Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread***
(01-14-2020, 02:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: At this stage of his career, absolutely.

- He has 3 titles to Jordan's 6, yes, but 1 was NOT on a stacked team (all of Jordan's were)
- Outside of scoring, he has better numbers than MJ across the board... and even then, the scoring numbers are insane.
- He can play 1-5 and be among the best in the league at each position. Jordan could never play C and possibly, not even PF.

When people were calling Lebron the best after 1 championship on a stacked team in Miami, that was presumptuous, but after 2 more (again, 1 being in Cleveland), more Finals appearances, more MVPs and just his ability to adapt and stay relevant in today's game, he's absolutely better than Jordan, IMO.

Chamberlain is still the best ever, IMO, but that's an argument for another day Wink

LMAO oh man how wrong you are.  Where do we even start?  The entire NBA has changed and defenses are very limited to what they can do in the modern-day game.  Jordan retired during his prime came back and then won another 3 years.  I watched both in their primes and both are great players, but I don't think Lebron would have been in the top 3 players in the league if he played during that generation.  

I mean how can you even talk stats, look at the accolades alone, Jordan Doubles nearly everything he has accomplished by the age Lebron is now and that's missing two years when he played baseball.  Facts are facts and he did more in a shorter time vs tougher competition 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: LMAO oh man how wrong you are.  Where do we even start?  The entire NBA has changed and defenses are very limited to what they can do in the modern-day game.  Jordan retired during his prime came back and then won another 3 years.  I watched both in their primes and both are great players, but I don't think Lebron would have been in the top 3 players in the league if he played during that generation.  

I mean how can you even talk stats, look at the accolades alone, Jordan Doubles nearly everything he has accomplished by the age Lebron is now and that's missing two years when he played baseball.  Facts are facts and he did more in a shorter time vs tougher competition 

Don't want to derail entirely, but I'm not wrong; neither of us is correct, these are just our opinions.

Doesn't double anything save for a team statistic (championships) and one had stacked teams, arguably the best ever, while the other's teams weren't even in the top 10 ever.

Let's leave it at this, 'cause again, I don't want to derail. I feel Lebron is, you feel he isn't. Agree to disagree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If Jordan had ANY of the sports medicine, training, gear, doctors, anything compared to what had LeBron this wouldn't be a question. The fact he did all of this without it, is insane. I didn't even grow up with Jordan, and I know he is the goat. LeBron is the king of patting stats in the 4th quarter being up by 20.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:28 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If we franchise or sign AJ WR isn't a need S is a bigger need than WR

I lack faith that AJ will come back 100% and play a full season. Also John Ross needs to go - one of the worst receivers in the NFL at actually playing the position of wide receiver. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: I lack faith that AJ will come back 100% and play a full season. Also John Ross needs to go - one of the worst receivers in the NFL at actually playing the position of wide receiver. 

Kickoff return? 
Reply/Quote
Without watching any college football all year, here were my main takeaways on Joe.

-Joe has the best deep ball we may have ever seen. The one ball that #1 dropped in the endzone was right on the outside shoulder. He overthrew one pass from what I remember, but it wasn't by much.

-He has accuracy too, he placed it right where it needed to be on the slants. I'm excited to get away from the Andy Dalton high passes that get our receivers murdered.

-Joe Burrow can take a shot and get back up. The LB that got booted from the game was a mauler, and that hit looked painful.

-Joe's best feature is that he salvages every yard possible. He turns a -8 yard sack into a -2 yard sack. He will turn a covered pass into a 7 yard gain with his legs. He finds a way to find guys downfield in a way that other QBs can't imitate.

I believe Joe will have some growing pains because NFL CBs are way better than the guys he has been facing. He puts up a lot of 50/50 balls, but his receivers are really good. Honestly, it points to the need for AJ or someone else early in the draft this upcoming year.

The draw call on 3rd down with no timeouts was the best playcall I think I have ever seen. It was the most unexpected call and they executed perfectly. Impressive.

Oh, and since I saw the debate on here... Trevor Lawrence is highly overrated in my book. Granted I've only seen one game, but I didn't like what I saw. He looks like a guy they would try to convert to WR in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I fully expect the Stealers to either 1) tank the whole next season to get in a position where they can move up just a few spots to take #1, or 2) trade the farm to get the Clemson hippie. No way are they going to roll with Mason Rudolph in a Division with Burrow, Jackson and Mayfield.

They had that opportunity this year but instead traded for Fitzpatrick and pushed for the playoffs yet again.
I just don't see them trying to tank intentionally. They are too prideful of an organization.

Why do you think they'll roll with Mason Rudolph?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Roethlisberger should be back for next season as the starting QB.
They can (and may) draft a QB in Rd 2 this year to groom behind Roethlisberger.
It shouldn't be assumed at all that Rudolph will see the field after this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:30 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: If Jordan had ANY of the sports medicine, training, gear, doctors, anything compared to what had LeBron this wouldn't be a question. The fact he did all of this without it, is insane. I didn't even grow up with Jordan, and I know he is the goat. LeBron is the king of patting stats in the 4th quarter being up by 20.

It's not a question. LeBron has freak athletic ability for a big man but if you need a bucket or a stop on D, Jordan is easily the guy you want on your team. LeBron is the sheep Jordan is the goat.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:05 PM)Okeana Wrote: Uh, I think Burrow is plenty humble.  Sure he has self-confidence, but he always puts his team before himself and understands his own faults so he can work on them which may actually be the definition of humble.  Lebron has never put anyone before himself.

1.) Comparing Someone to Lebron is not a bad thing
2.) Burrow has an ego which isn't a bad thing
3.) Lebron is the ultimate team player and is one of the most charitable people in the world. Just because he lead Cleveland to a title doesn't make him a bad person. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's obvious now based off of Administration statements there was no imminent threat. I don't think that's an argument any longer.

The only argument now is are our interest overseas safer now then they were before the killing? That's to be debated.

Trump lied about the reasons behind the strike, but we all should have sensed that.

You lost bro?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:45 PM)HuDey Wrote: It's not a question. LeBron has freak athletic ability for a big man but if you need a bucket or a stop on D, Jordan is easily the guy you want on your team. LeBron is the sheep Jordan is the goat.

Andre Iguodala thinks LeBron is pretty good at getting stops on D...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's obvious now based off of Administration statements there was no imminent threat. I don't think that's an argument any longer.

The only argument now is are our interest overseas safer now then they were before the killing? That's to be debated.

Trump lied about the reasons behind the strike, but we all should have sensed that. I believed when it came to military action being taken on that level there was an adult in the room who understood the Constitution and International laws and so I supported. It's clear there is no adult in the room.

Dude you’re in JN...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They had that opportunity this year but instead traded for Fitzpatrick and pushed for the playoffs yet again.
I just don't see them trying to tank intentionally. They are too prideful of an organization.

Why do you think they'll roll with Mason Rudolph?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Roethlisberger should be back for next season as the starting QB.
They can (and may) draft a QB in Rd 2 this year to groom behind Roethlisberger.
It shouldn't be assumed at all that Rudolph will see the field after this year.

Fitz is playing in Miami.....
I said they "Won't" roll with Rudolph...
Rapistberger is old and not good enough to carry them anymore. Him, Brady, Brees…. all going to be done in a year or 2....
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I see your Pete Maravich and raise you a Bob Cousy Wink

And I see your Cousy and raise you Larry Bird....
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 03:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fitz is playing in Miami.....
I said they "Won't" roll with Rudolph...
Rapistberger is old and not good enough to carry them anymore. Him, Brady, Brees…. all going to be done in a year or 2....

Minkah Fitzpatrick, not Ryan Fitzpatrick.

EDIT - Also, I don't think you are understanding my point and/or I'm misunderstanding yours.
I know you said they WON'T roll with Rudolph. Because you mentioned rolling with Rudolph but referenced a QB (Lawrence) who can't be drafted (at least) for another year, I assumed you meant rolling with Rudolph for 1 more year.

I'm saying they still have Roethlisberger for another 1-2 years and they can draft a QB in the 2nd round in 2020 draft rather than wait until 2021, as they aren't the tanking type. They are going to need the 1st overall pick to get Lawrence and their team is too good to have the worst record in the NFL.
Also, I'm not sure why you think Roethlisberger can't carry the team anymore, as he had over 5000 yards and 34 TDs back in 2018. He didn't even finish two games in 2019, so even though his stats were down, I don't think that's nearly enough time to determine if he's not good enough or not.

I think Roethlisberger is, if anything, enough to bridge the gap and push for the playoffs while they groom another QB for the next 1-2 years. And I think that QB comes in this draft as opposed to the 2021 draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I was all in on Joe until i discovered he wears his hats backwards:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMpvTpHAeeMbfH9lit59N...2I3Dbnvc&s]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If Joe Burrow is reading this message board, or any member of his family and friends. I just want you to know that all Joe needs to tell me to jump, and i will ask how high. If Papa Burrow needs rides to the game, I'll drive up from NJ for the games. I'm all in on this kid, and he hasn't been announced yet.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 03:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was all in on Joe until i discovered he wears his hats backwards:

I don't know why he is wearing a hat, give this man a ***** crown.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: At this stage of his career, absolutely.

- He has 3 titles to Jordan's 6, yes, but 1 was NOT on a stacked team (all of Jordan's were)
- Outside of scoring, he has better numbers than MJ across the board... and even then, the scoring numbers are insane.
- He can play 1-5 and be among the best in the league at each position. Jordan could never play C and possibly, not even PF.

When people were calling Lebron the best after 1 championship on a stacked team in Miami, that was presumptuous, but after 2 more (again, 1 being in Cleveland), more Finals appearances, more MVPs and just his ability to adapt and stay relevant in today's game, he's absolutely better than Jordan, IMO.

Chamberlain is still the best ever, IMO, but that's an argument for another day Wink

EDIT: Just for a very quick, dirty comparison.

Lebron:

RPG  APG SPG BPG TPG FPG PPG   FG% 3P% FT%
7.4   7.3  1.6   0.8  3.5  1.8  27.1  .504 .344  .735

MJ:

RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FPG PPG    FG% 3P% FT%
6.2  5.3  2.3  0.8   2.7  2.6  30.1   .497 .327  .835

Pure scorer, MJ wins. All-around, Lebron wins.

MJ was an amazing defender which was overshadowed by his offensive awesomeness. 

MJ had an incredible killer instinct and drive at the highest elite level.

MJ >> Lebron 

For that matter, I would take a Larry Bird in his prime over Lebron. Because look at Birds numbers way back in the day when defense was way more nastier than todays modern softer rules.

p.s. welcome back to the boards
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 03:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was all in on Joe until i discovered he wears his hats backwards:

Dalton doesn't though... So you've got that.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote