Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi-new position
(12-09-2016, 03:55 PM)Jpoore Wrote: elflien we should trade down to late teens get him and a extra 3rd first year at center won the Remington 

Not an extra 3rd. We are terrible drafting in the 3rd.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not an extra 3rd. We are terrible drafting in the 3rd.

That is going to change when we get a new head coach. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not all problems can be fixed by just pointing them out.   Some problems can only be solved by getting reps and experience.  There just are not many live reps in practice once the season starts.  It is mostly meeting room and walk throughs.

Ogbuehi looks like he needs to improve every facet of his game (strength, technique, mental recognition) but lack of mental recognition can make feet look slow, and if you are reacting or thinking before delivering a punch it is going to be weak.

But even with missing both training camps you would think Og would be better than he looked this year.  I am willing to give him another year to see if he gets a healthy training camp, but if his problem was just lack of experience you would think he would get a little better with several games under his belt. 

My final word on Og.  At this point in Andre Smith's career you same guys were claiming he was the biggest first round bust ever.

You and some others make training camp out to be totally make or break for someones playing ability. Yes training camp helps. But it is not like this is the first time these guys have ever practiced football. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not an extra 3rd. We are terrible drafting in the 3rd.

then the 4th we got Billings and Atkins there in recent memory doesn't matter we just need to get eifling that makes our line way better he's a naturally aggressive run blocker. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 06:12 PM)Tomkat Wrote: LT?  He's going to get Dalton KILLED.

Not necessarily. Think about it, Dalton will now know that pressure/free rusher will always be coming from his blind side. He'll just instinctively know to immediately roll out to the right side and pray that the pass rusher isn't fast.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 05:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You and some others make training camp out to be totally make or break for someones playing ability. Yes training camp helps. But it is not like this is the first time these guys have ever practiced football. 

Even the best college players need to adapt to the NFL game.
Reply/Quote
Let's be honest-backup left tackle is probably his best position. Ogbuehi will probably remain a backup LT for the rest of his career.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 11:46 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't buy the he missed training camp so we can't correct his problems in season narrative for a nano second.

1. Was this season the first time he has ever played O-line ?

2. You can't tell me that in the entire 6 days between games they can't find even a few minutes here and there to go over game film and teach proper technique ?

3. It's a poor excuse for piss poor scouting, drafting, and being able to coach.

"ABSOTOOTLY" - ALL THREE.
Reply/Quote
The guy just sucks period. Let's move on from this travesty
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 12:55 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: What if..

it works

Don't be silly.

(12-09-2016, 05:30 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Not necessarily. Think about it, Dalton will now know that pressure/free rusher will always be coming from his blind side. He'll just instinctively know to immediately roll out to the right side and pray that the pass rusher isn't fast.

The Chuck n Duck offense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 09:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That would be third straight, by my count.  I don't really see anyone between Boomer and Carson being "franchise" but that's just me.

I think #8 could've been a franchise guy...had he not been bungalized.

His exit wasn't exactly roses and rainbows either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 08:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think #8 could've been a franchise guy...had he not been bungalized.

His exit wasn't exactly roses and rainbows either.

True, I could see that.  We didn't draft him and didn't do much of note with him, but I get what you're getting at.
Reply/Quote
As long as it means he stays on the bench for the rest of this year, I'm OK with it. I'm willing to give him another chance to get it together next season -- though hopefully we have someone else competing for any spot he might potentially start.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 03:55 PM)Jpoore Wrote: elflien we should trade down to late teens get him and a extra 3rd first year at center won the Remington 

We could likely get Elflien in the 2nd.  He has great technique and works hard, but has a low upside due to short arms and not being that athletic. Only getting a third to move down that far would be a total rip off.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 12:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: We could likely get Elflien in the 2nd.  He has great technique and works hard, but has a low upside due to short arms and not being that athletic. Only getting a third to move down that far would be a total rip off.

We all spell his name different laugh my ass off = lmao

I am for Cunningham LB Vandy and Elflein C OSU in the 2nd right now.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Ced moves to the left: 'Might as well start now'

From: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ced-moves-to-the-left-Might-as-well-start-now/2249f589-f5a6-4c0f-9733-ad887851ddbd

Hobson doesn't get it at all. The fans would happily trade Og for a promise of some future favor that we'll give the other team.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 12:39 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Hobson doesn't get it at all. The fans would happily trade Og for a promise of some future favor that we'll give the other team.

Blind is the Hobs.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 12:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: We could likely get Elflien in the 2nd.  He has great technique and works hard, but has a low upside due to short arms and not being that athletic. Only getting a third to move down that far would be a total rip off.
Mccshay has him as mid teens in first round so don't think we will be able to get him in second.what I love about him is that he is an very very elite run blocker and aggressive as well. I think the center position with his orchestration would make is top 10 in running and passing. But yeah ur right we will probably get more than a third.
(12-10-2016, 12:32 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We all spell his name different laugh my ass off = lmao

I am for Cunningham LB Vandy and Elflein C OSU in the 2nd right now.
See I want to trade down to 15-18 get elflien since most mocks have him middle of the first. Then use a pick or 2 that we got to trade down to trade up to middle 20s get his teammate lb raquan McMillan a thumper in run game who is fast and excels in pass protection. Looks like malaluga 2.0 when he first came out. Although I mainly watch big ten and acc
Reply/Quote
Will Ogbeuhi be on the bench again this week?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 09:34 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Will Ogbeuhi be on the bench again this week?
We don't know he is officially no longerr a rt he's a backup lt now and he says he couldn't be happier he's much more comfortable at lt. But Lewis and PA said that he would be getting snaps through the the end of the season at lt. It could be 5 snaps a game it could be 20 it could be 0 but if we're up big in second half expect to see him at Lt a lot more 
Reply/Quote