Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread***
(01-14-2020, 01:55 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I am liking this thread - good to know I am not the only one who’s “fan girling” on Burrow tonight

He’ll sell tickets and jerseys. Paul Brown Stadium certainly won’t be empty.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
His delivery time is just off the charts, it's like a lazer shot
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Absolutely. I don’t care how the Bengals do it, either: Draft, trade, and/or free agency. Joe Mixon and Giovani Bernard need better blocking too; this isn’t just about better pass protection.

True, every season it’s clear that the Oline is the problem yet when the draft rolls around everyone gets obsessed over these skill players. If we take a Burrow at #1 fine but they better do some magic with that Oline this off season.
Reply/Quote
How does Sean Payton not have a coaching tree in the NFL, but Marvin Lewis does?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:55 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I am liking this thread - good to know I am not the only one who’s “fan girling” on Burrow tonight

I’d argue it isn’t even fan girl ish

It’s not like we’re making shit up. Dude is literally playing this good
Reply/Quote
Anyone want Shawn Michaels there on the team?
Reply/Quote

How can you not?

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:59 AM)TKUHL Wrote: True, every season it’s clear that the Oline is the problem yet when the draft rolls around everyone gets obsessed over these skill players. If we take a Burrow at #1 fine but they better do some magic with that Oline this off season.

That’s where I am too. Joe Burrow is the 2020 version of Carson Palmer but do you remember who was the second pick in 2003? Eric Steinbach. There are lots of great offensive line free agents available this offseason, too.
Reply/Quote
Burrow’s idol is Brees. BTFU! Even better
Reply/Quote
Everyone hyping Justin Jefferson should watch this game. Jefferson has struggled badly against tight man coverage tonight. He is a slot receiver that makes his money against zone. The Bengals already have that guy in Tyler Boyd what they need is outside receivers that can beat press and off man.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Well damn I killed another thread
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Absolutely.  I don’t care how the Bengals do it, either: Draft, trade, and/or free agency.  Joe Mixon and Giovani Bernard need better blocking too; this isn’t just about better pass protection.

I dunno..when you draft the guy with the best season ever in passing stats it's kind of nice to be able to protect him.. I'd kind of like both if I had my rathers.. Run blocking and pass protection combined...what a concept, eh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:01 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Anyone want Shawn Michaels there on the team?

I think I’m cute. I know I’m sexy.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:04 AM)Synric Wrote: Everyone hyping Justin Jefferson should watch this game. Jefferson has struggled badly against tight man coverage tonight. He is a slot receiver that makes his money against zone. The Bengals already have that guy in Tyler Boyd what they need is outside receivers that can beat press and off man.

Yeah, shine has come off him a bit tonight.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:01 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Anyone want Shawn Michaels there on the team?

The Heartbreak Kid?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:05 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think I’m cute. I know I’m sexy.

You see #1 do that jump up to his feet like Michaels  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Lawrence just folded in this half.
Reply/Quote
BALL GAME!!!

We’re drafting a national champion, folks!

Reply/Quote
Lawrence who?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Drafr round 1 Burrow
Round 2 LB
Round 3a OL
Round 3b LB
Round 4 OL
Still Safety will be a weakness but we should still be a playoff team as long as the people we draft are productive starters.
Reply/Quote