Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi continues to improve
(08-20-2017, 09:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I suspect that we will hear something from the team this week, along the lines of "Trust the process".  While that may seem like a popular thing to say, we, as fans, have trusted the process.  We've trusted the Paul Alexander process so many times, and we know how this story plays out.  

While you're not the first one to call for a change of OL coach, you're certainly not alone in that sentiment.

At this point the Bengals need to do something, NOW.  Whatever it takes, they need to do something out of character, drastic.  Perhaps inspire some sort of deal that sends McCarron and Ogbuehi away, and brings in a starting quality Tackle.  Even if it is one of those crazy 3 team sort of deals, whatever it takes.

Agreed Sunset

And to me that's the thing that all the Ogbuehi apologists and trouble over lookers fail to understand or ignore. We don't have time for "a process" !

The core of this team isn't getting any younger. Injuries, players leaving, skills eroding of the 6 or 8 core is just around the corner. The time for this team is NOW, next season at the latest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed Sunset

And to me that's the thing that all the Ogbuehi apologists and trouble over lookers fail to understand or ignore. We don't have time for "a process" !

The core of this team isn't getting any younger. Injuries, players leaving, skills eroding of the 6 or 8 core is just around the corner. The time for this team is NOW, next season at the latest.

They gambled with Ced, Fisher and OG no doubt. I would love to grab an all pro OT from my money and free agent money tree in the backyard. Oh wait, there are no all pro LT's available (don't say B/ Albert unless he wants to earn a future contract by signing a cheap one year deal as he is a huge gamble as well). After last night I am as concerned about RG and RT as I am Ced. on the other side.

But, it was a preseason game so hopefully by week one the DL and OL is ready. Based on last night, we should all be asking for all pro DL too because they were horrid as well. But I have faith the DL figures it by week 1.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is just not true. I thought you knew football better than this. Tom Brady has fewer YPA that Andy. 

Like I said some folks have their minds made up and nothing is going to change it. Teams work quick passes early in PS, just like basketball players start with layup drills. But if you've got an agenda; you'll ignore this and go with what fits. 

Andy has a higher YPA in this preseason than he does in his career average. Musta spent a career covering for Whit.

This  ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I could make an offensive line from Gosder Cherilus, Nick Mangold, Ryan Clady, Michael Oher, Austin Pazstor, and Sebastian Vollmer who are all free agents. That line could be better than what we have now.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is just not true. I thought you knew football better than this. Tom Brady has fewer YPA that Andy. 

Like I said some folks have their minds made up and nothing is going to change it. Teams work quick passes early in PS, just like basketball players start with layup drills. But if you've got an agenda; you'll ignore this and go with what fits. 

Andy has a higher YPA in this preseason than he does in his career average. Musta spent a career covering for Whit.

I am just not sure if some of the bloggers on here actually watched the game last nite.. this idea that we just threw quick passes is crazy..

First lets clear up something on football now vs the old days of QB.. Today many plays are run out of shot gun, so you are already 3 to 5 yards off the line.. so if you do a 7 step drop, you are now probably 10 to 12 yards behind the line before you throw the ball, this does not happen much at all.  So a 3 to 4 step drop out of shot gun is a 7 step drop under center.. and this is what many teams do now.  

so i looked at the tape, i believe Andy attempted to pass 15 plays, out of those plays I saw 1 to 2 passes what i would consider take snap and throw the ball.. most of his passes were a mix of a 3 to 4 step drop from shot gun, roll out passes that take a few seconds to develop etc.. 

He also threw the ball downfield, i believe out of the 15 plays he attempted 4/5 passes over 10 yards, his sack was a play action with a 3 to 4 step drop from shot gun (not a quick pass), so over a third of the plays were throws or designed throws over 10 yards.  

The funny part is what probably could have been a score but for sure a big gain was a 3 step slant to AJ Green that was dropped.. so a semi quick pass that should have went for a big gain. 
Reply/Quote

I sincerely appreciate your positive outlook on this. I'm not hellbent on the idea that Ced will always play poorly. I'm just gunshy. I want Ced to be good and pan out. I'm just not ready to buy in until I see him performing well in the regular season.
Reply/Quote