Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi expected to be activated
With Dennard's aparently season ending shoulder injury the word on the street is that Ogbuehi is expected to be activated. We have until Monday to make the decision on him and Sean Porter. Part of me is saying great lets see what that first round draftpick does but with all the dings on defense on Monday there is that idea that maybe we would be better off adding Porter. But he's a linebacker not a CB...but he can play the Lamur role on passing downs. At this point in the season Ogbuehi is not an upgrade over either OT, he should be an upgrade over Winston as a back-up...if he has picked up schemes.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm kind of curious if he can threaten Andre's job this year.

Andre has looked shaky the last few weeks (when he was in)
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:16 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm kind of curious if he can threaten Andre's job this year.

I doubt it simply because the O-line works together as a unit more than any other position.  It is hard to just plug in a guy like you can do at other positions.

Ogbuehi has not taken a single snap against an NFL defense ever.  Not even in a preseason game.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:14 PM)pally Wrote: With Dennard's aparently season ending shoulder injury the word on the street is that Ogbuehi is expected to be activated. We have until Monday to make the decision on him and Sean Porter. Part of me is saying great lets see what that first round draftpick does but with all the dings on defense on Monday there is that idea that maybe we would be better off adding Porter. But he's a linebacker not a CB...but he can play the Lamur role on passing downs. At this point in the season Ogbuehi is not an upgrade over either OT, he should be an upgrade over Winston as a back-up...if he has picked up schemes.

idk watching Smith play i think our first rounder should be able to move him to the bench
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:14 PM)pally Wrote: With Dennard's aparently season ending shoulder injury the word on the street is that Ogbuehi is expected to be activated.  We have until Monday to make the decision on him and Sean Porter.  Part of me is saying great lets see what that first round draftpick does but with all the dings on defense on Monday there is that idea that maybe we would be better off adding Porter.  But he's a linebacker not a CB...but he can play the Lamur role on passing downs.  At this point in the season Ogbuehi is not an upgrade over either OT, he should be an upgrade over Winston as a back-up...if he has picked up schemes.

Based off?

He's never played a down at this level, but he's going to be better than guys who have spent several years learning the position and playing together? I'm not seeing it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:16 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm kind of curious if he can threaten Andre's job this year.

I have always been an Andre Smith supporter, but his play in 2015 has been poor at times. He whiffed and always got AD killed Sunday night. He has started taken on the Gresham role.

Our rookie may have not worked with our OL, but I am not sure he could have done much worse than AS did the last game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Andre's play has been bad lately, but i doubt Og could just come in and play better without
disrupting the O-line as a whole. Hope he can but i doubt it without even playing an NFL snap
yet, big jump from college.

A year or two down the road i think he will be good, but not this season.
Reply/Quote
Kinda getting bored of this Andre Smith hate. He got beat a few times against a top 5 defence, so what. And when he has played before the Cardinals game he has been good. We have the leagues best LT in Whitworth and even he had his non sack streak ended Sunday. Andre is one of the best RTs in the league and our run game benefits massively with him in. We are spoilt as supporters because our line has been so good the last few years. People are acting as if Sunday was a disaster, it wasn't.

Reply/Quote
19 sacks allowed in the last 4 games = disaster. It isn't just Sunday night that set people off.

That said, Andre is not the main culprit. Sad to say the main culprits have been Bodine, Eifert and our RBs. All have repeatedly whiffed on blocks. Bodine has also revived the Eric Ghiacuc tradition of letting pass rushers come up the middle completely unblocked. They need to be looking RIGHT NOW at plans to get Bodine out if there is even one such play this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
19 sacks? Christ. We were leading the league with zero sacks and zero picks for a while.

I think something else has changed. Andy used to get the ball out quick and balls were going over the middle.

Andy Dalton on Fire = Ball out quick, no huddle or snapped with 15-20 seconds on playclock. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: 19 sacks allowed in the last 4 games = disaster. It isn't just Sunday night that set people off.

That said, Andre is not the main culprit. Sad to say the main culprits have been Bodine, Eifert and our RBs. All have repeatedly whiffed on blocks. Bodine has also revived the Eric Ghiacuc tradition of letting pass rushers come up the middle completely unblocked. They need to be looking RIGHT NOW at plans to get Bodine out if there is even one such play this Sunday.

Where on earth are you getting 19 from? It's 13. Not great, no but that averages out at just over 3 sacks a game. Far from perfect but what a lot of teams expect each week, and considering that's our bad patch I can live with it. Sure if it continues and or gets worse then I will change my tune. But this line played 8 straight lights out games. Allowing slightly more pressure isn't good, but it also shouldn't totally cripple a team with this much talent offensively. Part of this pressure is coming because teams now no there isn't a genuine running game threat. This team needs to do a better job of running the ball. 

Reply/Quote
CBS Sports said 19 on their Rams/Bengals game preview.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: CBS Sports said 19 on their Rams/Bengals game preview.

They are wrong, I actually went back and counted them. 19 is absurd, that's essentially 5 sacks a game, which is utter meltdown territory, we'd notice if that's happened.

Reply/Quote
12 sacks in the last 4 games guys...
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:37 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Where on earth are you getting 19 from? It's 13. Not great, no but that averages out at just over 3 sacks a game. Far from perfect but what a lot of teams expect each week, and considering that's our bad patch I can live with it. Sure if it continues and or gets worse then I will change my tune. But this line played 8 straight lights out games. Allowing slightly more pressure isn't good, but it also shouldn't totally cripple a team with this much talent offensively. Part of this pressure is coming because teams now no there isn't a genuine running game threat. This team needs to do a better job of running the ball. 

not all of those first 8 games were lights out by the OL
Reply/Quote
Looks like CBS bloopered. It is indeed 13 in the last 4, 10 in the last 3.

Which is still bad.
Reply/Quote
It would be interesting to also see how many times the pocket has broken down. The last two games it was breaking down constantly.
Reply/Quote
I'm not expecting all 9 OL to be active on game days. I'm really interested to see which uy gets put on the inactive list. I won't be surprised to see Ced on there for a week or two.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
C'mon, Pally - give your boy and friend of the board a link to that news :-)
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I prefer to watch the other two RTs get beaten like drums and Dalton run for his life while the Bengals 1st and 2nd round picks sit on the bench. Just like I love watching AJ Hawk and Rey Maualuga lying on the ground from missed tackles while their 4th round pick sits on the bench.

"No positions of need"! Keep drafting for benchwarmers! Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote