Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Okay, This is Unsettling
(12-23-2020, 07:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And the experts basically are making fun of our terrible management with that statement.

Like this nugget from Yahoo sports

Potential surprise firings (Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos)

It’s hard to believe Zac Taylor could get the boot in Cincinnati, for a couple of reasons. He still has time left on his current contract and Bengals ownership isn’t big on flushing money to make people go away. Taylor also had some success with Joe Burrow prior to the rookie’s knee injury. Firing the head coach would mean putting Burrow into a schematic reset after only one year. Not ideal.

All of this said, there’s no escaping that Taylor is on his way to one of the worst two-year coaching starts in NFL history, let alone the Bengals franchise. If the team looks like it quit in the remainder of the year, that might get Taylor fired. But with this franchise, it’s still a long shot for a dismissal to happen.

Okay, success with Burrow = Losing season and got him injured from bad decisions

Secondly, it's been proven under different losing coaches that the team didn't quit late in the season most recently with fired Marvin... so what sets Zac apart from them?

Anyone who knows anything about Burrow is he is adaptable and capable of learning new things so that statement is a farce.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
May be we can combine Marc and zac. Marc could win on Sunday and Zac in prime time. We might have a winner
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 06:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I vaguely remember this but if I am correct, the team played with similar energy that they showed against Steelers and actually looked good...
yikes.

So Are we in Hell????? Shocked

Kinda' feels that way.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So you guys waited till Wednesday to kill my victory buzz. Ok, who’s ready for a beer? Cheers

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 07:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Shula was a master of meaningless wins.

1992 Bengals - Shula won 1 of last 2.
1993 - Won 2 of last 3. 3-13
1994 - Won last game. 3-13
1995 - Won 4 of last 7. 7-9
1996 - Fired

And Shula had a better record than Taylor has.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So you guys waited till Wednesday to kill my victory buzz. Ok, who’s ready for a beer? Cheers

I'm a half hour ahead of you...

I've said I wanted the coaches sent packing as much as the next guy. I won't hope for failure though. Realistically I think the easiest fix is if these guys figure this shit out. I don't think Zac Taylor was gonna get fired this year unless some sort of scandalous event happened... So our best bet is that he actually starts to succeed the rest of this year, and into next. Win one of these last 2, and be respectable in a loss... Hell win em both. I just want Sundays to be fun and exciting again. I don't care how it happens.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
You gotta admit, going from 2.5 wins to 3.5 wins and stories of how that 'saves his job' is hilarious.

We legit follow a minor league NFL team.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 11:24 PM)jason Wrote: I'm a half hour ahead of you...

I've said I wanted the coaches sent packing as much as the next guy. I won't hope for failure though. Realistically I think the easiest fix is if these guys figure this shit out. I don't think Zac Taylor was gonna get fired this year unless some sort of scandalous event happened... So our best bet is that he actually starts to succeed the rest of this year, and into next. Win one of these last 2, and be respectable in a loss... Hell win em both. I just want Sundays to be fun and exciting again. I don't care how it happens.

That win was great. It may be a sign of greater things to come. Maybe the guys playing in this game were believers? Who knows? Yet, I’m not ready to jump back on the Zac wagon. Hell, I just jumped off last week I think? Anyway, I love the possibility you mention. God forbid Mike is right about Zac and we are wrong. However, that’s one time being wrong I would embrace. Oh, and it would be the first time I’ve ever been wrong about anything. ANYTHING! LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You gotta admit, going from 2.5 wins to 3.5 wins and stories of how that 'saves his job' is hilarious.

We legit follow a minor league NFL team.

It is ridiculous... But on Monday everybody did their part to the best of their ability. Don't get me wrong; the 55 yard FG attempt early was dumb as hell, and it really could have bit us. At that point the defense was holding them, so punt the damn ball. On the other hand, we're 2 and 11... Go for it on 4th down. It didn't turn out to be disasterous, but it could've. Alexander's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on 3rd down could've been a killer too. In the past it has been.... But credit where credit is due... I feel like Taylor made it happen on the drive that Finley ran for a score. I was convinced the defense would have to score, or give us an outrageously short field in the second half to pull off the win.

I think the fact that we had no business winning that game, and the circumstances under which it happened have people talking about jobs being saved. If we're all honest with ourselves, those jobs were safe anyway. I hope it's a sign of things to come, but mostly because I don't have any say in what this organization does. I'll take the pleasant surprise of Monday with a grain of salt, and hopefully we give the Texans a beating this week too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So you guys waited till Wednesday to kill my victory buzz. Ok, who’s ready for a beer? Cheers

In Hell there are shorter buzzes!  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 12:58 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: In Hell there are shorter buzzes!  

I haven’t been sober since 1989. Thought I had a chance in 2015, but that didn’t end well.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 06:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't forget 2017 when the Bengals were 5-9 going into the final two games, and then they won the last two. Many thought the Bengals were going to move on from Marvin Lewis after that season, but he likely held on for another year because of those two wins. I realize it's not a win against PIT, but it's still end-of-season wins that were meaningless.

That week 17 win at Baltimore that so many Bengal fans celebrate was the main reason Marvin was brought back Whatever it’s weird to say, but looking back it was one of the worst wins in franchise history.

We shall see how this win against Pittsburgh plays out...
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 07:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Makes you wonder if Pitt strategically throws these games as it’s a nice long term divisional win having a bad coach stay...

I thought that the other day. Glad I’m not that crazy.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 02:46 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: That week 17 win at Baltimore that so many Bengal fans celebrate was the main reason Marvin was brought back Whatever it’s weird to say, but looking back it was one of the worst wins in franchise history.

We shall see how this win against Pittsburgh plays out...

Yeah... Would could've gotten a head start on winning 2-3 games a year with Taylor.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 06:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't forget 2017 when the Bengals were 5-9 going into the final two games, and then they won the last two. Many thought the Bengals were going to move on from Marvin Lewis after that season, but he likely held on for another year because of those two wins. I realize it's not a win against PIT, but it's still end-of-season wins that were meaningless.

(12-23-2020, 06:55 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: My memory is pretty short sometimes, but weren't we all sitting here until the day Mike Brown announced Marvin was being fired wondering if he would be?  Because there was no clear communication in advance it would happen?  

(12-23-2020, 07:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea, this was when CIN beat BAL the last game of the season to keep them out of the playoffs and BUF got in because of it.
I imagine the logic behind keeping Marvin was that the players played so hard even though there was no chance for a postseason, so they must be doing it for the coach.

The ONLY reason that Marvin was fired was because Mike Brown was trying to convince Carson to stay.  Carson even called Marvin to tell him that that wasn't the reason. 

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT REMEMBERS THAT?!

Mike would have kept Marvin if Palmer hadn't threatened to leave.  As it turns out, Palmer was leaving because Mike had promised him a bunch of things, like a GM, and never followed through.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 05:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The ONLY reason that Marvin was fired was because Mike Brown was trying to convince Carson to stay.  Carson even called Marvin to tell him that that wasn't the reason. 

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT REMEMBERS THAT?!

Mike would have kept Marvin if Palmer hadn't threatened to leave.  As it turns out, Palmer was leaving because Mike had promised him a bunch of things, like a GM, and never followed through.

...What?
I'm so confused.
Carson was traded 8 years before the Bengals moved on from Marvin...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 05:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: ...What?
I'm so confused.
Carson was traded 8 years before the Bengals moved on from Marvin...

Yeah, I was thinking of Bob Bratkowski.  

I lump all shitty coaches together!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 05:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, I was thinking of Bob Bratkowski.  

I lump all shitty coaches together!

Hilarious

Marvin is way better than Zac Taylor. He's not terrible, he's just not great.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 08:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Marvin is way better than Zac Taylor. He's not terrible, he's just not great.

funny...Marvin wins 6 games and people want him fired.

Zac wins 3.5 and its assumed he gets another year.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 08:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Marvin is way better than Zac Taylor. He's not terrible, he's just not great.

Disagree.  

Did Marvin ever game plan for anything or demand any discipline? 
Reply/Quote