Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi's 5th year option declined
(05-03-2018, 12:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep. Between sessions he lets them all get a quick smoke break.

[Image: Markus-Ruhl-Smokes-.jpg]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
So let me Ask.... Is Stacey Andrews still our most disliked OT?
Reply/Quote
With a new OL Coach coming in, part of me is like oh no. What if Ced plays well?

But, Ced is a finesse/athletic guy. Pollacks scheme seems to favor power/aggressiveness.

A guy like Westerman that's really strong should fit in very well.

Now, we just have to keep Glenn healthy.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:22 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: [Image: Markus-Ruhl-Smokes-.jpg]

Hilarious

(05-03-2018, 11:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: So let me Ask....      Is Stacey Andrews still our most disliked OT?

Before Ogbuehi, I thought Dennis Roland was the most disliked.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 08:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: PA is salivating already. 

Truth be told, I don't think PA would take him in Dallas.  I think the Ogbuehi pick, and then the insistence that Ogbuehi could do the job when Whitworth left, finally got PA fired, which of course was long overdue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:54 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Truth be told, I don't think PA would take him in Dallas.  I think the Ogbuehi pick, and then the insistence that Ogbuehi could do the job when Whitworth left, finally got PA fired, which of course was long overdue.

If that's the case, I'm glad we drafted Ogbuehi. Suddenly he's a hero.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
All these glowing endorsements for Bodine and Ogbuehi yet you don't see Paul Alexander standing on tables in Dallas to scoop them up.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Tough to tell. Perhaps Pollack can coach him up and turn him into a decent LT, but I have my doubts and think Pollack has already decided on him to find another team or job.  It's possible that he might get moved to a different position and thrive, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 03:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

Lol, another good decision no doubt. Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:54 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Truth be told, I don't think PA would take him in Dallas.  I think the Ogbuehi pick, and then the insistence that Ogbuehi could do the job when Whitworth left, finally got PA fired, which of course was long overdue.

Agreed

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If that's the case, I'm glad we drafted Ogbuehi. Suddenly he's a hero.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If that's the case, I'm glad we drafted Ogbuehi. Suddenly he's a hero.

Great perspective. He has unknowingly saved this organization. Well, some of it.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 02:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: Tough to tell. Perhaps Pollack can coach him up and turn him into a decent LT, but I have my doubts and think Pollack has already decided on him to find another team or job.  It's possible that he might get moved to a different position and thrive, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. 

I think Pollacks scheme is the variable. I don't see CO fitting well is Pollack's scheme is power and Ced is finesse.

As far as 'coaching up'...Pollack had the most physically talented offensive line in the NFL before he got there. He became offensive line coach in 2015 there.

Frederick was a 1st Team All Pro in 2014.
Tyron Smith was All Pro in 2011, 2012, and 2014.
Zach Martin was All Pro in 2014.

So when he became line coach, he inherited 3 All-Pro's.

I do think his scheme will fit our players well. The Bengalz like to draft guys who set strength recordz and Pollacks power scheme fitz that well.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 03:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Great perspective. He has unknowingly saved this organization. Well, some of it.

The city of Cincy should erect a statue of Ogbuehi (on his back) in front of PBS with the caption "we're as grateful as you were awful". LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 02:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The city of Cincy should erect a statue of Ogbuehi (on his back) in front of PBS with the caption "we're as grateful as you were awful". LOL

Good stuff, couldn't do it without you Og. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 03:07 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I'm of two minds with this, both probably predictable. First is it's sad to think how the pick for him turned out as it has. We needed better obviously. Secondly, I am even more encouraged with the new regime on board, taking the loss while being humanitarian giving him one last chance to produce, at least into camp. Now it won't surprise if he is cut....

It would surprise me if he was cut, simply due to Mike Brown not wanting to eat the money.

He has a $2.97m cap hit this season. If they cut him, they still take a $1.68m cap hit in dead space. So they could save $1.29m, but then they would have to pay another person on the roster, and that 7th round Rod Taylor guy is expect to have a cap hit of just under $500k if he makes the team. So then it would turn out to be about a $790k savings.

I'm not sure Mike Brown eats the dead cap space just to pay another guy. Maybe he would, but between the dead cap space and giving up on a 1st round pick, I would put favorable odds on Ogbuehi making the team for reasons entirely other than ability. Maybe a change of scenery trade near cutdown time? Because then they could point to a conditional 7th rounder as returned value or something.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Last first rounder we gave up on this fast was Keith Rivers. At least he netted us a 5th round pick though.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 05:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

There were several people thinking we were going to pay $10 million for a bust to play backup swing tackle. That would've been some of the worst money spent in world history.

Ced O MIGHT find some role, might not. Good news is if he's a scrub, we ain't  wasting big $. iof he DOES show up as the guy we hoped for? well.. good.
Reply/Quote
Og has to be in the running for worst first round pick in Bengals history.

What in the world were they thinking???

Plus- he was injured and sat out his first year.

The fact that main decision maker stuck by Bodine explains a lot I think.

I hope Ross does not become the second coming of Og and actually plays and helps the team this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 04:37 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Og has to be in the running for worst first round pick in Bengals history.

What in the world were they thinking???

Plus- he was injured and sat out his first year.

The fact that main decision maker stuck by Bodine explains a lot I think.

I hope Ross does not become the second coming of Og and actually plays and helps the team this year.

He can at least be 3rd to Akili Smith and David Klingler, in my mind, anyway..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote