Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ok WTF was that defense?
Seriously WTF D? How do you give up 80% completion to a rookie QB on his First Start?

As much credit that defense has gotten this season that game plan slash effort was flat out embarrassing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Thank you. The middle of the field was open all freaking day. I’m old and fat but have completed dump off passes like White did all damn day. Not an adjustment was made. Try clogging up the middle to make White beat you deep or sideline routes. What the hell!!!
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
They handled our DL for the most part, and their WR's were open all day. All he had to do is deliver the ball and he did.
Reply/Quote
They all had food poisoning or learned thier dog died before the game, only excuses for that kind of performance.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
They stunk today for sure, but one bad game doesn't erase how well they've played overall this season. Hopefully, we see a much better performance at home next week against the Brownies.
Reply/Quote
Why play Prevent all day?????
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They stunk today for sure, but one bad game doesn't erase how well they've played overall this season. Hopefully, we see a much better performance at home next week against the Brownies.

Yeah, watch us play the same defense we did today.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Mike White is technically not a rookie, but yes, that was just a pathetic defensive effort (outside of Hubbard).

Probably Awuzie’s worst game as a Bengal. There was also some vintage Bengals tackling on display today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:08 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Why play Prevent all day?????

I told my son the same thing. Am I missing something or are we playing deep prevent for a reason? First quarter to the end of the game. SMH
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Only thing left to do is try to learn from the mistakes,and get ready for the Cleveland Browns.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:12 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: I told my son the same thing. Am I missing something or are we playing deep prevent for a reason? First quarter to the end of the game. SMH

That was no Brady/Rodgers we were up against. Yet this defense GAVE him the numbers to think we were.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
They picked on our linebacker all game long and we made no adjustments. It's was awful.. every play was a dump of to the flat and Logan Wilson was either late , missed the tackle or like the Jets last touchdown just let the guy go...itwas terrible performance today
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:13 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Only thing left to do is try to learn from the mistakes,and get ready for the Cleveland Browns.

This was a preventable mistake. This is a new QB (either way whoever was starting). No different looks. No real pressures. Just plain vanilla Prevent deep zone. And I am willing to bet that the deep ball was this one QB's weakness and we didn't challenge him on it.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:58 PM)J24 Wrote: Seriously WTF D? How do you give up 80% completion to a rookie QB on his First Start?

As much credit that defense has gotten this season that game plan slash effort was flat out embarrassing.

Lou seemed incapable of doing anything right. Almost like he was paid off to call the same sh!t all game. It's mind blowing that this happened. As soon as I heard Harlans say it was White's 1st start I told my brother "we're gonna lose".
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:04 PM)The American Dream Wrote: They all had food poisoning or learned thier dog died before the game, only excuses for that kind of performance.

Or members of the Jersey mafia paid them a visit before the game. 
Reply/Quote
The D just kept with the time honored tradition of letting no name, backup scrub qbs destroy them. They never stood a chance. As long as baker or keenum start next week they'll be back to normal.
Reply/Quote
Zac isn't going to give us any clues in pressers either. He'll talk about players on the field and not coaching shortcomings during the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:16 PM)Interceptor Wrote: This was a preventable mistake. This is a new QB (either way whoever was starting). No different looks. No real pressures. Just plain vanilla Prevent deep zone. And I am willing to bet that the deep ball was this one QB's weakness and we didn't challenge him on it.

He threw one deep ball to a completely uncovered receiver and missed by ten yards.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Well everyone else has a game plan against us I guess, and there isn’t a QB in the NFL who can’t pull it off
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It was almost as if the D was told to allow them to win from the get go. The tackling effort was atrocious and obvious from the beginning. Jessie Bates at the goal line in the hole and dove down looking almost as if he was trying to avoid the tackle.
Reply/Quote