses:

He can look stiff at times when rushing the passer, and while he shows twitchiness, he's not particularly bendy. He doesn't yet have much variety in his pass-rush arsenal, and he'll occasionally get run out of the play vs. run.

Accolades:

2020: All-Sun Belt first yeam
2020: Led FBS with six forced fumbles

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I was hoping for a LB like Jojo or maybe a WR. But a DE who will never see the field isn't a safety at least so there's that.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 07:36 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Who is this guy?

This is ESPN's write up:   Position rank: 18   Overall rank: 198      Grade: 55

Gunter is a versatile edge defender who lines up in two- and three-point stances in addition to dropping into coverage and kicking inside at times. He's quick with active hands, and he's effective running stunts while rushing the passer. He flashes the ability to get off blocks in time to make the play and chases with good effort, but he's on the lighter side and gets moves out of his gap when teams run at him. 

Edited to highlight the versatility being mentioned recently in this thread.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 07:13 PM)pally Wrote: Versatility has been the theme of the Bengals draft. Each player is capable of being moved around depending on the situation. It is something they haven't always had the luxury of doing.

And more versatility:

With experience at defensive end, outside linebacker, and on special teams, Gunter could be a steal in the 2022 NFL Draft.
Reply/Quote
Everything after Rd 2 sucked. And trading up to get CTB was iffy.

Hill, Dean, Winfrey, Woolen/Austin/Bell/TE would have been much better, and we'd have had 2 extra picks.

No TE help. No WR help. No IOL help save for another reach for another too tall for a guard tackle conversion project. And trading up for a 5th rounder.

C- at best. I'd go D.
Reply/Quote
I like the draft. But we could've done much better in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
Gunter had a 6th round grade. He initially was going to go to NC State.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 07:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Everything after Rd 2 sucked. And trading up to get CTB was iffy.

Hill, Dean, Winfrey, Woolen/Austin/Bell/TE would have been much better, and we'd have had 2 extra picks.

No TE help. No WR help. No IOL help save for another reach for another too tall for a guard tackle conversion project. And trading up for a 5th rounder.

C- at best. I'd go D.

I agree
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:03 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Wow, if we were trading up for a safety I would have thought it was Sterling Weatherford, who I felt was more connected.

Anderson was at the senior bowl where they got a good look at him. 6'2 210 ran a 4.36 forty very athletic and physical.
Reply/Quote