Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-16-2021, 05:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Trent Williams or WR is really the only remaining big ticket items.

WR, yes. If they even think about going after Reiter (which they're probably not) he's gonna cost a penny too. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(03-16-2021, 05:14 PM)Cat-Man Wrote: A lot of people calling these moves lateral.  They could be.  Just spit balling here, but maybe part of the plan is to purge the system of "Marvin's guys"?

In some ways that makes sense, but in some ways it doesn't.  Because "Marvin's guys" are also "Duke's guys".

All we've seen of Taylor's guys is 6-25-1.

BW Webb
XSF
John Miller
Preston Brown
Josh Bynes
Ryan Finley
Germaine Pratt
Logan Wilson
Drew Sample
Michael Jordan

Other than the very very obvious pick of Joe Burrow (who Taylor's guys didn't protect), the only good play we've actually see pay off from "Taylor's guys" in 2 years now is Tee Higgins and Vonn Bell.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(03-16-2021, 05:14 PM)Cat-Man Wrote: A lot of people calling these moves lateral.  They could be.  Just spit balling here, but maybe part of the plan is to purge the system of "Marvin's guys"?

In some ways that makes sense, but in some ways it doesn't.  Because "Marvin's guys" are also "Duke's guys".

They are all Bengals.
(03-16-2021, 04:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

incredible value for a slot CB with grit.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(03-16-2021, 05:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: At some point they've got to pony up for 1 big ticket item though. 

Agree. You got the money - go get some protection for the main man. Although it seems that ship has sailed, kinda, but not totally. Need to make a move. SHould have already made a move.

Good to see Ross gone to NYG. We should call NYG and throw in a RT in the deal for cheap.

If Bengals can sign Hudson (Center) and maybe Samuel (WR), they still need RT, RG, LG, DE, LB, DT and a kicker.  In the draft, they may be get 2-3 starters if the stars align.  Assuming they get Sewell (RT), they may get  Dickerson, Creed, Meinerz (RG) in round 2.  Get either another guard or LB/DT in round 3.  It will be tough to fill the remaining needs via this draft alone .
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

(03-16-2021, 05:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Bengals can sign Hudson (Center) and maybe Samuel (WR), they still need RT, RG, LG, DE, LB, DT and a kicker.  In the draft, they may be get 2-3 starters if the stars align.  Assuming they get Sewell (RT), they may get  Dickerson, Creed, Meinerz (RG) in round 2.  Get either another guard or LB/DT in round 3.  It will be tough to fill the remaining needs via this draft alone .

I think Tobin saying they're going to be aggressive in FA meant day 3. However, Day 3 is not aggressive so we're stuck with the draft. There are some decent guys still out there but IMO, with Burrow, you want a wall.

Hudson, Donald Kelly, Gabe Jackson, Reiff, Reiter, still lots of guys out there for the OL.
(03-16-2021, 04:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, they have done pretty well at this point, at least compared to a lot of teams. Maybe not where we wanted but they have gotten solid players.

(03-16-2021, 05:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All we've seen of Taylor's guys is 6-25-1.

BW Webb
XSF
John Miller
Preston Brown
Josh Bynes
Ryan Finley
Germaine Pratt
Logan Wilson
Drew Sample
Michael Jordan

Other than the very very obvious pick of Joe Burrow (who Taylor's guys didn't protect), the only good play we've actually see pay off from "Taylor's guys" in 2 years now is Tee Higgins and Vonn Bell.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Linebacker core in year 3.

Germaine Pratt flip flopped from his rookie to sophomore season and I believe the big reason was the defensive line in front of him. In 2019 when he became the starter he was very good against the run but was up and down in coverage mostly down. In 2020 with the beat up defensive line in front of him he struggled against the run and took a step forward in coverage.

I really liked what how Captian Lou worked in his rookie linebacker Logan Wilson and ADG using them in 3rd down if it was 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 15 didnt matter. Both players were showing signs of being good additions to the defense by the end of the year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(03-16-2021, 05:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Tobin saying they're going to be aggressive in FA meant day 3. However, Day 3 is not aggressive so we're stuck with the draft. There are some decent guys still out there but IMO, with Burrow, you want a wall.

Actually tomorrow is Day 1 of FA 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-16-2021, 05:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hudson, Donald Kelly, Gabe Jackson, Reiff, Reiter, still lots of guys out there for the OL.

We better start making some calls. My gut tells me they have to take the Buick here in a few hours for their next ski trip to celebrate what they call a successful FA. While Burrow has to limp to his car and make his rehab appointment.

(03-16-2021, 05:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Tobin saying they're going to be aggressive in FA meant day 3. However, Day 3 is not aggressive so we're stuck with the draft. There are some decent guys still out there but IMO, with Burrow, you want a wall.

Bengals should sign a top WR because the market is tough and they should be able to swing a deal for a top Tier WR.  They could then focus on OL in this draft and maybe get a 4-5 rounder DE like Roche or a developmental DE.  Hopefully the LB group improves this year and that would leave for a late rounder DT.  It is possible to fill holes.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

(03-16-2021, 05:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually tomorrow is Day 1 of FA 

Well shit. Egg on face.

(03-16-2021, 05:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals should sign a top WR because the market is tough and they should be able to swing a deal for a top Tier WR.  They could then focus on OL in this draft and maybe get a 4-5 rounder DE like Roche or a developmental DE.  Hopefully the LB group improves this year and that would leave for a late rounder DT.  It is possible to fill holes.  

The problem is the Bengals seem to struggle developing rookiies or drafting good ones that have an immediate impact. We really need to do something about this line and sign guys to 2-3 year contracts and then make sure the guys we draft can play at the pro level. Relying on the draft to fill immediate openings is a crap shoot and doesn't seem to work well here.  

(03-16-2021, 05:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals should sign a top WR because the market is tough and they should be able to swing a deal for a top Tier WR.  They could then focus on OL in this draft and maybe get a 4-5 rounder DE like Roche or a developmental DE.  Hopefully the LB group improves this year and that would leave for a late rounder DT.  It is possible to fill holes.  

Both WR and OT are really deep in this Draft.

(03-16-2021, 05:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well shit. Egg on face.

Glad he told you that. FA hasn't even started yet and we already have an End that got 13.5 sacks last year and got one of the top 
Slot Corners and a good Zone Corner. Lots of OL are getting cut all over the place, quality OL for cap reasons. Don't fret just yet
Dog, last year we did the same thing and ended up getting a lot of proven players on D.

Damn injuries. Whatever
(03-16-2021, 12:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Reports are that signing him means they aren't bringing back WJIII

So 2 signings and 2 downgrades. 

Meanwhile Michael Jordan and Bobby Hart are slotted as starters still....

Good plan they have here

[Image: main-qimg-fc2a4625d71783a9e7475fce1623ac...50x270.jpg]

(03-16-2021, 06:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: main-qimg-fc2a4625d71783a9e7475fce1623ac...50x270.jpg]

I mean the Hendrickson beef I get. However they basically took what they Jackson was “commanding” and split it between two starting CBs. That’s actually not bad. Still sucks no Oline, but hey we will see.
(03-16-2021, 05:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Both WR and OT are really deep in this Draft.

Glad he told you that. FA hasn't even started yet and we already have an End that got 13.5 sacks last year and got one of the top 
Slot Corners and a good Zone Corner. Lots of OL are getting cut all over the place, quality OL for cap reasons. Don't fret just yet
Dog, last year we did the same thing and ended up getting a lot of proven players on D.

Damn injuries. Whatever

Honestly, I had horse blinders on in legal tampering thing. Like many, you just want to see Burrow protected this year. Last year was like watching your wife raped over and over while the authorities were present and did nothing about it while you were chained to a post as Burrow got repeatedly slammed to the ground. Yeah, I think I explained that right.