Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official minicamp news and notes thread
Billy price limited drills
Sam Hubbard class of the dline.
Reply/Quote
Quinton Flowers has moved full time to RB. Watch his highlights in college and you'll see why. Incredible vision. Sure he'll see reps in the return game as well. Dark horse to make the 53 as the 4th RB.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:57 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Billy price limited drills
Sam Hubbard class of the dline.

Keep it coming.  I eat this shit up.  Bengals are doing football things.   Who Dey!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 07:04 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Quinton Flowers has moved full time to RB. Watch his highlights in college and you'll see why. Incredible vision. Sure he'll see reps in the return game as well. Dark horse to make the 53 as the 4th RB.

With Flowers being an accomplished QB, having him in the game could provide for some interesting gadget play opportunities.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 07:06 PM)McC Wrote: Keep it coming.  I eat this shit up.  Bengals are doing football things.   Who Dey!

LOL it’s a feel good year thus far.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 09:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Flowers being an accomplished QB, having him in the game could provide for some interesting gadget play opportunities.

That would be fun!
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 09:58 AM)Domata94 Wrote: That would be fun!

I used to love how Jay Gruden incorporated gadget plays into the offense.  It gives opposing defenses an extra wrinkle to always be prepared for.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 10:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I used to love how Jay Gruden incorporated gadget plays into the offense.  It gives opposing defenses an extra wrinkle to always be prepared for.

Gadget plays are good. However, there were times I think we ran too many.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 09:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Flowers being an accomplished QB, having him in the game could provide for some interesting gadget play opportunities.

The New Sanu?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 10:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Gadget plays are good. However, there were times I think we ran too many.

Remember when the wildcat formation took off all over the league after (think it was the Dolphins) ran it pretty extensively probably almost 10 years ago?
Reply/Quote
Tongue 
Did Moritz play in Minicamp?
Reply/Quote
So this thread is official? It has been sanctioned by the league and the team and the board mods and owners ?  Well, I for one feel much better as I just can't see myself posting in an unsanctioned training mini-camp thread..  That would be breaking with tradition and going rogue .
This is me officially being a bit of a jerk, but at least I'm sanctioned . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 02:33 PM)Zombies0101 Wrote: Did Moritz play in Minicamp?

Yeah he is mini Camp.. he did not get glowing reviews.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(05-12-2018, 05:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yeah he is mini Camp.. he did not get glowing reviews.

thanks, well new position...at least he might be our fastest TE....hopefully not on his way out
Reply/Quote
How did Woodside look?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 10:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Gadget plays are good. However, there were times I think we ran too many.

Oh, I hear ya loud and clear.  Like when they ran the piss out of that formation where the ends and tackles split out wide?  Only takes a few examples on film, in order for a DC to prepare for it.  A good gadget play shouldn't be repeated for at least half a season.  That's why the masters are said to have a "bag of tricks", as compared to the mundane being "one trick ponies".

I would be excited to see a return of counters and traps as a regular thing in the rushing attack.  Even if you have the best straight ahead blockers, the guys across the line are professionals just the same.  Gotta always have something else to go to, when the regular get's stalemated.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
3 receiver screen was one that they killed. That's a terrific play and has gained us substantial gains, for awhile. Then teams figured out how to defend, but we kept running it. SMH!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 07:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, I hear ya loud and clear.  Like when they ran the piss out of that formation where the ends and tackles split out wide?  Only takes a few examples on film, in order for a DC to prepare for it.  A good gadget play shouldn't be repeated for at least half a season.  That's why the masters are said to have a "bag of tricks", as compared to the mundane being "one trick ponies".

I would be excited to see a return of counters and traps as a regular thing in the rushing attack.  Even if you have the best straight ahead blockers, the guys across the line are professionals just the same.  Gotta always have something else to go to, when the regular get's stalemated.

One of the keys to gadget plays is knowing how to set up the defense for them and when to run it. I'm anxious to see what Lazor brings to the table.
Reply/Quote
Sam Hubbard and defensive line coach Jacob Burney were two of the last to leave practice. Burney coaching him the whole way, stopping at times to demonstrate what he was saying. #Bengals https://t.co/oGFhgiNJCy

Price alsoo stayed a half hour over.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 07:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, I hear ya loud and clear.  Like when they ran the piss out of that formation where the ends and tackles split out wide?  Only takes a few examples on film, in order for a DC to prepare for it.  

Well, tbh the thing about that play was that they'd get into that formation, and if it looked like the Defense was ready for it, Andy would call them back in and reset..... nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Reply/Quote