Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official UDFA signinga
WR - Cole Burgess is an intriguing prospect. His pro day ras numbers are kind of insane. Our starting 6 WR seem pretty set but he could definitely make a play for the PS.

40-Yard Dash - 4.45
10-Yard Dash - 1.43 (Fastest at combine was 1.47 and Xavier Worthy was 1.49)
Short Shuttle - 4.23
3 cone - 6.72
Broad Jump - 11'5″
Vertical - 41.5″
Bench Press - 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOABd6M0Mg
Reply/Quote
We took a lot of guys who were very athletic, very productive, and/or team leaders. That seems to be our type.

McNamara (P) is top 10 all-time in NCAA punting average and has the school record at Texas Tech.

Burgess (WR) had insane testing numbers to go along with 87 for 1,375 and 16 TDs at SUNY.

Blazek (DE) made the "Freaks List" in addition to being a three time team Captain, Div III 1st team all american, team MVP, with 19.5 sacks in 32 games.

Grandy (TE) waa a consensus 1st team all FCS all-american.

Jules (SS) finished 6th in the voting for the nation's top FCS defender.

Dowell (SS) was rated as the #1 Ohio S coming out of high school.

Casey (LB), Njongmeta (LB), Cain (LSU/Penn State), and Collins (Ok. St) were all pretty productive at big time schools and play positions where there is a realistic roster path.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 11:18 PM)jj22 Wrote:

Reign me in...  Burton looks electric.  Moves different than the others
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 01:02 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Reign me in...  Burton looks electric.  Moves different than the others

Well, 1st round talent vs UDFA 's...
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 03:44 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: WR - Cole Burgess is an intriguing prospect. His pro day ras numbers are kind of insane. Our starting 6 WR seem pretty set but he could definitely make a play for the PS.

40-Yard Dash - 4.45
10-Yard Dash - 1.43 (Fastest at combine was 1.47 and Xavier Worthy was 1.49)
Short Shuttle - 4.23
3 cone - 6.72
Broad Jump - 11'5″
Vertical - 41.5″
Bench Press - 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOABd6M0Mg

Nice Memphis, those are insane numbers, Burgess must be incredibly quick to have that fast of a 10 yard dash!  Shocked

(05-11-2024, 11:13 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We took a lot of guys who were very athletic, very productive, and/or team leaders. That seems to be our type.

McNamara (P) is top 10 all-time in NCAA punting average and has the school record at Texas Tech.

Burgess (WR) had insane testing numbers to go along with 87 for 1,375 and 16 TDs at SUNY.

Blazek (DE) made the "Freaks List" in addition to being a three time team Captain, Div III 1st team all american, team MVP, with 19.5 sacks in 32 games.

Grandy (TE) waa a consensus 1st team all FCS all-american.

Jules (SS) finished 6th in the voting for the nation's top FCS defender.

Dowell (SS) was rated as the #1 Ohio S coming out of high school.

Casey (LB), Njongmeta (LB), Cain (LSU/Penn State), and Collins (Ok. St) were all pretty productive at big time schools and play positions where there is a realistic roster path.

Thanks Ike. Makes me feel a lot better about this UDFA class. Besides McNamara they have a lot in front of them though which is a great
thing. Burgess, Blazek, Jules and Casey all seem intriguing. Noah Cain seems like the one with the least in front of him after McNamara, 
Evans could be on his way out.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 01:02 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Reign me in...  Burton looks electric.  Moves different than the others

I didn't see anything he did that was special?
I was really impressed by Jackson tho, #68. He can scoot for a 330lbs person! 
Jenkins looked smooth too!
Reply/Quote
I want to see Noah Cain in preseason. He's a power back with a nasty running style - basically a battering ram. I think he has a real chance of making the team. He just needs to be coached into the "one cut then go" decisive approach to running.
Reply/Quote
Definitely liking some of these guys the more I become familiarized with them.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 09:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I didn't see anything he did that was special?
I was really impressed by Jackson tho, #68. He can scoot for a 330lbs person! 
Jenkins looked smooth too!

Yes, McKinnley and Kris look in great shape for big Defensive Tackles. Mind boggling.

I think we are going to be much better at stopping the run this year.

(05-12-2024, 03:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: I want to see Noah Cain in preseason. He's a power back with a nasty running style - basically a battering ram. I think he has a real chance of making the team. He just needs to be coached into the "one cut then go" decisive approach to running.

Nice, what is Noah Cain's number again?
Reply/Quote
The more I watch whatever film I can find this isn't a bad class at all for what we need and were there is a chance to stick at some of the positions.

RB,
OT,
WR
LB
CB

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 02:46 PM)pally Wrote: If I counted correctly, there are still 3 open slots to reach 90 but I'm sure roster guru Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 will let us know for sure''

Apparently Lance Robinson and Chase have been friends since they were 5.. Thats pretty neat.. best of luck
Reply/Quote