Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok Zac, you did better, but can we scrap the HB Toss to Mixon.
He isn't that type of back, can we please for the love of God stop trying to run stretch or toss to Mixon....we might as well kneel the ball at this point and take a down. STOP The HB TOSS.
Reply/Quote
Probably need to scrap Mixon, not the play.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 08:51 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Probably need to scrap Mixon, not the play.

yeah I hate to say it, but he just looks washed. I'm not sure I have seen him break a tackle yet this year, he goes down way to easy and isn't shifty enough to make guys miss. Add to that I have seen him just miss holes when available and it leads me to believe he may be on the downside of his career already. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:00 AM)Garrus Wrote: yeah I hate to say it, but he just looks washed. I'm not sure I have seen him break a tackle yet this year, he goes down way to easy and isn't shifty enough to make guys miss. Add to that I have seen him just miss holes when available and it leads me to believe he may be on the downside of his career already. 

Chase fails at it as well. Just rip the page out of the book.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Said it numerous times:
I always hated that play, no matter the team.
I especially hate it when the Bengals do it.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Hopefully with 10 days before the next game, they use this time to shore up run game and figure out how to get most out of it. We won’t be a run dominant team, but we gotta average more than 2 yards a pop.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:26 AM)Destro Wrote: Said it numerous times:
I always hated that play, no matter the team.
I especially hate it when the Bengals do it.

Defenses are just too fast these days to run that play with much success. You better be flawless in your blocking to pull it off. Even with that, the RB is likely still going to have to make someone miss to get any substantial gain.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:29 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hopefully with 10 days before the next game, they use this time to shore up run game and figure out how to get most out of it. We won’t be a run dominant team, but we gotta average more than 2 yards a pop.

If Mixon continues to start and play like he has been, then we need to just become a pass-first team. Throw in some runs here and there to keep the defense honest, but we should just be passing the ball most of the time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:57 AM)PhilHos Wrote: If Mixon continues to start and play like he has been, then we need to just become a pass-first team. Throw in some runs here and there to keep the defense honest, but we should just be passing the ball most of the time.

Yep.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: Defenses are just too fast these days to run that play with much success. You better be flawless in your blocking to pull it off. Even with that, the RB is likely still going to have to make someone miss to get any substantial gain.

Yep

For that play to work in todays NFL you have to have one or two things happen. You catch the D stunting the other way. It's blocked flawlessly. A defender falls down or something?

You need to throw in a wide toss play once a game just to keep the defense honest. But it seems ZT is determined to make it work as a feature of the O. It's not working, at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:32 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

For that play to work in todays NFL you have to have one or two things happen. You catch the D stunting the other way. It's blocked flawlessly. A defender falls down or something?

You need to throw in a wide toss play once a game just to keep the defense honest. But it seems ZT is determined to make it work as a feature of the O. It's not working, at all.

Absolutely agree. 

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 08:45 AM)740Bengal Wrote: He isn't that type of back, can we please for the love of God stop trying to run stretch or toss to Mixon....we might as well kneel the ball at this point and take a down. STOP The HB TOSS.
so true and sad... reminds me of bratoski of his excessive failed screenshots...

some coaches need the "LESS IS MORE" philosophy.
Reply/Quote
I don’t know what play you want but none in short yardage and third or fourth down are working. I’m beginning to think that the run game is deficient because Callahan and Zac aren’t as good there or definitely Pollack. It can’t just be the OL. Now do I think the OL is the most to blame? Yes I do and Pollack. I’m not so sure he’s got creativity at all. I remember a current head coach at a top 15 current SEC team who was a QB. Early in his coaching life he was told he needed to assist in the OL coaching as he was just getting started. The Bengals run game has been bad for a very long time. It’s more than the players. It needs a complete over haul. They need to bring in an old line coach as a full time consultant and analyst.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 08:51 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Probably need to scrap Mixon, not the play.

Bo Jackson in his prime ain't getting that first down...
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: Defenses are just too fast these days to run that play with much success. You better be flawless in your blocking to pull it off. Even with that, the RB is likely still going to have to make someone miss to get any substantial gain.

Probably why they try to run it with Chase a lot. I only ever seen it work 1 time in the titans playoff game..
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:13 AM)Tony Wrote:  Bo Jackson in his prime ain't getting that first down...

You're right. By God, it was an unsurmountable task that no poor soul could have ever hoped to achieve. God himself would have failed. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:17 AM)Tony Wrote: Probably why they try to run it with Chase a lot. I only ever seen it work 1 time in the titans playoff game..

Yep .....but I think you're thinking of the Raiders playoff game, unless I'm forgetting one against TN. I do remember running the play to Ja'Marr on 4th down against LV 

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep .....but I think you're thinking of the Raiders playoff game, unless I'm forgetting one against TN. I do remember running the play to Ja'Marr on 4th down against LV 

Ya, I think it was the raider game..
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:19 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: You're right. By God, it was an unsurmountable task that no poor soul could have ever hoped to achieve. God himself would have failed. 

Did you see the 5 dolphins in the backfield? Lol.. None of your nerd stats are gonna change this fact...
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:22 AM)Tony Wrote: Did you see the 5 dolphins in the backfield? Lol.. None of your nerd stats are gonna change this fact...

Yeah, Bo in his prime makes that play if blocked better, but even he would have struggled in that instance. Now if Barry Sanders is running it, you might've had a chance. He would've juked the cameras, lol.

Reply/Quote