Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh the Poetic Justice that might await us
if we end up facing and beating Carson Palmer and his Cardinals in Super Bowl 50 with the game held on the home field of the 49ers who defeated us in two previous Super Bowls.

The locals will hate the Cardinals. It could very easily turn into a home game atmosphere for us on the road.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Locals don't go to super bowls, unless you mean the uber rich locals.

Winning a super bowl is enough for me as I'm long over the niners and Carson, but maybe that's just me.
Reply/Quote
I guess many would call that a dream scenario, but my dream for this year would go like this:

Beat steelers

Beat Patriots

Beat Undefeated Panthers

Beat this shit out of anyone that says "well, they haven't...."
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 08:52 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Locals don't go to super bowls, unless you mean the uber rich locals.

Winning a super bowl is enough for me as I'm long over the niners and Carson, but maybe that's just me.

Don't get me wrong, Id be happy beating Cam or anybody else for a Super Bowl wherever it is played. I just see some weird stars aligning. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
lol Locals dont go to superbowls bud, not sure how long youve been watching for.
Reply/Quote
What if the Steelers and Cardinals make it? Do we root for Carson, the Steelers, or just hope the place implodes?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What if the Steelers and Cardinals make it?  Do we root for Carson, the Steelers, or just hope the place implodes?

I vote for implosion. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:22 PM)Shady Wrote: Don't get me wrong, Id be happy beating Cam or anybody else for a Super Bowl wherever it is played. I just see some weird stars aligning. 

I vote beating steelers,this week. Denver beating them the next and all but sealing their fate for Wild card, with some other wild card team helping the cause. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What if the Steelers and Cardinals make it?  Do we root for Carson, the Steelers, or just hope the place implodes?

I would have stopped watching football for the year by then. Implosion by default.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 03:40 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I would have stopped watching football for the year by then. Implosion by default.

I agree....but in this instance , I'd be forced to root for Palmer.  NOTHING sucks more than the Shitsburgh Stoolers.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 08:52 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Locals don't go to super bowls, unless you mean the uber rich locals.

Locals will be some of the only 1% ers that will be able to afford this SB.  Parking is going to be 1K
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 04:38 AM)Shady Wrote: if we end up facing and beating Carson Palmer and his Cardinals in Super Bowl 50 with the game held on the home field of the 49ers who defeated us in two previous Super Bowls.

The locals will hate the Cardinals. It could very easily turn into a home game atmosphere for us on the road.

Ideal.

If we were only 3 points away from beating them in arizona, we have a chance to beat them on a neutral field. In fact, the only possible way for us to play the cardinals, is in the superbowl! And the superbowl is not in Arizona, it is in San francisco! Which would, by rule, be a neutral field! Both teams have a good shot at the superbowl. Palmer just so happens to play for Arinoza.

Oh, the poetic justice.

EDIT: if the bengals make it to the superbowl, and face the cardinals, the bengals have a 50% chance of winning the superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 02:46 AM)Gohards Wrote: Ideal.

If we were only 3 points away from beating them in arizona, we have a chance to beat them on a neutral field. In fact, the only possible way for us to play the cardinals, is in the superbowl! And the superbowl is not in Arizona, it is in San francisco! Which would, by rule, be a neutral field! Both teams have a good shot at the superbowl. Palmer just so happens to play for Arinoza.

Oh, the poetic justice.

EDIT: if the bengals make it to the superbowl, and face the cardinals, the bengals have a 50% chance of winning the superbowl.

The Carson hate is just pathetic. Y'all remind of the guy that gets dumped by his girlfriend, then meets the love of his life and marries her, but still holds a grudge against the former flame. Carson leaving and refusing to play here was the catalyst for the change that occurred in Mike Brown and this organization as a whole. Instead of whining about him all the time, you ought to just say thank you. 5 straight years of playoffs..... thank you Carson. (You know, Carson could still be here in the same atmosphere and we could keep having 4-12 seasons....)
Reply/Quote

Meteor. Big ****ing meteor, takes out the whole stadium. They name the Browns the champions just 'cause.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 02:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The Carson hate is just pathetic. Y'all remind of the guy that gets dumped by his girlfriend, then meets the love of his life and marries her, but still holds a grudge against the former flame. Carson leaving and refusing to play here was the catalyst for the change that occurred in Mike Brown and this organization as a whole. Instead of whining about him all the time, you ought to just say thank you. 5 straight years of playoffs..... thank you Carson. (You know, Carson could still be here in the same atmosphere and we could keep having 4-12 seasons....)

Yeah i dont hate the guy I like that hes doing well in Arizona... He did a lot for the franchise while he was here... Including returning Hope to the City.
Reply/Quote

Won't root for anyone. I'd just sit back and hope for a good game. Nothing I can do and really don't want either team to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 02:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The Carson hate is just pathetic. Y'all remind of the guy that gets dumped by his girlfriend, then meets the love of his life and marries her, but still holds a grudge against the former flame. Carson leaving and refusing to play here was the catalyst for the change that occurred in Mike Brown and this organization as a whole. Instead of whining about him all the time, you ought to just say thank you. 5 straight years of playoffs..... thank you Carson. (You know, Carson could still be here in the same atmosphere and we could keep having 4-12 seasons....)

I never really had a problem with Carson after he left, and I was glad he found a place to thrive.  However.... that whole mess leading up to the Sunday night game pissed me off.  He and Arians kept talking about how it was a revenge game for him, and how awful Cincinnati was.  He had his chance at a revenge game when he was with Oakland, but that didn't work out so well for him.  Now he just seems like he's holding a grudge.
Reply/Quote

Where in my post do you see hate for palmer?? Odd....
Reply/Quote

Thanks for quitting on the team, Carson Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 03:53 PM)Gohards Wrote: Where in my post do you see hate for palmer?? Odd....

I was actually responding to the whole thread...your post just got hit with the reply button..
Reply/Quote