Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ohio approves recreational marijuana
(11-08-2023, 02:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The black market, I believe, refers to the sale of items that are normally controlled and regulated, so selling and especially producing alcohol without a license etc would fall under that.  This applies to things from booze to drugs to guns to broadcasting MLB games without express written consent. 

So just to be clear, if you "brew" your own alcohol and sell it to some friends or whomever and you don't have a liquor license you are a black market drug dealer correct?

My point is that people love to throw the terms "drugs" and "drug dealer/s" around when speaking about cannabis, but don't see the irony in their own drug consumption that they acquire from licensed drug dealers.

If you drink alcohol you buy and use drugs.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 02:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's such a racist term.  How can you allow yourself to use that phrase in 2023?  Ninja

The joke is on you, that's actually the PC term for it.  Saying the real name out loud causes paint to peel off the walls and snowflakes to melt!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 02:26 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So just to be clear, if you "brew" your own alcohol and sell it to some friends or whomever and you don't have a liquor license you are a black market drug dealer correct?

My point is that people love to throw the terms "drugs" and "drug dealer/s" around when speaking about cannabis, but don't see the irony in their own drug consumption that they acquire from licensed drug dealers.

If you drink alcohol you buy and use drugs.

I don't know the legal aspects of things, that's just my view of things.  If a friend of mine told me he was going to start selling homemade booze to people I'd tell him that doesn't sound like an on-the-level idea, that's all.  

Personally, the only drug I'm allowed to be addicted to is caffeine and I am addicted to it.  Add in that it's a stimulant my employer will supply me with an endless amount of and lordy, what a high.  I sail through the day, so up yours, Mormons!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 02:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's driving under the influence, same as alcohol..

So they’ll still be committing crimes AND they’ll stink.
Reply/Quote
Sure hope the folks in the Ohio government who didn't want it don't try to completely sabotage it in the 30 days they have.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Couple of things.

Hopefully this will help reduce opioid-related deaths due to foreign narcos' heroin/fentanyl, and big pharma/some doctors as well. Maybe those that addicted to that shi* can instead turn to buying the ganja instead legally.

Secondly if my hibernating sickness comes back, I'm 1000% going to be thankful this was passed. It would have made all those rough times for about a year and a half there a couple of years ago go by a lot easier for sure.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
For all of you Buckeyes who voted yes. I.Love.You!
From a Hoosier, way to go OHIO!
[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952mcqjqf62ys5xx555s7c...w.gif&ct=g]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm glad for this passing but still skeptical that the people in government who didn't want it will do something to ruin it. I smoke it and use it in some foods, so being able to legally grow my own (a REASONABLE amount, not some Columbian druglord field) for personal use is a boon for me.

How long before this goes into effect?
Reply/Quote
Indiana is looking pretty dumb. All those tax dollars are now a short drive to Illinois, Michigan, and very soon, Cincy! I love life. Sweat it out Holcolmb!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 04:24 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I'm glad for this passing but still skeptical that the people in government who didn't want it will do something to ruin it. I smoke it and use it in some foods, so being able to legally grow my own (a REASONABLE amount, not some Columbian druglord field) for personal use is a boon for me.

Yeah.?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 04:24 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I'm glad for this passing but still skeptical that the people in government who didn't want it will do something to ruin it. I smoke it and use it in some foods, so being able to legally grow my own (a REASONABLE amount, not some Columbian druglord field) for personal use is a boon for me.

I smoke it, and grow too.  But REASONABLE?  My smoking is better termed EXCESSIVE.  Lol
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 04:24 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: How long before this goes into effect?

(11-08-2023, 04:26 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah.?

30 days before the whole legalization kicks in for private growing and the like. So December 7th, 2023.

9 month deadline before the State has to give out licenses for commercial growers and dispensaries.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 04:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 30 days before the whole legalization kicks in for private growing and the like. So December 7th, 2023.

9 month deadline before the State has to give out licenses for commercial growers and dispensaries.
Ok cool. So not TOO long, but still long enough for Dewine to have a "Haha, JUST KIDDING" ad air on TV.

/fingerscrossed
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 04:27 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I smoke it, and grow too.  But REASONABLE?  My smoking is better termed EXCESSIVE.  Lol
Haha well yeah.. REASONABLE. Ain't trying to turn my land into Orange County 2.0. That just invites thieves. No, just a small "patch" I can keep up close to my house so I can baby them all summer without fear of thieves or flyovers. Where my dogs keep a watchful eye on the property and security lights light the place up like a used car lot. I can supplement that with the occasional trip to the dispensary and be good all year.

Reasonable...keep your freedoms.
Excessive...lose it all and / or end up in court.
Choice is simple for me!
Reply/Quote
I'm interested to see how the Bureau of Workers Compensation handles claims where it is in the system of a claimant. Given that it remains in the system for 30 days, will they simply deny claims ? It desperately needs to be rescheduled federally. Proper research needs to be performed to have accurate readings regarding impairment.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 01:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: yea, the smell of weed has always been annoying to me. You'd think they could find a way to make it smell like bubblegum by now.

They do it’s called vaping, and you can get vape pens and many different flavors. If you don’t like the smoke, smell of Burnt flower, or vape—-then they have edibles. You can get them in soft drinks, sugar to stir into your coffee or tea, peanut butter, cookies, chocolate bars, and honey.
Reply/Quote
Even when it was just medically legal your employer could still fire you for a failed drug test.

Which to me seems like bullshit.

There is a large number of people who use marijuana responsibly. But they have no protection. They don’t even have to be under the influence. Get hurt at work. Fail a piss test. And end up in financial ruin with an injury sustained at work. The company gets off the hook.

On the other hand the person who was shit faced drunk the night prior and comes to work hungover and gets hurt. No problem. Company is on the hook for workers comp.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 02:48 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Even when it was just medically legal your employer could still fire you for a failed drug test.

Which to me seems like bullshit.

There is a large number of people who use marijuana responsibly. But they have no protection. They don’t even have to be under the influence. Get hurt at work. Fail a piss test. And end up in financial ruin with an injury sustained at work. The company gets off the hook.

On the other hand the person who was shit faced drunk the night prior and comes to work hungover and gets hurt. No problem. Company is on the hook for workers comp.

All because one simply stays in your system longer than the other.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 06:53 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Haha well yeah.. REASONABLE. Ain't trying to turn my land into Orange County 2.0. That just invites thieves. No, just a small "patch" I can keep up close to my house so I can baby them all summer without fear of thieves or flyovers. Where my dogs keep a watchful eye on the property and security lights light the place up like a used car lot. I can supplement that with the occasional trip to the dispensary and be good all year.

Reasonable...keep your freedoms.
Excessive...lose it all and / or end up in court.
Choice is simple for me!

I use it medically for the most part.  Lowers BP and regulates my blood glucose levels...naturally.  Also take no poisonous prescription meds.  
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 01:58 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm interested to see how the Bureau of Workers Compensation handles claims where it is in the system of a claimant. Given that it remains in the system for 30 days, will they simply deny claims ? It desperately needs to be rescheduled federally. Proper research needs to be performed to have accurate readings regarding impairment.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

According to a guy that I know, who has had a medical card for marijuana since they were available, they do have the ability to accurately test levels to determine if someone is currently under the influence or has just used in recent history.  From what I understand, the issue lays in making it cost efficient to administer those tests on a broader scale.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote