Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ohio Students Given Given Sexually Explicit Lesson Plans
Reading Brad's threads really gives you a first hand view into the fear and paranoia that conservatism creates in its believers. Every time an individual or group of individuals does something depraved, all of society is collapsing. And at least a fair portion of that societal collapse has to do with changes that give some group of (typically) oppressed people rights that they did not previously enjoy.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:45 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Reading Brad's threads really gives you a first hand view into the fear and paranoia that conservatism creates in its believers. Every time an individual or group of individuals does something depraved, all of society is collapsing. And at least a fair portion of that societal collapse has to do with changes that give some group of (typically) oppressed people rights that they did not previously enjoy.

Yup. Brad is the textbook example of the the successes of the manipulations by the GOP. He is their target audience and he swallows what they sell without question. It's why I generally don't engage, anymore. I'm not qualified in undoing brainwashing, so there is no point.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:16 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. Brad is the textbook example of the the successes of the manipulations by the GOP. He is their target audience and he swallows what they sell without question. It's why I generally don't engage, anymore. I'm not qualified in undoing brainwashing, so there is no point.

I've stopped directly interacting with Brad as well for the same reasons, but I still read his threads just out of morbid curiosity. Like a "What is Fox News scaring their viewers about today?" kind of thing.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:16 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. Brad is the textbook example of the the successes of the manipulations by the GOP. He is their target audience and he swallows what they sell without question. It's why I generally don't engage, anymore. I'm not qualified in undoing brainwashing, so there is no point.

(03-21-2022, 09:41 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've stopped directly interacting with Brad as well for the same reasons, but I still read his threads just out of morbid curiosity. Like a "What is Fox News scaring their viewers about today?" kind of thing.

Ha!

Insults are hilarious when people just throw out insults because they can't acknowledge that our country is going to hell under a weak leader.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:41 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've stopped directly interacting with Brad as well for the same reasons, but I still read his threads just out of morbid curiosity. Like a "What is Fox News scaring their viewers about today?" kind of thing.

I've tried various approaches but none of them work. It is a bit bizarre. It reminds me of how many liberals I knew were when Trump took office - fears of the world ending, societal collapse, war, you name it. I just kept saying "I don't like the guy but everything is going to be fine. The world won't end." but it never worked. People just worked themselves up in to a frenzy. My in-laws are staunch conservatives, and when Biden won they were terrified. Talking about moving to Canada, taking money out of the banks and stockpiling cash. My wife started crying and I'm just like, respectfully, what the **** is wrong with you? 

Now, my wife has taken a new job and making significantly more money than she ever has and my in-laws investments have been doing great. Everything has been....fine. I'll probably stop interacting with him as well. I'll read like you do, but the man doesn't want objectivity in his worldview. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ha!

Insults are hilarious when people just throw out insults because they can't acknowledge that our country is going to hell under a weak leader.

I wasn't insulting you. I am just stating observations. If you find it insulting to be considered these things then you should reflect on your own actions.

And I fully acknowledge that Biden is a weak leader. I just don't blame everything I don't like on the POTUS because I am realistic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Two quick things as I was thinking about this again last night:

1) Should it be taught?  I suppose that is debatable based on the level of school and how it is presented.  If my son or daughter came to me and said they were asked to use those writing prompts I'd be taken aback and ask what they thought about it before I'd demand the resignation of every school board member or whoever.  

If a parent doesn't want their child to use those prompts that should be their prerogative rather than throwing out the entire book or wanting heads on a platter, IMHO.

2) I said "I'm sure there are absolutely zero high school seniors taking a college prep course that has ever heard such things as "sex". "orgasm" and "beer". [Image: 4M0fBlK.gif]"  but thinking back I might have known those terms as a 16-17 year old senior in high school but would not have had a scene I could reference to write about anyway.  Being raised in a good Catholic home with a stay at home mother and no cable until I was 13-14 I wasn't as exposed to such things as some of my classmates.  

I'm sure my mother would have had a fit about such an assignment if I told her.  But also I would have spoken to the teacher that I really could NOT use those prompts truthfully.

But that just brings it back to allowing each family to make that decision.

The decision to use the book in the first place is a different question.  Who cleared it and why?  But if those are the worst prompts out of 642 maybe they got missed.

Still seems to be a big ado about not much that could have been handled without the grandstanding, again IMHO.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
It's obvious that these teachings led to the abundant requests for ice fishing shanties.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
Full disclosure... I have Craig Shubert and Casey Weinstein both within my network.
Here was Casey's take and conversations with constituents.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:25 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: It's obvious that these teachings led to the abundant requests for ice fishing shanties.
Ninja

That was the same guy?!?!

OMG!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: That was the same guy?!?!

OMG!

Yes.

I kind of let the school board thing slide, as he just lost his wife not too long before that incident.
He was also urged by a state senator to speak up against the school board.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:29 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Full disclosure... I have Craig Shubert and Casey Weinstein both within my network.
Here was Casey's take and conversations with constituents.

Apparently I cannot figure out how to link an individual post from Facebook.
If interested in the exchange between Weinstein and his constituents, look for the November 16, 2021 post on his page https://www.facebook.com/RepWeinstein.

Shubert has not been active on Facebook since the passing of his wife.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ha!

Hmm, so does that mean you constantly throw out insults at Biden because you can't come to terms with a reality that doesn't fit your chosen reality?

(03-21-2022, 10:32 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: My in-laws are staunch conservatives, and when Biden won they were terrified. Talking about moving to Canada, taking money out of the banks and stockpiling cash. My wife started crying and I'm just like, respectfully, what the **** is wrong with you? 

My mother in law keeps saying we need to take all of our money out of the banks because they're going to collapse now...she even bought my wife and I a safe for Christmas.

So basically, depending on how much my mother in law talks, most of the town probably thinks I have a safe full of money in my house now.  Great.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, so does that mean you constantly throw out insults at Biden because you can't come to terms with a reality that doesn't fit your chosen reality?

If I were debating Biden and/or had no other counter to anything he said besides for insults, then yes.

Since I'm not and I do have things to counter what is being posted about me, no.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So basically, depending on how much my mother in law talks, most of the town probably thinks I have a safe full of money in my house now.  Great.

What's your address?  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If I were debating Biden and/or had no other counter to anything he said besides for insults, then yes.

Since I'm not and I do have things to counter what is being posted about me, no.

That chick on the grammarly ads is a smoke show. Check it out.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What's your address?  Ninja

The safe is still in the cardboard box it came in.  
Reply/Quote
Some creepy voyeuristic question there no matter the age.

Also a lot of people here seem to have forgotten 2017-2021 here. It’s a bit unbelievable to read some of these posts. I’m like, they’re just saying this to eff with us right?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Some creepy voyeuristic question there no matter the age.

Also a lot of people here seem to have forgotten 2017-2021 here. It’s a bit unbelievable to read some of these posts. I’m like, they’re just saying this to eff with us right?

I doubt there is a single person in this thread that would have blamed something like this on Trump.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I doubt there is a single person in this thread that would have blamed something like this on Trump.

This exactly? No. But that of course misses the point.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote