Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi-new position
Nothing wrong with this move. I always thought Ced was built to be LT. Hopefully Whit gives us one more year and Ced can ease into the role. Remember we moved Whit around for a couple years before he took over at LT.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have to pray and pay homage to the football gods that Whit never gets injured and can play until Ced retires or goes to different team.

WTH ! Not Andy's blind side. This could be a murderous act and believe it to be premeditated.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 11:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: We have to pray and pay homage to the football gods that Whit never gets injured and can play until Ced retires or goes to different team.

WTH !  Not Andy's blind side. This could be a murderous act and believe it to be premeditated.

Andy had better tapdance with joy over everything this organization and its lifetime-tenured contract coaches do or else he's a me-first cancer!  There, I said it. 
Reply/Quote
Probably the best thing for him at this point. Get him back where he is comfortable and let him rebuild his confidence. More importantly it's going to put him in a position of having Whit as a tutor. Why that's important is this; Whit has outstanding technique, some of the best in team history. Watch Whit some time and see how he uses his technique to compensate for his obvious lack of agility (for a Pro LT, not average Joe standards). For the longest time I thought Whit was constantly struggling, he looked so god awful and ungainly in his movements. His kick slide at first seemed to me to be frantic and as fluid as a rock. Then I started paying attention to how precise his technique is that allows him to compensate. Whit's footwork, hand placement and angles are consistent as clock work and put him where he needs to be regardless of how ugly he is getting there. That is the coaching Ced needs, he has athleticism in spades, but his technique looked fledgling at best.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I was expecting "Fetal".
Reply/Quote
What if..

it works

Reply/Quote
He struggled at LT in a spread offense in college where he gave up 7 sacks. But now he's going to be good? Ugh. He only played 1 year of LT that's it. One year. You guys are talking like hes been a fixture at the LT spot since junior high.
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi isn't just going to get nasty by moving to LT. He'll play patty cake and quit blocking 1 second into the play from the left as well.

But PA and ML will not admit they made a mistake. He'll be here 3 more years then be released and be out of the NFL.

D. Roland 2.0
Reply/Quote
They better not let whitworth go, he needs to retire a bengal. Not go somewhere else like willie anderson and bobbie williams.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 01:03 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He struggled at LT in a spread offense in college where he gave up 7 sacks. But now he's going to be good? Ugh. He only played 1 year of LT that's it. One year. You guys are talking like hes been a fixture at the LT spot since junior high.
He will be better at LT he was second team all American at that spot for a reason
(12-09-2016, 01:48 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ogbuehi isn't just going to get nasty by moving to LT. He'll play patty cake and quit blocking 1 second into the play from the left as well.

But PA and ML will not admit they made a mistake. He'll be here 3 more years then be released and be out of the NFL.

D. Roland 2.0
He will be a great LT he was second team all American at that spot for a reason he will be good.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 12:11 AM)Burma Wrote: Probably the best thing for him at this point.  Get him back where he is comfortable and let him rebuild his confidence.  More importantly it's going to put him in a position  of having Whit as a tutor.  Why that's important is this;  Whit has outstanding technique, some of the best in team history.  Watch Whit some time and see how he uses his technique to compensate for his obvious lack of agility (for a Pro LT, not average Joe standards).  For the longest time I thought Whit was constantly struggling, he looked so god awful and ungainly in his movements.  His kick slide at first seemed to me to be frantic and as fluid as a rock.  Then I started paying attention to how precise his technique is that allows him to compensate.   Whit's footwork, hand placement and angles are consistent as clock work and put him where he needs to be regardless of how ugly he is getting there.  That is the coaching Ced needs, he has athleticism in spades, but his technique looked fledgling at best.

My question is, why can't his COACH do this?

(12-09-2016, 12:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I was expecting "Fetal".

Zing! +1

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 09:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: My question is, why can't his COACH do this?

Zing! +1

I don't buy the he missed training camp so we can't correct his problems in season narrative for a nano second.

1. Was this season the first time he has ever played O-line ?

2. You can't tell me that in the entire 6 days between games they can't find even a few minutes here and there to go over game film and teach proper technique ?

3. It's a poor excuse for piss poor scouting, drafting, and being able to coach.
Reply/Quote

I think you already know the answer to this question.
Reply/Quote
What it really is and I've heard two or three announcers including Lap comment on this.

His desire, his guts, his heart, his indomitable spirit, his unwillingness to continue to get beat.

You can't teach these things, it's either there or it isn't. And with him it doesn't seem to be there. Lap was talking just the other night about how can he continue to just go out there and get ran over and appear to not care ? But the next play he does it again.

He said words to the effect of when is he going to man up and dig in and say you're not going to beat me this play ?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 12:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What it really is and I've heard two or three announcers including Lap comment on this.

His desire, his guts, his heart, his indomitable spirit, his unwillingness to continue to get beat.

You can't teach these things, it's either there or it isn't. And with him it doesn't seem to be there. Lap was talking just the other night about how can he continue to just go out there and get ran over and appear to not care ? But the next play he does it again.

He said words to the effect of when is he going to man up and dig in and say you're not going to beat me this play ?

Sure sounds like a major bust.

This does not sound good. If the guy doesn't even care there is no hope for him.
Reply/Quote

(12-09-2016, 11:46 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't buy the he missed training camp so we can't correct his problems in season narrative for a nano second.

1. Was this season the first time he has ever played O-line ?

2. You can't tell me that in the entire 6 days between games they can't find even a few minutes here and there to go over game film and teach proper technique ?

3. It's a poor excuse for piss poor scouting, drafting, and being able to coach.

Not all problems can be fixed by just pointing them out.   Some problems can only be solved by getting reps and experience.  There just are not many live reps in practice once the season starts.  It is mostly meeting room and walk throughs.

Ogbuehi looks like he needs to improve every facet of his game (strength, technique, mental recognition) but lack of mental recognition can make feet look slow, and if you are reacting or thinking before delivering a punch it is going to be weak.

But even with missing both training camps you would think Og would be better than he looked this year.  I am willing to give him another year to see if he gets a healthy training camp, but if his problem was just lack of experience you would think he would get a little better with several games under his belt. 

My final word on Og.  At this point in Andre Smith's career you same guys were claiming he was the biggest first round bust ever.
Reply/Quote
Give Og another year behind big Whit.  If he doesn't  look good after next season during backup duty, then let him move to another team or release.

I still think Bengals should draft another Center, OT high in next draft
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 03:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Give Og another year behind big Whit.  If he doesn't  look good after next season during backup duty, then let him move to another team or release.

I still think Bengals should draft another Center, OT high in next draft

elflien we should trade down to late teens get him and a extra 3rd first year at center won the Remington 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 01:03 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He struggled at LT in a spread offense in college where he gave up 7 sacks.   But now he's going to be good?  Ugh.  He only played 1 year of LT that's it. One year.  You guys are talking like hes been a fixture at the LT spot since junior high.

He gave up seven sacks in one year at the college level?  I remember when Andre Smith came out that he had given up one in something like 400 pass plays...
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 03:55 PM)Jpoore Wrote: elflien we should trade down to late teens get him and a extra 3rd first year at center won the Remington 

That would be great
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote