Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official minicamp news and notes thread
(05-15-2018, 10:35 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Loath gadget plays.  We end up looking stupid more times than not and I can’t remember the last time gadget plays out points on the board for us.

Sanu to Green TD
Sanu to Dalton TD
etc....
Reply/Quote
Bump.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 10:53 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think someone would need to be cut for Flowers to make 53 roster though

Nah, he can make it as the 4th RB...

Mixon, Gio, Walton, Flowers
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 07:06 PM)McC Wrote: Keep it coming.  I eat this shit up.  Bengals are doing football things.   Who Dey!

[Image: w881pXU.gif]

I'm pumped for all of this and eating it all up because we have a whole new culture (it seems like).

I'm PUMPED to see how aggressive our defense is and how much of a nightmare guys like Hubbard will be with Geno wrecking havoc from the tackle spot.

I don't remember the last time that I was THIS excited for the season!
Reply/Quote
This thread needs to be renamed to MIGHTY CAMP.. what the hemp is this "MINI CAMP" doo-doo, sounds so wimpy. Are we going for a Super Bowl or a summer fun camp?
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2018, 08:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: w881pXU.gif]

I'm pumped for all of this and eating it all up because we have a whole new culture (it seems like).

I'm PUMPED to see how aggressive our defense is and how much of a nightmare guys like Hubbard will be with Geno wrecking havoc from the tackle spot.

I don't remember the last time that I was THIS excited for the season!

I can almost picture you going through the trash cans outside of convenience stores digging out all the old lottery tickets saying, "I KNOW THE WINNING TICKET IS IN HERE! IT JUST HAS TO BE!"  Ninja
Temper those expectations Brad.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ is sitting out the rest of Mini Camp just in case. He isn't injured though so good news.

Eifert was back out there so more good news. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2018, 08:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: w881pXU.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Hilarious

Lol, thanks for the laugh guys, probably my favorite part in Happy Gilmore, that and the Price is wrong Bob. Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2018, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious

Lol, thanks for the laugh guys, probably my favorite part in Happy Gilmore, that and the Price is wrong Bob. Cool

Chubs : "I took up  golf because my mom wouldn't sign the permission form for me to play football"
Happy: "How'd that work out for ya"
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, make adjustments appropriately.

Hopefully Lazor can do this. Seems to have the players for it. Watched some highlights of Quinton Flowers.

I think he makes the team with his versatility and natural ability to watch a play develop. Could see us using him
in our new run pass option Offense at times with Dalton lining up at Receiver. Andy Dalton 1 target, 1 catch 1 TD.

TE screen is much more effective anyways.

Hubbard could be really good man, he has crazy upside and is very smart listening to him speak.

Had a 2nd round grade on him, couldn't believe he was there for us in the 3rd. Cool

Saw Hubbard a few times playing free S for Moeller ( he was All state).........he's got really good AWARENESS. Not real "explosive" but he KNOWS just what's up. He seems ideal as a DE/LB hybrid
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2018, 08:23 PM)BFrit Wrote: I don't remember the last time that I was THIS excited for the season!

Probably 2010 Nervous
Reply/Quote
To Redwood, i heard something about Hubbard playing Safety. Sure sounds like he would be better at
dropping back in coverage than Lawson who seems to be a pure pass rusher. Love hearing about the
versatility of Hubbard, good stuff.

To be All State as well at Safety means he would probably be even much more than serviceable playing a
hybrid role.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2018, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious

STill one of the funniest scenes in any movie.  "Yeah, who won that fight anyway"
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 11:42 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Saw Phillips had what looked to be an int and potential return for 6.

Will be disappointed if he doesn’t make the regular season roster. Something special about him.

It looks like Phillips is having a good spring getting his hands on a quite few passes including a couple of picks...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Phillips set College football record for returns with 12. so he's definitely a play maker . a little on the small side but his instincts are off the charts
Reply/Quote
How has Logan Woodside looked, or has he not taken any meaningful snaps?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2018, 09:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: STill one of the funniest scenes in any movie.  "Yeah, who won that fight anyway"

Bob Barker lol
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To Redwood, i heard something about Hubbard playing Safety. Sure sounds like he would be better at
dropping back in coverage than Lawson who seems to be a pure pass rusher. Love hearing about the
versatility of Hubbard, good stuff.

To be All State as well at Safety means he would probably be even much more than serviceable playing a
hybrid role.

Yeah and Moeller won State Champs that year.  Hubbard seemed to read the play well.  I think he'd thrive as a hybrid LB/DE because of his pas cover experience.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2018, 03:55 PM)redwood Wrote: Yeah and Moeller won State Champs that year.  Hubbard seemed to read the play well.  I think he'd thrive as a hybrid LB/DE because of his pas cover experience.

He's a bit bulkier than he was a few years ago.  It's a different game in the NFL, let's just see if he can pick up RBs crossing his face, before dropping him into coverage versus TEs and Slot receivers.

I'm not trying to discount Sam's ability or football IQ, as he's got about as good a football resume as you'll find in a rookie player.  I'm just saying that there is likely a good reason that he made his way all the way to DL, and didn't stick at LB in college. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote