Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi's 5th year option declined
(05-02-2018, 05:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ifs he smart he saved every penny and can retire. or start his own business.

If his drive at his own business is as weak as his drive for football? We know how that will pan out.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love it. Dude has this season, probably needs a change of scenery.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 04:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I checked on Sportrac.com, and the dead money on cutting Ogbuehi is only 100K less than what he is due to receive, by remaining on the team.  With that in mind, I'm guessing that unless they really need that roster spot for someone else, he'll likely get to hang around for this season.  

As for me?  I'm really stoked that they didn't pick up the option on this guy.

Looks to me like we'd save around $1.3m by cutting him with a Post-June designation. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cedric-ogbuehi-16745/

Post 6/1 Release: Dead Cap $1.68m, Cap Savings $1.28m
Post 6/1 Trade: Dead Cap $1.26m, Cap Savings $1.7m

Not sure who'd trade for him, though (even for a 7th).
Reply/Quote
Lots of players from that class didn't have their options picked up. Bengals are probably hoping some tackle needy team trades for or signs him for comp pick.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 06:49 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Looks to me like we'd save around $1.3m by cutting him with a Post-June designation. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cedric-ogbuehi-16745/

Post 6/1 Release: Dead Cap $1.68m, Cap Savings $1.28m
Post 6/1 Trade: Dead Cap $1.26m, Cap Savings $1.7m

Not sure who'd trade for him, though (even for a 7th).

Good catch, I looked at it too quickly at first.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 02:54 PM)pally Wrote: The deadline has passed and the Bengal's have officially not picked up Ogbuehi's 5th-year option.  This will be his make or break year not only for us but for staying in the league (except maybe Dallas).  Will this provide him some extra motivation to perform?  Maybe...but I am not really holding out hope since we haven't even seen flashes of first round brilliance

Dallas can have him. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 06:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Love it. Dude has this season, probably needs a change of scenery.

More like a change of career...

Reply/Quote
let the cut off sleeve wearing hoodie MMA player go. my god he's terrible . Hated the pick from the get go .
Reply/Quote
It just goes to show you that in the end game tape is more important than measurables. He looks like the prototypical LT, but he was injured his last year of college and was largely unproven anyway. Taking a project pick is a gamble. He hasnt panned out and he might not pan out this year either. Hopefully with a new coach it will help but at this point I see this as his last year in stripes.
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi is officially on the Bengals all-bust team, along with Akili Smith and that TE that smoked 2 packs a day. I think his name was Sean Brewer?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 07:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ogbuehi is officially on the Bengals all-bust team, along with Akili Smith and that TE that smoked 2 packs a day. I think his name was Sean Brewer?

OMG Sean Brewer.  Brings back nightmares
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Another quality move by FO.

Once PA left the decision making improved immediately.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 07:27 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Dallas can have him. 

PA is salivating already. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 08:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Another quality move by FO.

Once PA left the decision making improved immediately.

Mind-boggling to think what weight PA carried here, and for how long apparently. 

I don't think Pollack will want to hang on to him if anyone else shows the slightest bit of being better. Well, I'm hoping that's the case. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Can't we just Trade him for a deep fried mars bar and a bottle of Irn Bru?
Reply/Quote
I predict he gets cut. He's not what Pollack is looking for personality wise in a olineman
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 05:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

There were several people thinking we were going to pay $10 million for a bust to play backup swing tackle. That would've been some of the worst money spent in world history.

I was one of the people who thought Mikey boy Brown would somehow convince himself that we needed to pick up the option. I never thought it was the right thing to do.

This is just one more thing that leads me to believe Mike Brown is no longer in charge.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 11:48 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I predict he gets cut. He's not what Pollack is looking for personality wise in a olineman

Might happen. Price is a mauler. Glenn is a big physical guy. Ogbuehi was a finesse guy. I remember Berserker/Royal Red Legs calling him "pillow hands".

Side note: I'd love to hear what RRL thinks about all the changes and additions. Too bad he's rarely here anymore.

(05-02-2018, 11:50 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I was one of the people who thought Mikey boy Brown would somehow convince himself that we needed to pick up the option. I never thought it was the right thing to do.

This is just one more thing that leads me to believe Mike Brown is no longer in charge.

Maybe it is a sign that Mike took a little step back. People have been saying that for years, but the firing of Mike's BFF and the off-season we've had is something else.

The more jaded side of me thinks this might be a one shot deal to generate fan excitement after inexplicably keeping Marvin around. Again.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 07:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ogbuehi is officially on the Bengals all-bust team, along with Akili Smith and that TE that smoked 2 packs a day. I think his name was Sean Brewer?

Funny thing, Brewer is now a strength and conditioning coach at a California high school. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 12:43 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Funny thing, Brewer is now a strength and conditioning coach at a California high school. 

Yep. Between sessions he lets them all get a quick smoke break.
Reply/Quote