Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Oh what tangled webs we weave"....The Finley situation
(11-02-2019, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep, can't make this stuff up.

If I am a hypocrite for arguing Kenum was not better than Dalton just because he had better stats and at the same time saying Dalton had a better game than Brissett because he had better stats what does that say about you?

You tried to argue that Kenum was better than dalton because he had better stats, but then said Dalton's better stats didn't prove he had a better game than Brissett

Seems to me that makes you just as big of a hypocrite as me.  Or should I say

Panic THAT MAKES YOU JUST AS BIG OF A HYPOCRITE AS ME!!!!!!! Freakout

Please explain to the listening audience how me saying Keenum was playing better "THIS YEAR", turns into 'case keenum is a better QB' by you and why i should defend that position that you created. 

Hopefully, these posts, in order, will help you to understand the Dalton game V Brissett game in question. 
Pay close attention to the words i use. Playing a better game and having better stats are 2 different things.
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Dalton-is-broken?pid=774070#pid774070

And here you are, twisitng and changing what i said to fit the argument you want to disprove. I never said Brissett's stats were better than Dalton's. 
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Dalton-is-broken?pid=774342#pid774342

And here's....well, i don't really know what this is, but i'll add my reply to it afterward.
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Dalton-is-broken?pid=774470#pid774470
My reply.
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Dalton-is-broken?pid=774536#pid774536

With that, it's just about time for me and my boy to go see Zombieland: Double Tap. 

Peace out.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 04:33 PM)mt415tress Wrote: The bungles benched a sh.itty Quarterback.

It’s such a simple and non complicated decision.  

Nothing to see here

The OP says nothing about Dalton starting.  It is about how fans will deal with Finley as our starter going forward.

I am really imnpressed by the number of times you can repeat yourself in one thread.  It is pretty amazing.  But maybe you too should re-read the OP so you understand why the issue is complicated.  

Maybe this will help you understand.  How well would Finley have to play in order for you to be comfortable with him as our starter next year?  Or even if he does not play great do you think we should roll with him as our starter next year while we address other problems with the team and then look for a new QB for 2021?

Your ability to call dalton a shitty QB is unmatched by anyone on this board.  It is truly incredible.  But there are other questions to answer.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 04:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The OP says nothing about Dalton starting.  It is about how fans will deal with Finley as our starter going forward.

I am really imnpressed by the number of times you can repeat yourself in one thread.  It is pretty amazing.  But maybe you too should re-read the OP so you understand why the issue is complicated.  

Maybe this will help you understand.  How well would Finley have to play in order for you to be comfortable with him as our starter next year?  Or even if he does not play great do you think we should roll with him as our starter next year while we address other problems with the team and then look for a new QB for 2021?

Your ability to call dalton a shitty QB is unmatched by anyone on this board.  It is truly incredible.  But there are other questions to answer.

If finely plays well, great. Trade him in offseason or keep him as backup or temp qb next year. Still draft a qb top 2

If he sucks, draft a Qb

You’re not very smart. It’s simple
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Please don't start this silly shit.  Even the Dalton lovers want him to do well.  Over a month ago I made a post clearly stating that it would be amazing if we were able to find a new QB with a fourth round pick

The first time I dared to question Taylor's coaching ability I had to deal with accusations that I was just "defending Marvin".  Now a large majority are also questioning if he has the right stuff to be a good NFL head coach.

I just want the Bengals to win, and for years Dalton was our best option at QB.  I do not like Dalton more than the Bengals.

I saw enough giddy reaction when AJ struggled at times at QB to know this is untrue. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 04:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Please explain to the listening audience how me saying Keenum was playing better "THIS YEAR", turns into 'case keenum is a better QB' by you and why i should defend that position that you created. 

I was just talking about "THIS YEAR" also.  You have no point.  You did the exact same thing you accuse me of.  You try to use raw stats to make a pojt until the raw stats don't agree with your position.  If that makes me a hypocrite then it applies just the same to you.

This wholething is ridiculous.  These discussions from other threads have been complicated and involve multiple posts from both of us and some from other members.  It is impossible to bring all of those arguments into this thread by just cherry picking the ones you want.  If you want to keep arguing them then go back to those threads.

But the one thing you CAN'T do is just follow me around in every thread insulting me just because I stump you so often.
Reply/Quote
What do you get when  you have:

DOLE-GALA

Answer: a Pineapple and an apple.    Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was just talking about "THIS YEAR" also.  You have no point.  You did the exact same thing you accuse me of.  You try to use raw stats to make a pojt until the raw stats don't agree with your position.  If that makes me a hypocrite then it applies just the same to you.

This wholething is ridiculous.  These discussions from other threads have been complicated and involve multiple posts from both of us and some from other members.  It is impossible to bring all of those arguments into this thread by just cherry picking the ones you want.  If you want to keep arguing them then go back to those threads.

But the one thing you CAN'T do is just follow me around in every thread insulting me just because I stump you so often.

I accept your apology. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote