Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-30-2022, 05:40 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: To be fair he had "shit in his neck." If that's not offensive I don't know what is!

Huh? 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Another thing to complain about that I thought of is we've been saying we need to build in the draft with big contracts coming. Then we trade picks to move up a total of 11 spots. I know they're late Rd picks but there are good players available in multiple positions.

I just went into the draft hoping we could get creative and find a way to pick up a couple extra picks and instead we shed them. We're gonna come out of this draft with 6 players. I hope we're gonna be willing to pay players not named Burrow and Chase in the future.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 03:45 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: CBS draft tracker says he's 6'6" 315lbs.

Wow, in the video he looks like a larger guy, but not really huge/built. Looks like one of my hockey friends. That video must not do him justice. Definitely doesn’t look 6’6”, 315. Looks more like 6’ 245 or something. Weird.
Reply/Quote
I think for the 7th round they should pause for an hour or so after the 6th round. Have fans rank the best players still available online during that time. For the 7th round give each team 30 seconds and if they don't pick in time they auto draft based on fan rankings. It would at least make things interesting. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He was 209 at the combine less than 2 months ago and he's going to be 23 this season so it's not like he got out of college early either. He's starting the season suspended for PEDs if he's bulked up to LB size in less than 2 months.

They said low 220s at his pro day.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:27 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Another thing to complain about that I thought of is we've been saying we need to build in the draft with big contracts coming. Then we trade to picks to move up a total of 8 spots. I know they're late Rd picks but there are good players available in multiple positions.

I just went into the draft hoping we could get creative and find a way to pick up a couple extra picks and instead we shed them. We're gonna come out of this draft with 6 players. I hope we're gonna be willing to pay players not named Burrow and Chase in the future.

With only 6 picks, and those being late-in-the-round picks, it would seem that the Bengals have more money to sign free agents. So, I am expecting they sign some quality free agents after the draft.

Also, with the Ravens having so many picks, including two first rounders, it would seem that they would not have a lot of money to sign free agents. I have no idea how they solve their lacks of WRs.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:44 PM)Nepa Wrote: With only 6 picks, and those being late-in-the-round picks, it would seem that the Bengals have more money to sign free agents. So, I am expecting they sign some quality free agents after the draft.

Also, with the Ravens having so many picks, including two first rounders, it would seem that they would not have a lot of money to sign free agents. I have no idea how they solve their lacks of WRs.

Easy, convert a TE or 2 to WR, and run it... :)

+Don't let LJ have a good production year in a contract year.... WIN-WIN
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think for the 7th round they should pause for an hour or so after the 6th round.  Have fans rank the best players still available online during that time.  For the 7th round give each team 30 seconds and if they don't pick in time they auto draft based on fan rankings.  It would at least make things interesting.    Tongue

Or have an 8th Rd that's decided by a consensus of fan votes.
Reply/Quote
I’m on a train, what’s the 6th round pick?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:49 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Or have an 8th Rd that's decided by a consensus of fan votes.

Then you either get the top overall player or rival teams get you the worst possible pick and then the team has to pay the poor kid or totally waste his time negotiating for somewhere that doesn't want him to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m on a train, what’s the 6th round pick?

Cam Taylor-Britt 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m on a train, what’s the 6th round pick?

We don't have one.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:57 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Cam Taylor-Britt 

He means they used the 6th round pick to move up 3 spots in the 2nd to take Cam Taylor-Britt. So, no 6th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 07:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: He means they used the 6th round pick to move up 3 spots in the 2nd to take Cam Taylor-Britt. So, no 6th round pick.

Ah
Reply/Quote

7th, I'm going for Rambo or Marquise Hayes.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 07:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: He means they used the 6th round pick to move up 3 spots in the 2nd to take Cam Taylor-Britt. So, no 6th round pick.

Exactly what I said lol. The pick was used on CTB 
Reply/Quote
Kellen Diesch, Zach Van Valkenburg, Britain Covey, Jack Sanborn, Tanner Conner, or Alec Lindstrom.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Versatility has been the theme of the Bengals draft. Each player is capable of being moved around depending on the situation. It is something they haven't always had the luxury of doing.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:40 PM)Synric Wrote: They said low 220s at his pro day.

The Combine was March 3rd. Toledo had their pro day on March 21st.

Nobody gains nearly a pound of muscle per day... so he either just ate nothing but ice cream for a couple weeks, drank over a gallon of water (8 pounds/gal) right before weigh-in, or did all of the PEDs known to man. The first two would be meaningless short-term gain that would be gone quickly, the last will get him suspended.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:40 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: To be fair he had "shit in his neck." If that's not offensive I don't know what is!

Damn, i just had surgery to remove some shit in my neck. Now i find out it’s a good thing? I guess I need surgery to put it back in, now.

Who knew?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote