Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread***
I have to laugh at Warner talking up teams using 3 safeties - we did that a lot starting last season. Our third safety retired (Allen) and here comes Dax Hill into that role.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:32 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I really like this pick. He looks like a baller. He could replace bates if we lose him. Ran a 4.38? That’s a lot faster than Hamilton. Great start.

Also faster than Bates
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Nice. Bulk that secondary up some more. CB and DT in the next couple would be nice.
Reply/Quote
Guy can flat cover. Especially in the slot.

Can’t really have too many cover guys. Great pick.
Reply/Quote
I like Dax Hill. Hate Linderbaum going to the Ravens, but I like the pick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Loved the “AFC Champion Bengals” from Goodell. Wish it was “World Champs” though.
Reply/Quote
Love Dax Hill. I thought we'd have to trade up to get him.

Now quick, pull the Bates Tag and free up $13MIL
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
So, I think this kind of seals it. If Lapham had an eye in the draft room, he left with Lewis.

Lapham's prediction was Booth but that he probably wouldn't be there. He didn't even mention Hill, iirc. So the Bengals taking Hill over Booth is a big hit to Lapham's insider knowledge.
Reply/Quote
I mean, we all knew that we had to plan for Bates’ replacement, right? Here he is, and it’s solid. He can spend some time at safety and slot corner this year, then take over for Bates next season.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:32 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I wonder how Bates feels about that pick.

WTF?? LOL

Minnie took Cine
Reply/Quote
Like it. Not ecstatic but he’s certainly good.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Who Dey! Welcome Daxton Hill.
Reply/Quote
Well, probably the least exciting player I was hoping they would pick, but he’s a pretty good safety. Hope he becomes a good player for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
With all the great QBs in the AFC, it certainly helps to add more talent to the secondary
Reply/Quote
Still need a 3-technique badly. Hopefully we reach out to Larry O. again to see how he is coming along.

Also, amazing to see only one QB taken in the first round of the draft, at pick 20 no less!
Reply/Quote
Hill was often mocked to us in th draft forum. Solid pick. His versatility also means this pick isn't wasted if they can resign Bates. However, now Bates and his agent can't leverage us into overpaying.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:30 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yahoo is crap, a failed web browser trying to stay relevant, so I don't care.

Yahoo Sports app?

Can watch all bengals games for free.

No commercials during draft so I don't have to wait for announcements.

Plus Chris Collinsworth is on there
Reply/Quote
I like Jurgens center from Nebraska in round 2 if available
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Okay fun night. Time to hydrate. See you all tomorrow.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Who got the better between Hill and Cine?
Reply/Quote